We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Deffating After HBWR Cold Water Tek Options

Nathanial.Dread
#1 Posted : 6/14/2015 12:09:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Idea: take x HBWR seeds, and run a cold water extraction on them. Filter, then discard the seeds. Then, add vegetable oil to the water, agitate, decant, and consume the water.

I know a lot of people suggest doing a defat step before doing a cold water extraction, to avoid the nausea, but since all I want to use is cooking oil, that doesn't evap very readily, it would be easier to do the defat afterwards, when there's just two liquids that can be easily decanted.

Any thoughts?

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

doodlekid
#2 Posted : 6/21/2015 7:31:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah interesting, thought of the same but in a different manner:

To make a cold water extract (with some lemon juice) and then basify it, add some kind of oil and pull the alkaloids out. Next pull it again with a clean acidified water and drink this.

But... I've come to realize that probably the most nauseating thing about HBWR are the alkaloids themselves. Maybe the fats do add to this, but it's the awful vasoconstriction that's the worst and this is because of alkaloids. So to really get over the issue requires separation of these and as far I can tell you need equipment for this.

It interests me to find a way to prepare the seeds and circumvent the nauseau (including the vasoconstriction Sick ). Just not sure if it's possible with kitchen equipment and not using toxic solvents.

fathomlessness
#3 Posted : 7/3/2015 3:41:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Couldn't you just take a vasodiolator?

Also, why does the oil/fat bind with and pick up the LSA?