We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will this work for oral cannabis? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 4/24/2017 10:01:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

An idea came to my mind which could work great actually and be simple at the same time.

I have an diet that mostly consists of soup, mixing plenty of different vegetables from day to day to have some variety but that basis for the soups stay pretty much the same. Onions, a carrot, celery root, and parsley.

I was thinking about putting a little cannabis (equivalent of what I would smoke in a single joint by myself) and frying it on oil together with onions. Than when I done frying, I add a glass of water, other ingredients for the basis and cook it until they get soft.

After that I add about a liter and half to two of water depending how much evaporated and putting the other ingredients in the soup (for example spinach, broccoli, what I'm in the mood that day) and let it cook until it's done.

After it's done I usually leave it at the stove but turn the heat out, and let it cool of slowly. I have an all days worth supply of food in a hour or so, but the cooling part takes some time.

I suppose most of the cannabanoids should released this way and if I ate it a three different occasions in a bowl few hours apart I should feel pleasantly to moderately stoned.

Am I missing something or should this work? I see all kinds of recipes for canna-oil, canna-butter which if this works they seem rather pointless.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

steppa
#2 Posted : 4/24/2017 11:09:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty sure this will work just fine. Be careful with dosage. Pleased
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

arcologist
#3 Posted : 4/24/2017 9:34:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You may have some trouble with separation of the oil phase (containing THC) and the water, which may lead to inaccurate dosing or no effects (e.g. if the oil sticks to the sides of the pot). You need to emulsify the layers, or cook down the soup until there's not much water left. This is why it's hard to make THC-infused beverages, I think they do this by encapsulating THC in a polar molecular container that makes it water soluble.

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 4/25/2017 2:49:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As long as there is an oil or lipid to absorb the THC you should be fine.

I recommend obtaining oral THC preperations which are meant for cooking. There are Cannabis-infused cooking oils which are pre-prepared in a manner which makes dose easier to calculate. There are also oral cannabis oils which come in syringes, I've found these are great for infusing food with THC. Your local dispensary should have them on hand.

-eg

Metashaman
#5 Posted : 4/25/2017 4:41:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HerbalInfuser REALLY works extremely well with entire recipes for all sorts of tinctures.
It also works on Shroomies.

Its a blender and heater all in one that mixes for 4 hours at a time.

Most people forget to bake the weed first for the THCA. You can eat weed all day and get nothing out of it, unless you get the TCH to convert.

I noticed a cleaner high, where I was sharper instead of duller, but I had a peaceful feeling. I don't eat much, when I make mine it's for friends parents who can't pay for it.
Creator of PS.. Home of the Jester and the Akashic Record (DMT Monster Manual).
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 4/26/2017 2:24:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Metashaman wrote:
HerbalInfuser REALLY works extremely well with entire recipes for all sorts of tinctures.
It also works on Shroomies.

Its a blender and heater all in one that mixes for 4 hours at a time.

Most people forget to bake the weed first for the THCA. You can eat weed all day and get nothing out of it, unless you get the TCH to convert.

I noticed a cleaner high, where I was sharper instead of duller, but I had a peaceful feeling. I don't eat much, when I make mine it's for friends parents who can't pay for it.

Hmmm...I'm sure some of THCA would decarboxalate in vivo...but Yes, the THCA needs to be decarboxylated, giving delta-9-THC, you are using heat to remove the -COOH grouping from the 2 position of the THCA molecule (using the dibenzopyran numbering system, and position 3 using the monoterpenoid numbering system ) heat and time are your two main catalysts of this decarboxylation. While curing the cannabis decarboxylation of THCA also occurs.

Miscellaneous fun facts:
the "delta-9" refers to the double bond between positions 9 and 10 and in ring C of the THC molecule, this is using the dibenzopyran numbering system. A picture below demonstrates delta-9-THC as well as delta-8-THC, notice the orientation of the double bond in in ring c.

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
2431_102_26-cannabinoide-ring-ring.jpg (5kb) downloaded 108 time(s).

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 4/28/2017 10:20:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With oral cannabis, there is an important rule: the more concentrated the product, the better it works. Less is more. Put as much cannabinoïds as possible into as small as possible portions of something.

The problem with soup is that most fats float on water. That may prevent cannabinoids from completely mixing with the stomach content if too much water is used, wich would probably delay the effects, as well as make them less powerfull.

Intezam
#8 Posted : 4/28/2017 11:16:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we recommend full fat milk, black pepper and (very finely) crush almonds (or full fat almond milk) and raw cane sugar. When these are added to even low quality gound trim, it turns, lets say a pigeon egg sized ball of ground plant matter into a good experience. No floating eyes and all that. Its why some ppl carry haoma wands (not the harry potter kind)

Aum_Shanti
#9 Posted : 4/28/2017 11:32:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
we recommend full fat milk

Lol my strongest experience was 1 plant in a pot of milk. Simmered for some time then dividing under 5-6 people drinking it. The taste was absolutely horrible. But the experience was the strongest I ever had on THC, with quite some OEVs (saw butterflies everywhere Big grin ).

But his diet probably doesn't allow dairy products.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Intezam
#10 Posted : 4/30/2017 11:56:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

any kind of nut milk works much the same, provided that nuts are of the oily type, like almond, some 6-7 of pounded almonds will do the job....no simmering needed (no horrible needed)

skoobysnax
#11 Posted : 5/2/2017 11:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Decarb your herb first as described here or waste your cannabis.
http://hightimes.com/edi...ter-experiment-method-1/
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?