We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Searching for an answer Options

SummerWHU
#1 Posted : 5/8/2017 4:29:44 PM

searching for that awakening

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well on here i hope to get to know each of you and to listen to the stories and experiences that are shared, so whats my story....

I dont know if its just me or everyone feels the same but i have always felt there was something more out there, id spend hours questioning the way things were in my own mind but always with a sense that there was something else out there that was magnificent but tantalizingly out of reach, so as a young man id try and find the answers.

My upbringing could not of been better my childhood was fantastic and my parents were amazing so no excuses there, but in a search for answers and the neighbourhood i was from it wasnt long before i was experimenting with drugs, first pot then speed then pills( but 90's pills, when pills were pills) and it was on x that i experienced my first visuals, there was no spiritual value to the experience but the way the dark direction the trip took me down and my subsequent control of the situation, i knew that i was head strong enough under the influence to know i could handle more potent psychedelics.

It would be a couple of years later when i would get my first glimpse of 'something else' and i was a feeling and knowing that has only amplified my curiosity in what else could be there.

I had spent most of those 2 years spiralling out of control on different narcotics my curiousity had turned to frustration with this world(probably my own fault) and alcohol and drugs had gripped my life and was trying to numb the world, until one day a friend popped into my girlfriends house to hand me a huge bag of mushrooms, liberty caps. I'd given some to my missus then like most drugs and not really knowing how to take them i threw the whole lot down my throat, just eat them raw, the next few hours or eternity as it felt were a rollarcoaster of color, gentle confusia and a glimpse into my soul.

At its peak i was a world of color, i had somehow made it back to my parents street(somehow) i dont have recolection as to how but im standing in the middle of the cul-de-sac and though i could just make out faint shapes of the cars and houses they werent cars and houses, they were a matrix of vertical lines of colour, falling down from the sky, so illuminated though it would of darkness at that time, i looked at my hands and they were a flowing wave of colour, this was way beyond anything id ever done before. All the time i had a sense almost a voice in my head, nope, from over my shoulder telling me "this is your reality" that "everything id known before was a pantomime".
I recall making my way to the kerb to sit down and enjoy the ride, it felt like days just colours pulsating at me, before i started to come back to 'reality', i started to be able to see my old street again.

It was not long after coming back to earth that i thought about my girlfriend, god if she is having the same time as me id better get back and quick. To get back to her house i had to pass through a block of garages, 2 rows of garages parallel to each other of about 30mts long and at the other end was the route to my girls. I started walking through and just as i got to the end, i was at the beginning of the garages again, what the.... I thought this was weird, it was instant, one second im at the end of the garages, with the next step i was at the start again, i tried 4 or 5 times before i finally made my way out, but i was stuck in some time space continuum, or so it very much felt like. The whole peak was a life changing experience, i truly felt id moved into another dimension, that was welcoming, safe, familiar, none of those words can describe exactly the feeling but i came out from it with a sense of everything will be alright.

I got back to the misses she had been locked in her bathroom the poor love, all in all it had been 6 hours, she told me when i was coming up i got up and said i needed to see the world and left, my bad, i felt horrible leaving her alone, but she had made some tee and we sat with a spliff and i was just sitting in a cloud, everything around me was bubbling like clouds when sped up, it was such a warm embracing feeling and everything had gone from this glorious chaos to this calm serene cloud come down.

It was this experience that made me pack my bags and move country for a while, i wanted away from the bad elements of my life, when i talk about my ex, she was a literal girl...friend, with benefits and we enjoyed taking drugs together, she almost pushed me on the plane, so she was cool, and i wanted to soak more of the world than just the town i grew up in.

Since the move i have made something of my life, got a career, lived in a foreign country for a decade, traveled the world learning in their universities, and dabbling in some magic truffles down the way(not so good) and of course more mushrooms but nothing ever got close to that trip, the night i felt i touched the soul of the universe.

Many years have passed, id stopped dropping shrooms, they just wasnt getting me back, then i have to admit, i started listening to the joe rogan podcast, they are fascinating, they have opened my mind to so many new wondrous subjects, (at the moment im getting through fingerprints of the gods) and so many people, some spiritual some not all speaking about DMT, and hows all their experiences seemed the same, and all of them saying how they saw the world differently after, and it sounded like the closest id heard of my own story , and it has awoken that side of me again, my mind feels open and ready to receive a delude of knowledge, i feel im on the precipice of awakening, its in touching distance again, and it seems that dmt can help me reach there, and now im here.

I guess i just want to find out as much help as i can, to understand all aspects of this spirit molecule, and hope to one day be able to bore all of you with another essay(sorry once i started i couldnt stop) about my own experience of breaking through, and to try and help others with their own journeys in anyway i can.

Well thats enough from me, i hope to get to know you all in time.
Take care
K

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/9/2017 5:34:13 AM

Come what may

I think it's pretty cool that this mushrooms trip you had woke you up to something. Sounds like you took a lot from the experience and it always stuck with you. Those higher doses of shrooms can really be transformative experiences. I am glad to hear that it provided a positive force in your life.

I hope you do try DMT at some point. I always look at psychedelics as teachers. Shrooms and DMT teach in completely different ways. They both can provide new perspectives on life. Both are transformative and eye opening. Each experience I have had on DMT has been mind boggling. It creates more questions. Those questions changed my perspective.

Welcome!

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

SummerWHU
#3 Posted : 5/9/2017 3:06:32 PM

searching for that awakening

Thanks for the reply, and though having never tried it, all the info i learn about dmt and what people from all periods of time and from all walks of life from all over the world feel about dmt, i think you're right, it very much does sound like a teacher, i am really looking forward to the day i do get to take that learn that little bit more...

mysterium-tremendu
#4 Posted : 5/10/2017 3:47:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have found that DMT and psilocybin can actually be very similar in certain regards, specially when the psilocybin is consumed in higher dose range.

Sore
#5 Posted : 5/12/2017 8:14:32 AM

Sooth seeker

SummerWHU wrote:

alcohol and drugs had gripped my life and was trying to numb the world, until one day a friend popped into my girlfriends house to hand me a huge bag of mushrooms, liberty caps. I'd given some to my missus then like most drugs and not really knowing how to take them i threw the whole lot down my throat, just eat them raw, the next few hours or eternity as it felt were a rollarcoaster of color, gentle confusia and a glimpse into my soul.

It was this experience that made me pack my bags and move country for a while, i wanted away from the bad elements of my life, when i talk about my ex, she was a literal girl...friend, with benefits and we enjoyed taking drugs together, she almost pushed me on the plane, so she was cool, and i wanted to soak more of the world than just the town i grew up in.

Since the move i have made something of my life, got a career, lived in a foreign country for a decade, traveled the world learning in their universities, and dabbling in some magic truffles down the way(not so good) and of course more mushrooms but nothing ever got close to that trip, the night i felt i touched the soul of the universe.

Many years have passed, id stopped dropping shrooms, they just wasnt getting me back, then i have to admit, i started listening to the joe rogan podcast, they are fascinating, they have opened my mind to so many new wondrous subjects

Thanks for sharing your story and glad to hear you broke away from that grip!

If you're fond of Joe Rogan then check out "The spirit molecule" he made an appearance and did the voice over for it, very interesting documentary and available on youtube check out "Zeitgeist" as well if you have time both are a good watch.

Full disclosure: This account is a form of Role-playing any and all said is for the sake of entertainment value.

InAwe
#6 Posted : 5/13/2017 2:39:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad that psychedelics have helped you to find a more positive path. There are many potential pitfalls in life. It's like trying to navigate a mine field without a map. But I'm glad you are finding a more positive route.

Regarding DMT, the experience generally leads to only more questions. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do it, but answers seem hard to come by in that space. At least for me.

However, the unbelievable nature of the DMT flash is so awe inspiring that it can truly open up your mind to many possibilities. If the DMT experience is possible, it seems that anything is possible. In addition to this, I have found that it can create a newfound sense of childlike wonder about life, which is very invigorating.

Good luck, and welcome
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

DOMO
#7 Posted : 5/14/2017 9:03:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JRE also basically brought me here Big grin. DMT was something I've been wanting to try for the past year+ but it's because of the podcast that I'll be doing trying it in the immediate future.

This may or may not interest you, but it's possible to 'trip while sober'. I think that, combined with DMT, would be an experience like no other.
It involves meditation by feeling pleasure. You do, unsurprisingly, feel it in your gut/abdomen area. This is where a majority of your serotonin, a good percentage of your dopamine and your adrenals are located. It's funny because I've longed thought that 'the stomach feeling' as I used to call it was kind of a golden key for big experiences & recently in my mild internet research on Spice & Shrooms I continually see 'serotonin' popping up.

If you want to do it and 'breakthrough' so to speak (Within 30 mins you can feel like you've taken valium or something, but this isn't a breakthough) then the easiest way is to first get a low tolerance with weed. For me at least, smoking some weed with a low tolerance has a stimulating effect. If it's the same with you, then it'll work. While it's possible to do it 100% sober, it'll be easier if you've been doing it with weed first.

1. Get a workout high and notice you feel it in the gut / abdomen / chest area
2. Expand the feeling. Get high sober. Feel maximum pleasure.
3. Do it often throughout a week. When you notice yourself doing it unconsciously throughout your day, then you're ready.
4. Smoke some weed (with a low tolerance!) and you may find yourself wanting to do the feeling naturally. Go for maximum intensity more than pleasure here (though this is completely up to you). Go for it without the expectation, focus on the journey and continually build it up.

The rest is for you to discover if you want. If you do decide to breakthough then you'll feel the world around you literally shake.It feels electromagnetic. From there, experiment and pay with it.