We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT from filter papers questions Options

Kerberos
#1 Posted : 4/30/2017 4:09:12 PM

Michael

OK, I've been saving my filter papers from previous extractions when I have played with re-ex etc. Picture below.
So I thought I would see what, if anything there is in there.
Question is, I have just thrown them into a jar and based them with the intention of just pulling with some naphtha. Am I being stupid or is this OK to do?
Kerberos attached the following image(s):
tmp_15734-IMG_20170429_2110530291246825816.jpg (3,541kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AlchemicalGnostic
#2 Posted : 4/30/2017 4:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.nature.com/pj.../n10/abs/pj2000152a.html

You should keep the top middle filter, has a nice formation. Rolling eyes
"We are the gods of the atoms that make up ourselves but we are also the atoms of the gods that make up the universe." - Manly P. Hall

Kerberos
#3 Posted : 4/30/2017 5:07:13 PM

Michael

Thanks for the link, a bit late to save that one there all in a jar!
I'll do a pull and see what happens and report back.
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

AcidShard
#4 Posted : 5/1/2017 2:40:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kerberos,
I soaked all my utensils, filter papers, used copper mesh, etc in vinegar for a bit, filtered and based, then everything went solid white like it does with a mini A/B from a regular extraction! Still need to pull with naphtha and see what I get, but it looks very promising!
Let us know how she goes.

AcidShard

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 5/1/2017 6:34:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AcidShard wrote:
Kerberos,
I soaked all my utensils, filter papers, used copper mesh, etc in vinegar for a bit, filtered and based, then everything went solid white like it does with a mini A/B from a regular extraction! Still need to pull with naphtha and see what I get, but it looks very promising!
Let us know how she goes.

AcidShard

I also was going to suggest that an A/B might be a better route than STB as it would further discriminate against non tryptamine impurities. Vinegar is a fairly weak acid and I may be overly paranoid about it, but personally I would avoid contact between acids and metals when that acidic solution will be carrying things to be ingested, maybe with the exception of stainless steel which I also wouldn't do if using strong acids. Of course, the same goes for bases.

Kerberos
#6 Posted : 5/1/2017 11:21:28 AM

Michael

Hi guys thank you for the replys.
So still being stupid, will the freebase DMT move to the liquid base or remain in the filter?
Do you think I will need the papers to be mush so the naphtha will come into contact with everything?
I know I am overthinking this so please forgive me!
Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

AcidShard
#7 Posted : 5/1/2017 12:59:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coffee filters are already very thin and porous, so there should be no issue with vinegar water or solvent penetrating it to grab the wanted substance.
I used 10:1 water/vinegar solution and only kept it in there for about an hour or less.

Good luck!

syberdelic
#8 Posted : 5/1/2017 6:03:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure if you use only basic water, the goods will cling to the filters and not enter the aqueous solution. The only ways you are going to pull DMT into solution are with acidic water (polar DMT salts + polar solution) or with non-polar solvent (non-polar DMT freebase + non-polar solvent).

If your filters are already in basic solution, your best bet is going to be; neutralize the base with an acid and then add more acid until the pH goes down into the 2-3 range. Then continue with an A/B extraction.