We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nasal Spray Administration of Psychedelic Substance Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 9/6/2009 5:00:35 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Have you experience with psychedelic Nasal - Sprays ?
Most probably not .

It is quite experimental - but think about it for a moment ...
For some it might prove as useful tool .

I believe it works with the following Substances - some will be combined , some not (; :

-LSA's and LSD
-5-Meo-DMT
-Salvinorin-A

-Bufotenine
-Psilocybe Alkaloids
-Harmala Alkaloids
-Atropine

-Ketamine
-Diethyltryptamine (DET)
-2-C-x Compounds
-DOx Compounds
- other Research Chemicals (?)

We know that Ketamine works - one pump from the Nasal Spray bottle filled with Injectable Grade Ketamine Solution
delivers ~5mg of Ketamine - One has to build up his dosage gradually , treshold effects of Ketamine can start at around 20mg.

Further Substances , Ideas , Experiences and other helpful Contributions are very welcome .

Quote:
Preparation:
Bring one pint of distilled water to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat, add ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. baking soda, and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly dissolved. The salt in this recipe is antiseptic and moisturizing, and the baking soda acts as an alkaline barrier to prevent bacteria from sticking. Fill the nasal spray bottle with the solution and discard the remainder. Allow the mixture to cool completely before using.

Always make a fresh batch each time you use the nasal spray, and discard any remaining liquid. Although the salt acts as a preservative and the mixture could be stored, it's best to avoid any contamination by making a fresh batch for each nasal rinse.

0. Clean your Nose , ensuring that your sinuses are clear of mucus.

1.Insert the nasal spray bottle into your nose, making sure there is no gap between your nostril and the nozzle of the spray. You may need to shake the contents of the bottle first, depending upon the medication.

2.Keep your head level, and exhale completely. Use your finger to close the nostril not receiving the medication.

3.Squeeze the spray bottle to deliver the required dosage while inhaling rapidly. Repeat the procedure for the other nostril.

4.Avoid sneezing or blowing your nose for at least a few minutes after delivering the dosage.

Observant
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Observant
#2 Posted : 9/25/2009 9:03:27 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

My teacher is fascinated by all those different Possibilities ... it seems he picked the most intriguing candidate of the Above for his first trials.
One average Spraypump usually delivers 0,09ml -0,1ml of Solution.
One has to check the Solubility Profile of each substance before attempting to mix a psychedelic nasal spray -determine how to mix your solution and what Concentration is possible. One can have control over the dosage pretty accurately - and easily .

Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

WSaged
#3 Posted : 9/25/2009 5:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
My teacher is fascinated by all those different Possibilities ... it seems he picked the most intriguing candidate of the Above for his first trials.

Which one is the most intriguing of the Above candidates? How did it work for you?

I have bad sinuses, so nasal administration is not happening to this nose, but I think that is pretty cool idea.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/25/2009 5:54:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

this is an awesome thread..bufotenine nasal spray would be cool.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/25/2009 5:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Observant, I am interested in ketamine nasal sprays as well..I realllly want to try ketamine..but I have never put anything up mynose before and dotn know a thing about IV..so spray would be ideal...but how long would it last with this method..I prob wont be doing it for a while as I have no access to ketamine from a trustable person..so I want to collect as much info as I can in the meantime..I am guess it's not as hard on the sinuses either?
Long live the unwoke.

imPsimon
#6 Posted : 9/25/2009 7:19:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Observant, I am interested in ketamine nasal sprays as well..I realllly want to try ketamine..but I have never put anything up mynose before and dotn know a thing about IV..so spray would be ideal...but how long would it last with this method..I prob wont be doing it for a while as I have no access to ketamine from a trustable person..so I want to collect as much info as I can in the meantime..I am guess it's not as hard on the sinuses either?

With some luck (bribe?) you can get a hold of some ketalar (injectable liquid) from a veterinarian and dry it under a fan to get some pure ketamine. It can also be heated on low temperature on a hot plate to evaporate.

As for ketamine i find it one of the "nicest" to take up the nose, only stings a little...tastes quite good too, kinda like cherries.

You should start with small doses like 25mg to feel your tolerance. All of my friends takes very different doses. One of us gets the same effects from 25mg as the other takes 75mg

Also there's two kinds of ketamine, r-isomer ketamine and s-isomer ketamine. The s-isomer really takes away anxiety and strongly affects your balance (crawling too the bathroom unless you wanna break your stereo or tv), it also affects your short term memory far more than the r-isomer.
The r-isomer has less anxiety relief, affects your balance less (altough enough to be very cautious) and is more psychedelic.

Either of the ketamines will eventually turn you into a living question mark=)

I have never tried the nasal spray method but it seems very interesting. As for duration I would guess it would be quite the same as snorted (20mins to come up and then stays there for another 20mins) but since it might be absorbed faster with the nasal spray it may be a stronger and faster kick and then a faster diminish.

...my friend is a daily user of nasal spray for years, gonna see if he's got an empty one lying around.

Question Observant. Do you know if powder ketamine would be completely dissolved in the distilled water recipe?

Phenethylamine23
#7 Posted : 10/19/2023 12:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've also become inspired about nasel spray method for psychedelics administration.
Been snuffing rapey mapacho and also yopo, and bought a saline solution nasel spay to clean the nostrils. I thought what a great idea it would be to extract the desired molecule and make into a nasel spray solution. I'm thinking bufotenine as I have a bunch of anadenanthera colubrina seeds.

Brennendes Wasser
#8 Posted : 10/19/2023 10:32:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I had this idea also and thought it would be super cool to just have a nice collection of sprays, telling

PUMP 5X for X effect or 10X for Y effect

for any interesting compound. But here is what I believed to end up as results ...

DMT
= makes no sense, way too weak via nose and very irritating
no mater if Freebase or Fumarate Salt used (both sting strong for 20+ minutes), 50 mg even have a pretty low effect, that's why I never dared 100 mg.

Bufotenine
= I believe I tried it once, but like DMT it was weaker than anticipated. Probably stronger than DMT as it is generally stronger in effect. I read somewhere it might be less efficient this way due to high polarity and lower chance of readily diffuse membranes. Also I think same kind of nausea like when eaten and vasocontriction, which mostly would be the bottleneck preventing truly psychedelic dosage I guess.

2C-B
= obviously bad idea, due to strong sting. But as original poster wrote about 2C-X in general, maybe some others are better?

Harmalas
= not soluble in water so no chance. You could change with DMSO, but even here solubility is too low and you would end up spraying multiple ml into your body. Technically not hazardous, but practically impossible as it would just run down your throat like a waterfall.
Also my nose always was full brown even 30 min later, so I never believed they would have a good absorption here, but then people having great results doing sublingual way, so maybe would work for others. Still DMSO would act as a pretty good carrier here to overcome the bad absorption (which I experienced at least for me).

Salvinorin-A
= no effect
This would be a super crazy spray of world-shattering power, but just this year wrote on this forum how I sprayed 10 mg up my nose and did not feel anything.

LSA
= With some pure LSA it might work - just like LSD is already known to do. But the actual content in seeds is SUPER low. This means you would need to heavily reduce your extract, nearly to 0. If I remember correctly a typical nose-spray buff will have around 75 µl. You can check by weighing a tissue before and after and giving it like 10x spray shots. So as you would only end up with a few 100 mg's of LSA from a big seed extraction you will have that in like 500 ml of solvent, best case water then. You would need to evaporate this down 500x at least to get a decent spray strength. But then probably the dead end is, LSA extracts are not pure or at least nobody has posted a working procedure with also proven purity. More certainly it will contain like X % of LSA and Y % of other stuff, with Y being much bigger. So even if you could extract it and then evaporate it down by 500X it would become a solid rock due to the big Y that is still inside.

What could work is 5-MeO-DMT as it is much stronger than DMT, so it might not be as irritant. In contrast snorting 5 mg is reported to give quite an effect, while 50 mg of DMT is not really doing any worthy stuff. So 5-MeO might be the way to go. Would be dissolved first in a little ethanol and then add 4x amount of water if you want to use it as the freebase component, probably prefered as it might cross membrane barriers faster.

What definetly works is LSD, but that is probably anyways well known with all those mini-bottles that are often passed around, which you can also apply to your nose instead of tongue. That's basically a nosespray then Love I think there are some recipes for long-term storage. But sadly I think this is the only one proven working, maybe 5-MeO having similar chances.

That might sound not too encouraging, but still weigh a known amount of DMT and check its activity by nose. Maybe more stuff is happening and you will decide that it might be worth it. Regarding Bufotenine, just extract some and check if you get any vasoconstriction or nausea. If not, then this might be also a chance.

Jamie wrote:
Observant, I am interested in ketamine nasal sprays as well..I realllly want to try ketamine..

It works like a charm - I think for that stuff its the best ROA by far Shocked Empty a typical nose spray (need to buy the ones that can be unscrewed), fill like 2 g into whole thing, fill it back up to full = 10 ml and then 2x is weak, 4x is medium, 6x is strong.

ImPsimon wrote:
Question Observant. Do you know if powder ketamine would be completely dissolved in the distilled water recipe?

Will always dissolve 100 % or you got bunked material Twisted Evil Solubility > 300 g / L

starway7
#9 Posted : 12/12/2023 3:44:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

being a spray... it says it has ...iml extracts..[whatever that is].??

and 50 percent alcohol...wouldent that burn your mouth? ...you wouldent want to inhale alcohol!

.....i checked the image again [iml]... was a mistake...... it was [1 .ml]...it says 50 percent alcohol and the rest salvia extract..

its simply...salvia extract.. desolved in alcohol .for sublingual use ...i think...

its that simple??? Wut?

It CANT!...be a nasel spray with all that alcohol!!!

its only an oral spray...it still could burn...the mouth...

hmmWut? ...mixing extract in alcohol ... [after what it went through to be extracted]...should kill any bacteria or germs... could.. be a fairly clean method for bucal/sublingual absorbtion? ateast ceaner than smoking...Wink but using a spray bottle/verses a dropper is there any real difference?

idea!! the dark alcohol could be filtered a number of times making it more clear and more pure before spraying it under toung!!Thumbs up
starway7 attached the following image(s):
DSC00440.JPG (3,220kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
DSC00441.JPG (3,031kb) downloaded 73 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 12/12/2023 11:32:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

starway7 wrote:
being a spray... it says it has ...iml extracts..[whatever that is].??
Not sure where you read that - perhaps you misread 0.1mL Big grin

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Harmalas
= not soluble in water so no chance.
Freebase, maybe not - but harmala citrate powder is well worth a sniff. Not sure I'd bother dissolving it in nasal spray, other than to avoid looking suspicious in semi-public situations.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Brennendes Wasser
#11 Posted : 12/14/2023 10:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Quote:
and 50 percent alcohol...wouldent that burn your mouth? ...you wouldent want to inhale alcohol!

So I think it might burn a little, but a small spray will not be too noticable. But spraying Ethanol into your nose hurts like hellllll, just want to add that here Very happy

With those Salvia sprays it makes me quite wonder, as I think we all found there is not much activity that route. Maybe it keeps some stuff of the leaves, that are probably helping it to have effect while quidding?

Quote:
Freebase, maybe not - but harmala citrate powder is well worth a sniff. Not sure I'd bother dissolving it in nasal spray, other than to avoid looking suspicious in semi-public situations.

Aaaah indeed! But well eating Harmalas is just very easy and will last much longer, so maybe not too much of an alternative?

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 12/14/2023 11:49:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

starway7 wrote:
.....i checked the image again [iml]... was a mistake...... it was [1 .ml]...it says 50 percent alcohol and the rest salvia extract..

its simply...salvia extract.. desolved in alcohol .for sublingual use ...i think...

its that simple??? Wut?

It CANT!...be a nasel spray with all that alcohol!!!

its only an oral spray...it still could burn...the mouth...
Here's what the label may also mean: 13g of dried leaf will correspond to one gram (or mL, maybe) of the extract. The extract itself was made with, or now contains, 50% alcohol by volume. But you could be right, a 13:1 solid extract may have been dissolved in alcohol - but that will be 50% ABV (100 proof US) aqueous alcohol in any case.

The directions for use say to spray once on the tongue: "Start with one spray [on] the tongue". It's partly obscured by a label, but the Dutch text confirms this - "Spray eenmaal op de tong". Definitely not intended for nasal use!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli