We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
music for a dmt trip (new thread, the other was too long) Options

GuruD
#1 Posted : 4/26/2017 3:00:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hi,

I was wondering if anyone thinks that listening to really fast, rhythmical drumming music is good for a dmt-trip? Such as tabla music for example? Or would that interfere with or detract from the trip in any way? It is the most rhythmically complex music in existence. I was thinking that it might serve as a "guide" while tripping. I used to listen to it in the background when smoking salvia divinorum, but that was ages ago, and I really am not a fan of salvia divinorum. I really like Indian music, especially tabla. If anyone has any advice or suggestions that would be great, thanks.

gurud
Yew ken knot mayk mi knull bee kuhz eye am gohd sew kyndli phuhk awf withe yor knahtzee skair taktiks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hkz0r
#2 Posted : 4/26/2017 3:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I love something that's upbeat, but quiet.
Don't remember where I saw it but somebody recommended dive by tycho.
It's a must when I smoke dmt. It has a "I'm beginning my journey" kind of feel to it. Haha idk how to describe it but it works well for me

Naut
#3 Posted : 4/26/2017 4:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have a go at it and see what works for you! Almost every trip music accompanies me, it serves as my ark. I think tabla would supplement an extreme wow-factor that I personally would like. Make sure to scout the entire tune out for any sections that you may not jive with and adjust accordingly.
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

Tele_J
#4 Posted : 4/26/2017 5:00:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally prefer to take my trips in silence. I find that the music distracts me from the beautiful humming sensation that the DMT provides right before I completely blast off. But to each his own.

TeaDaze
#5 Posted : 4/26/2017 5:10:18 PM

truth is a pathless land

You should try it and see how it goes! I've enjoyed experimenting with this because the music seems to have a lot of influence on the emotional theme that develops in the trip. It can become very intimately intertwined with the experience. Personally, I mostly look for music that feels very loving, compassionate, and beautiful. Actually, I think that the more love and compassion I personally sense in the music, the better it will work. It's highly subjective!

You mentioned liking Indian music. Try this. It's not exactly traditional but it is very heavy in eastern sounds. A few of my most beautiful intense experiences were to these songs playing in the background. The song "Kerala Dream" on that album is my favorite- lots of gentle tabla and bansuri in that one. Love this album.

Xochipilli13
#6 Posted : 4/30/2017 5:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nexalizer
#7 Posted : 4/30/2017 5:43:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one never fails to convert me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g0AFBslNms
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

#8 Posted : 4/30/2017 6:45:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

nexalizer wrote:
This one never fails to convert me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g0AFBslNms

Big grin