We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
First Time Cybs' Tek - Low Yield Options

Mr Machine
#1 Posted : 4/28/2017 6:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

So I just wrapped up doing Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek for the first time. I did two runs with 50g of MHRB (so 100g total) over the course of two extremely long days/nights. All went well but yields were lower than expected. About 1.1 grams total from 100g of powdered bark. That being said the product looks excellent. Almost pure white crystals with just a hint of yellow, no wax or goo.

I also have a jar with my naptha pour offs in the freezer that is showing a good amount of crystals. Probably an extra 150mg - 300mg in there, maybe more, hard to tell exactly. I think I'll just let it sit in the freezer for a few more days.

Something I did differently from the written tech that I'm wondering may have resulted in the low yield:

- Due to the advice of a friend I did all my pulls (5 pulls for each 50g run) into one large Pyrex backing dish, which I let set out between pulls. He told me the whole dividing your pulls thing was sort of dated and really only needed with Acacia. He said with good quality MHRB it is unneeded and by allowing the Pyrex dish to sit out between pulls (covered just lightly with foil to keep dust out but still vent) I was essentially doing a form of air evaporation with the naptha, making it more condensed, which I've read about on here and seems to be a valid technique. Thoughts? Did I screw up by not following the tech to a T and putting each of my 5 pulls into different dishes and right into the freezer?

Outside of that I basically did the tech exactly as outlined. I will say I messed with my first 50g run in the freezer more than I should have (couldn't help myself) but the second run I didn't even so much as take a peak for a full 24 hours and the difference between the first run and second run was like 50mg more for the second run, so that turned out to not be as big of a deal as I thought.

Perhaps I just had some not so potent MHRB? It was also in my freezer for like 9 months before I finally did this, could that have been a factor? Or do you guys think by doing all my pulls in one Pyrex dish was the result of the low yield?

Finally, I am in no way upset. 1.1 grams (and a bit more coming from the jar in the freezer) of what looks to be incredibly pure (much whiter than the stuff my friend extracted and gave me) product is enough to last me several years seeing as an active breakthrough for me with my GVG is ~20mg and this is not something I do often and only share with a very select group of close friends who have shown much interest and have partaken before.

Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mr Machine
#2 Posted : 4/28/2017 7:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Next question:

Would it make sense to re-heat the jar of naptha that is in my freezer to around 110F, let it cool and then put it back in the freezer again. Just read on Reddit someone said they did the same. Right now there are already a good amount of crystals but I wonder if reheating it might get me even more. The jar in question is the naptha I sucked off from my Pyrex dishes.

Sasquach2112
#3 Posted : 4/28/2017 7:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Id let it evap out and see whats left behind. Scrape that up redisolve in minimal amount of fresh naptha. decant the naptha off the waxy residue that should be on the bottom of your vessel.. then refreeze percept.

DoorSeeker
#4 Posted : 4/28/2017 8:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't really see how reheating your naptha would do much. It might make some of the floating spice drop back down to the bottom and stick to the pyrex but that's about it. The idea of using one container shouldn't make a difference either.

What temperature did you keep the solution at between extractions? I have noticed that less heat equals lower yields and whiter spice, both of which you have. I believe the temperature should be maintained between 100F -120F.

Sasquach2112's idea is good but you could just evaporate most of it off, like 90%, freeze it again and then pour off the naphtha into a coffee filter to catch any floaties.
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 4/28/2017 9:25:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lol how much do you expect to get out of 100g of bark? 1.1 sounds about right for mimosa. Getting 2% is more rare than you think. You did good Thumbs up ..

ducdevil
#6 Posted : 4/28/2017 11:03:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

your yield is just fine. you probably have good bark - not bad, not super.
there are some who only yield 2-300mg from 50g bark. that's the low side and disappointing.
you did just fine.
enjoy the space safely...

sendokon
#7 Posted : 4/29/2017 1:16:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With my acrb bark i did cybs twice and got maybe .4 total mostly goo. did 2 earthwalkers and now i have a total of 1.544 all together. Im still pretty excited and proud of my first extractions. The mini ab is great also, try it out see how it goes. It was a great improvment for me and glad i started with cybs, it helped me get the basic idea of everything.(also everyones tips and advise)
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Hkz0r
#8 Posted : 4/29/2017 1:41:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what I never understood about this particular process.
Why do people say to add all your pulls into 1 dish but then let it sit out to evaporate a little? Seems counter productive. If you wanted a more condensed pull to squeeze out more dmt shouldn't the amount of NPS be less for optimal results?
I've never done this step so I'm generally curiousWut?

If you have more bark to play with why not split it up next time to see how that goes.

Thenot again, maybe the bark just wasn't as potent?

TGO
#9 Posted : 4/29/2017 2:50:07 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hkz0r wrote:
Here's what I never understood about this particular process.
Why do people say to add all your pulls into 1 dish but then let it sit out to evaporate a little? Seems counter productive. If you wanted a more condensed pull to squeeze out more dmt shouldn't the amount of NPS be less for optimal results?
I've never done this step so I'm generally curiousWut?

If you have more bark to play with why not split it up next time to see how that goes.

Thenot again, maybe the bark just wasn't as potent?

Pre-evap helps saturate the Naphtha so that it crashes out easily in the freezer as seen below:

gammagore wrote:
The point of pre-evap is to make sure that the naptha is saturated enough to allow the DMT to crash out easier when you put it into the freezer. If its not saturated enough it will take longer for the DMT to crash out, some DMT might even stay in the naptha(if not saturated enough and if the freezer isnt cold enough).

When the naptha is saturated enough for the freeze, then put it in there. I usualy use some sort of pyrex dish or some other smaller glass dish(for smaller freeze precips) covered with a few layers of clingfilm/saran wrap.

Take a look at this - How much to evap before freeze precip

However, you could do a couple pulls at a time (2-3), combine, freeze precipitate, collect crystals, and then reuse the solvent for more pulls. You don't have to evap at all if you don't want to, it just helps the alkaloids crash out.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Hkz0r
#10 Posted : 4/29/2017 4:19:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:

Pre-evap helps saturate the Naphtha so that it crashes out easily in the freezer

Makes sense. The putting 250ml of naphtha in one dish to do that doesnt.
Wouldn't it be much quicker to have at least 3 separate dishes so the solvent could evap quicker. By the 5th pull you're pretty much pulling crumbs. Having all that extra solvent in 1 container seems like it would only slow down the process and make it not as saturated in the end.
Maybe I'm just over thinking it

DoorSeeker
#11 Posted : 4/29/2017 4:47:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hkz0r wrote:
The Grateful One wrote:

Pre-evap helps saturate the Naphtha so that it crashes out easily in the freezer

Makes sense. The putting 250ml of naphtha in one dish to do that doesnt.
Wouldn't it be much quicker to have at least 3 separate dishes so the solvent could evap quicker. By the 5th pull you're pretty much pulling crumbs. Having all that extra solvent in 1 container seems like it would only slow down the process and make it not as saturated in the end.
Maybe I'm just over thinking it

You actually make some good points. Evap is based on surface area exposed to the air. Assuming the same container, it would take a lot longer to evap. Also, you're essentially taking your highly concentrated 1st couple pulls and diluting them down with your last pulls. My last pull on Cyb's tek basically yielded nothing. Since precipitation is partially dependent on concentration in the solvent it's very counter productive to add the later pulls. Thumbs up
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

Mr Machine
#12 Posted : 4/29/2017 5:03:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
Lol how much do you expect to get out of 100g of bark? 1.1 sounds about right for mimosa. Getting 2% is more rare than you think. You did good Thumbs up ..

ducdevil wrote:
there are some who only yield 2-300mg from 50g bark. that's the low side and disappointing.
you did just fine.

OK, cool! Like I said, very happy with the yield but I've just read posts of people getting like 2% (the tech states this too), so just wasn't sure if my yield was low or not. Sounds like I did just fine.

Mr Machine
#13 Posted : 4/29/2017 5:27:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoorSeeker wrote:

What temperature did you keep the solution at between extractions? I have noticed that less heat equals lower yields and whiter spice, both of which you have. I believe the temperature should be maintained between 100F -120F.

Not entirely sure of the actual temp of the solution but I kept the water in my crock pot consistently between 125F and 140F. Most of the time it was right around 130F-135F. It was a whole process. Basically most of the time I had the crock pot on "keep warm" but too long of that it would get to 140F or a bit above, then I'd turn it to off, and likewise when it got to 125F or a bot below I'd turn it back to "keep warm". I was told this was the ideal temp for the water. Was very attentive during the whole process. Microdoses of L helped with that!

DoorSeeker wrote:
I don't really see how reheating your naptha would do much. It might make some of the floating spice drop back down to the bottom and stick to the pyrex but that's about it.

Sasquach2112's idea is good but you could just evaporate most of it off, like 90%, freeze it again and then pour off the naphtha into a coffee filter to catch any floaties.

Good call.

I'm really interested in the best way to go about this as I feel there is a good amount in this jar.

Just to clarify:

This isn't a Pyrex dish like I used to put my pulls in but rather a 16oz glass Ball jar.

When I sucked out the naptha from my two Pyrex dishes (one for each 50g run) I put them in said jar and immediately stuck it in the freezer. It's been there since Wednesday night and has a good amount of crystals stuck to the bottom and some floaties (although a lot less today).

When you say "just evaporate most of it off, like 90%" can you clarify? Like just let it sit out at room temp for awhile with the lid open (but resting on top still to prevent dust)?

I agree, reheating probably wouldn't do much. I have some natural coffee filters (good because the color isn't white) to catch any floaties.

Again, just trying to figure out the best way to do this. There very well could be another 300mg in there..

Thank you to all for the response! Thumbs up

Running Bear
#14 Posted : 4/29/2017 5:34:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr Machine wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

ducdevil wrote:
you did just fine.

OK, cool! Like I said, very happy with the yield but I've just read posts of people getting like 2% (the tech states this too), so just wasn't sure if my yield was low or not. Sounds like I did just fine.

take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

Running Bear
#15 Posted : 4/29/2017 5:42:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To give you my gods honest opinion i think you would have extracted just as much with a simple STB extraction.

Mr Machine
#16 Posted : 4/29/2017 7:29:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
To give you my gods honest opinion i think you would have extracted just as much with a simple STB extraction.

Maybe, maybe not. The Cybs' Tek was highly regarded from everything I read. If I yielded the same with a simple STB extraction I think I would have pondered what my yield would have been had I done the Cybs' Tek. Basically I'm glad I did the Cybs' Tek, it wasn't overly complex and I enjoyed the process.

melotikaci
#17 Posted : 4/29/2017 9:09:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr Machine wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. The Cybs' Tek was highly regarded from everything I read. If I yielded the same with a simple STB extraction I think I would have pondered what my yield would have been had I done the Cybs' Tek. Basically I'm glad I did the Cybs' Tek, it wasn't overly complex and I enjoyed the process.

Are you sure 5 pulls were enough?
On my first two extractions I did STB and 4 pulls only, I thought that was it and got ~0.8% until I did 7 pulls and got almost 1.5%. I was leaving nearly half of the spice in a solution. Smile

But it could really be the bark. Dunno.

To give a credit to Cyb I've done Max Ion Tek and got 1.75% even though I did few things wrong. You can try it next time.

cyb
#18 Posted : 4/29/2017 9:57:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

With any tek...You can Only pull out as much as the bark has onboard. If your bark is weak or low in alkaloids, you will pull less. (No % is Guaranteed)
Many factors can contribute to the bark being low - Root bark or Trunk, Harvest Time/Weather/Genus etc.
Just keep pulling till no more precipitates.

Be grateful you get anything and celebrate Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Jees
#19 Posted : 4/29/2017 11:46:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Latest batch of mimo wood also gives max 1% taken with the naphtha pulls.
Surprisingly when using toluene a 'huge' amount of yellow oil could be extracted which seemed to be mainly dmt oxide, I wrote about it here today:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=804083#post804083
If taken that oil weight along then a normal 1.8% is registered.
First time that mimo wood did that.
Maybe your wood is also heavily oxidized? Who knows how old and how it was stored before you got it Wut?
Of course just poor wood exist too.

Mr Machine
#20 Posted : 4/30/2017 9:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool.

Well any further ideas on the best way to go about getting what is in this jar still in my freezer that I outlined in the second half of post #13? Thanks.

12NEXT