We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I loved DMT, but maybe not anymore?? Options

Mr.Psuedo
#1 Posted : 4/29/2017 9:37:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would like to first point out that I attempted to create this thread in DMT discussion but was unable to do so because of my status as a member, I'm certain.

Anyway, I tried DMT for the first time a few years back and it was a pleasant experience. I didn't break through or anything, but it was wonderful. Most notably, my friends' skin was transparent and I could see through their skin to their muscles, veins, skeletal structure and even auras. It was a lot like if you held a flashlight to the tip of your finger and looked at it from the opposite side of the light. Anyway, I recently acquired some DMT and was excited enough. However....

This was nothing like the first time. After a big hit I almost felt like I was going to die from like, inhalants or something. It was very chemical-like and I thought I was going to pass out. I seriously thought I just smoked poison. I remained calm, but didn't experience any kind of hallucinogenic experience. I understand a "fight or flight" sensation could occur, but other than that this did not resemble at all what I had experienced before. My companion tested the stuff as well and she did not at all like the way it made her fell. I know, however, that without a doubt what we have is 100% the spirit molecule, but I would like to note that it has not been Re-X'd. Maybe that's what I had the first time? & perhaps the difference between the two are that immense? Anyway, I would very much like feedback and any and all advice is very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

// Namaste.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Hkz0r
#2 Posted : 4/29/2017 9:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like some contaminated product.
If you pick yourself up some naphtha you can easily clean it up yourself.
Happen to have pictures of what it looks like?

I'm assuming that since you're saying you know it's 100% dmt because you made it?
If not, I would not be so sure unless yout saw that person make it.

Also, what was your smoking method?

melotikaci
#3 Posted : 4/29/2017 10:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also check this thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=11715 and make sure color of your spice has the "safe" properties.

If you haven't extracted the spice yourselfe I would triple check the validity of the claims spice being 100% dmt.

And if it is, you still can't be sure if it was extracted correctly, freebasing process was done right and etc.

DmnStr8
#4 Posted : 4/29/2017 11:31:00 PM

Come what may

Did you burn the DMT? DMT tastes terrible when you burn it.

What was your ROA?

If you set up a certain expectation then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Every journey has value if you see it. Let it present itself as it wants to. Work on the right dose, set and setting, ROA, and you may find your experiences take on a better light.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 4/30/2017 1:11:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would highly recommend a re-x. If there are impurities, most of them will be left in the cold naphtha or heptane. If by chance it is not DMT, it will likely not dissolve in warm naphtha or will not precipitate out while in the freezer.

The other possibility as mentioned above is that you are getting it too hot. This can produce the nasty DMT N-oxide which produces a very different effect as well as a stinging sensation on the lips and tongue.

Absent Thoughts
#6 Posted : 4/30/2017 1:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I myself am Terrified of the dmt experience. It's a love hate relationship. I plan on reentering though when i get brave again. Its worth the consideration before hand in my mind.

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 4/30/2017 4:29:25 PM

Come what may

Otto Hofmann wrote:
The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 5/1/2017 5:56:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Psuedo wrote:
I would like to first point out that I attempted to create this thread in DMT discussion but was unable to do so because of my status as a member, I'm certain.

Anyway, I tried DMT for the first time a few years back and it was a pleasant experience. I didn't break through or anything, but it was wonderful. Most notably, my friends' skin was transparent and I could see through their skin to their muscles, veins, skeletal structure and even auras. It was a lot like if you held a flashlight to the tip of your finger and looked at it from the opposite side of the light. Anyway, I recently acquired some DMT and was excited enough. However....

This was nothing like the first time. After a big hit I almost felt like I was going to die from like, inhalants or something. It was very chemical-like and I thought I was going to pass out. I seriously thought I just smoked poison. I remained calm, but didn't experience any kind of hallucinogenic experience. I understand a "fight or flight" sensation could occur, but other than that this did not resemble at all what I had experienced before. My companion tested the stuff as well and she did not at all like the way it made her fell. I know, however, that without a doubt what we have is 100% the spirit molecule, but I would like to note that it has not been Re-X'd. Maybe that's what I had the first time? & perhaps the difference between the two are that immense? Anyway, I would very much like feedback and any and all advice is very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

// Namaste.

How do you know that you 100% had DMT? Did you personally extract it?

What did this DMT Look like? And how did you smoke it or ingest it?

was it free-base DMT or one of its salt forms?

Personally, DMT is terrifying for me. But noting like your description, either description. It's terrifying, and can be traumatic, but it's not something I dislike, it's just something that inspires fear.

...it's the felt experience of paradox, so it's just as terrifying as it is exhilarating.

Terence McKenna wrote:
One of the interesting characteristics of DMT is that it sometimes inspires fear - this marks the experience as existentially authentic. One of the interesting approaches to evaluating such a compound is to see how eager people are to do it a second time. A touch of terror gives the stamp of validity to the experience because it means, "This is real." We are in the balance. We read the literature, we know the maximum doses, the LD-50, and so on. But nevertheless, so great is one's faith in the mind that when one is out in it one comes to feel that the rules of pharmacology do not really apply and that control of existence on that plane is really a matter of focus of will and good luck.

I'm not saying that there's something intrinsically good about terror. I'm saying that, granted the situation, if one is not terrified then one must be somewhat out of contact with the full dynamics of what is happening. To not be terrified means either that one is a fool or that one has taken a compound that paralyzes the ability to be terrified. I have nothing against hedonism, and I certainly bring something out of it. But the experience must move one's heart, and it will not move the heart unless it deals with the issues of life and death. If it deals with life and death it will move one to fear, it will move one to tears, it will move one to laughter. These places are profoundly strange and alien. -terence McKenna

I don't see the fear as negative, I see it as validation of the experience in many ways, I suppose it's like sky-diving or something, where it's incredibly scary but not negative.

***It doesn't surprise me at all that an individual could smoke DMT for the first time and not like it, the most common remark I hear other than "how long was I gone?" And "I thought I had died" is "I'm NEVER doing that again"***

Every time before I am about to smoke DMT I get quite nervous and shaken, it takes a good deal of courage for me, every time.

...but it's never been anything like a poison. Or like your description at all.

I'm sometimes misunderstood, Often when I explain DMT, I explain the experience as analogous death, analogous to entering a state which is after death, but before reincarnation, it's a look over the grave, you literally experience death and get a glimpse of what's beyond. But there is nothing painful, there is no physical distress like pain, or nausea or the feeling of being poisoned...often times people who have not smoked DMT will hear "death" and interpret this as there being some type of physical distress involved, like "I felt like I was dying", while this is not the case at all, this is actually antithetical to what I'm describing.

You description of "smoking poison" doesn't sound anything like DMT, nor does the "pass out" part, often no matter how intensely strange everything gets, the mental state is always Crystal clear...

...Then saying that you did not experience hallucination, this makes no sense, even in low dose DMT is intensely visual and obviously psychedelic/hallucinogenic, often times the visual hallucinations are so intense it's difficult to discern whether the eyes are open or closed.

...just sounds odd on all levels.

...But then again, everybody is genetically and physiologically different, and everybody will react differently, maybe that's just what DMT does to you

The "translucent skin" phenomena occurs frequently for me on psilocybin, but never on DMT. Interesting though.

If you did smoke actual DMT, then perhaps it's a sign that the compound is not for you, and perhaps you should leave it alone.

-eg

pitubo
#9 Posted : 5/1/2017 10:59:02 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Consider getting a test kit for assessing the quality of your (presumed) dmt. The nexus has a subforum where you can find out more about such test kits.