We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT smoke is so harsh Options

Rocket3476stz
#1 Posted : 5/6/2017 12:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find when I vape DMT it is so harsh. I have tried a couple of different pipes. It so chokes me up that it kind of ruins the effect. My throat feeling like it is closing can kind of bum me out when it's coming on. Any suggestions?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AlchemicalGnostic
#2 Posted : 5/6/2017 12:59:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're most likely burning it.
Buy a gvg Big grin

Or you can make some changa and smoke it very slowly in a water pipe by applying flame close to herb but not actually touching it to create a cherry. just make sure to inhale very slowly.
"We are the gods of the atoms that make up ourselves but we are also the atoms of the gods that make up the universe." - Manly P. Hall

AcidShard
#3 Posted : 5/6/2017 2:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The smoke is terrible, the vapour is wonderful.
You don't necessarily need a GVG to vape properly.
The machine works great and can be made in a few minutes for almost free.
Keep the flame a few inches away and find the sweet spot.

As mentioned already, changa is basically fool proof as well.

Do a search for "the machine" or "the key" for some easy to vape pipe instructions.
If your pipe is set up to use vertically, you can use a bic, otherwise a torch lighter at a distance is needed.

The vapour should be smooth and so delicious, you will hardly know it's there, though.
It is way less effective when burnt though, so start low and get your technique dialed in first before upping the dose.

Vaping guide - also contains links to all vaping devices/pipes.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=34242

Good luck!

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 5/6/2017 3:45:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're not trying to take large hits to launch into hyperspace in a matter of seconds, I would recommend a sub-ohm e-cig. Mix your spice in with straight PG juice. I find a ratio of 100mg/ml appropriate. Sometimes it takes some time to fully dissolve and some gentle stirring. An eye dropper is ideal for this as it can also be used to load the pipe. Set your pipe somewhere between 35 and 40 watts. This will vary depending on your pipe. You really want to set it as high as possible without getting that harsh nasty flavor. Once you get it dialed in, you'll never get that harsh smoke again, just the smooth vapors.

#5 Posted : 5/7/2017 12:18:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

1:1 changa in 8in spoon bubbler filled with ice cold water, one giant toke usually, gone gone. Twisted Evil

RabidLabMouse
#6 Posted : 5/7/2017 12:22:12 AM

Half in jest, all in seriousness.

I've got asthma and I find DMT to be almost too harsh to handle unless I use the method detailed by Syberdelic. It is, possibly, the only way I can get enough in my poor lungs to have an effect. And there's the added benefit that the vape juice can be flavored. A teeny tiny drop of vanilla custard vape juice mixed in and hey, vanilla DMT. It wasn't done on purpose the first time, just a leftover from the e-cig's previous use but it worked out pleasantly.

I realize this probably annoys purists but the concept of flavored DMT tickles my brain meats and just makes the whole thing that much more pleasant for me. Just thought I'd share.

#7 Posted : 5/7/2017 9:49:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

If the DMT 'vapor' is harsh in any way, then too much heat is being applied or it's being burnt. It's a delicate process to get it to where it feels like nothing more than warm air entering your throat/nasal paths, there should be zero irritation from the vapor.

But on a sidenote - for actual smoke, like from enhanced leaf or changa, I always use near-freezing ice cold water, I might cough a tiny bit, but it's typically within a split second then subsides, near zero irritation from a thick cloud. Might not help everyone, though it's worked very well for me over the years.

Jees
#8 Posted : 5/7/2017 12:23:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rocket3476stz wrote:
... Any suggestions?
Find the millions of posts about this and see that your question is taken care of a trillion times Big grin

SEARCH button, subject rule: harsh
Thumbs up