We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Help an Alchemical brother out, plz Options

Nope
#1 Posted : 4/26/2017 11:40:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Short back story:

I am a veteran traveler of both time and space. I have successfully opened my own plant based Stargate based on info I acquired here, thanks to all you happy helpful spirits. That said, I am not a kid or "just looking to get high", however, I do have a question maybe someone out there can help me with.

LSD. What plants contain this? Do I really need to culture my own potentially deadly batch of ergo fungus? I found that recipe in the AC with morning glory seeds but I honestly could not be less interested in LSA or any other RC that's hot with the kids right now.

Glass wear can be gotten, I am functionally patient and able to follow directions to the letter as well as smart enough to research steps to make sure some Internet screwball isn't going to make me produce some purple staining smoke to ruin my kitchen or something.

Any info would be awesome, PM me if your magic is too strong for the general public.

A thousand generations of blessings on any and all who read this.
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

GuruD
#2 Posted : 4/27/2017 3:02:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I don't mean to stray from your topic, but why did you choose the name "nope?"

btw no plants contain LSD, other than that toxic mold ergot which as you know is not really a plant.

Yew ken knot mayk mi knull bee kuhz eye am gohd sew kyndli phuhk awf withe yor knahtzee skair taktiks

Nope
#3 Posted : 4/27/2017 3:07:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"Nope" is both a reference and a result of a mental practice I do. Similar to what one of the group members does in star wars KOTR, he's always playing a very complicated card game called Pazaak in his head so if anyone ever bothers to reach out with the Force into his mind all they get is a bunch of "..and my total is 17. I hold. His total is 15, he lays down an 8 and plays a -2, his total is 21, he wins, next game is..." and no real crucial information. "Nope" is the least traceable reaction I could think of to the "what is your name" question. It tells you nothing about me, which is what I want. Creative usernames often betray more about the user than they wish.

from what I read the fungus can come in a form that might give you gangrene, I want to avoid that and I'm pretty sure it's not the way Hoffman or the Sunshine Chemist went.

in dire need of direction here

Edit: shorter answer is, Nope is the response I generate when asked to label or quantify my existence
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

concombres
#4 Posted : 4/27/2017 3:41:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope wrote:
"Nope" is both a reference and a result of a mental practice I do. Similar to what one of the group members does in star wars KOTR, he's always playing a very complicated card game called Pazaak in his head so if anyone ever bothers to reach out with the Force into his mind all they get is a bunch of "..and my total is 17. I hold. His total is 15, he lays down an 8 and plays a -2, his total is 21, he wins, next game is..." and no real crucial information. "Nope" is the least traceable reaction I could think of to the "what is your name" question. It tells you nothing about me, which is what I want. Creative usernames often betray more about the user than they wish.

from what I read the fungus can come in a form that might give you gangrene, I want to avoid that and I'm pretty sure it's not the way Hoffman or the Sunshine Chemist went.

in dire need of direction here

LSD is not something you can just cook up with no chemistry background. The synth is extremely difficult i hear, & the chemicals you need are watched very closely. I doubt you will be capable of producing it without a bachelors in chemistry at the very least.

slewb
#5 Posted : 4/27/2017 4:29:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LSA = RC? What?

If you do find a plant that produces LSD be sure to let us know.

Rick Sanchez
#6 Posted : 4/27/2017 4:31:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As stated earlier, no plants contain LSD. The closest you can get to that from natural sources are LSA or ergotamine which still requires further synthesis involving solvents and reagents that are both watched and dangerous, not to mention the risk of accidentally dosing yourself with 100+ hits in the lab
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

sendokon
#7 Posted : 4/27/2017 4:37:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rick Sanchez-
Wubba lubba dub dub!
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Nope
#8 Posted : 4/27/2017 5:55:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
LSA = RC? What?

If you do find a plant that produces LSD be sure to let us know.

Perhaps I should reattempt my point.

Which building blocks require the fewest steps to reduce or modify into LSD? I'm repeatedly getting told a pretty serious background in chemistry and lab techs are required, which is sort of depressing but insurmountable if that's just how it is. However at the end of every other path of that sort I've walked down that started as such it pretty much always boils down to a few simple steps broken down in the correct order, presented by someone who knows what they're doing.

I've never had anything resembling a true experience on either LSA or 2c anything or any other analog that I was ever aware of. I know plenty of people who say they have had such experiences on them and bring back what someone who has been there know as trademarks of proof, so I'm willing to chalk that up to my personal biology or simply being lied to by the provider but so far as I'm concerned they're uninteresting.

Again, maybe I haven't been getting the correct information (although I gave up anything presented on a "tab" years ago) but I did once come across a tasteless, white blotter paper that provided breakthrough after breakthrough for a very nice summer and my personal inclination was that that must be "real" LSD. This was my impression mostly for the time travelling/mind merge aspect that went on, attending concerts in the past through live audio from the perspective of an attendent AND the artist in wave after euphoric wave after euphoric wave.

After that I was just never satisfied with sitting in a room wherever with traceries and a vague body high while everyone around me giggled like they were tripping face.

-Terence McKenna
-Mister_Niles

Aum_Shanti
#9 Posted : 4/27/2017 7:56:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Relating to LSD.
As has been said before. IMHO the biggest problem is, that you would need watched chemicals, which are basically impossible to get as a normal private person.

For me LSA was always quite psychedelic (MGs), although certainly not as visual as LSD (although also very visual in high doses). But for me personally the visuals are not that important. How much seeds did you take, how did you prepare them, how old were they?

What do you understand under a LSD "breakthrough"? Complete ego-loss, merging into the all (that's what were my LSD "breakthroughs" )?

Currently sometimes you also encounter the Pro-Drugs of LSD, like 1P-LSD, or 1A-LSD, because they are still legal in quite some countries. But generally is the question, what is your motivation to get out of the substances. It's IMHO certainly not something which should be taken just out of boredom.

IMHO otherwise Mescaline comes closest to LSD, of all the other natural substances I tried. And growing cacti certainly is an easy and also satisfying job.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

pitubo
#10 Posted : 4/27/2017 11:24:07 AM

dysfunctional word machine

If you want to assure yourself of the quality of the materials available to you and your friends, you can buy one of the reagent test kits. Especially recommended is the TLC test kit as discussed in this area of the forum. As a bonus, you get to do a bit of, albeit very basic, real chemistry when you do the testing.

Forget about making your own lsd if your knowledge of the subject is so sparse that you have to be told that lsd cannot be extracted from a plant. Synthesis of lsd is not an option if you do not have a university level chemistry education, a well stocked and equipped lab and plenty of experience operating in said lab.

Grow some shrooms already.

Wolfnippletip
#11 Posted : 4/27/2017 2:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What pitubo said. Also, I hear LSD plants can be found growing near large festival bass stacks. Shrooms grow all over the place, and several species of cacti can be found growing in my backyard. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

DmnStr8
#12 Posted : 4/27/2017 2:24:51 PM

Come what may

Now I want a LSD plant dang it! That would be awesome! Big grin
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Aum_Shanti
#13 Posted : 4/27/2017 2:29:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe somewhere deep in the jungle, or on a mountaintop, or deep in the ocean, still undiscovered... Big grin

E.g. Rätsch himself was very positive, that somewhere in the future a plant could be found containing LSD. AFAIR he himself stated having had some unknown plants, which had an effect very close to it and he wanted to have it tested. (this was during a lecture of him many many years ago, so I'm not so sure anymore about it being correct)
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

syberdelic
#14 Posted : 4/27/2017 5:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will go ahead and jump to the conclusion that no living PLANT in life as we know it would contain any functional amount of LSD.

LSD is a fairly unstable molecule that will readily degrade at room temperature or with exposure to small amounts of light (especially UV). Even if say a plant was genetically engineered to produce LSD, which in and of itself would be a huge feat with modern technology and a team of top notch scientists, under normal growing condition and photosynthesis, the LSD produced would degrade just as fast as it was produced. These scientists would have to go a step further and engineer said plant to grow in artificial conditions. The conditions would be darkroom lighting (red/amber) and somewhere around 5-10C. Photosynthesis would be the major hurdle as darkroom lighting would likely be insufficient to sustain plant life let alone provide energy for complex chemical reactions on top of this, so just forget about plants.

Fungus would probably be the best option in this endeavor. So..... Ergot already has the chemical precursors. This would probably be the best bet. What I would target is the genes that are activated by cold shock to preserve cell integrity. Engineer them to instead of or in addition to their normal activity, convert ergotamine to LSD. This also would be a huge feat and probably require making available to the plant some very specific and possibly dangerous chemicals. The fungus could be grown under normal conditions and upon maturity, transferred into a refrigerated container and very specific chemical bath. After a week or two, the LSD could be extracted from the fungus.

Well, all you geneticists, get to crackin`.

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 4/27/2017 6:26:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

GuruD wrote:
Hi, I don't mean to stray from your topic, but why did you choose the name "nope?"

btw no plants contain LSD, other than that toxic mold ergot which as you know is not really a plant.

syberdelic wrote:

I will go ahead and jump to the conclusion that no living PLANT in life as we know it would contain any functional amount of LSD

LSD is a product of the laboratory and does not exist in nature. LSD does not naturally occur in any plant, animal, or fungus.

LSD is a synthetic compound, well, it is called semi-synthetic because the lysergic acid precursor occurs in claviceps fungi and the seeds of several species of vines.

Ergot is a fungi of the genus Claviceps, not a mold, and ergot does not contain LSD, rather it contains lysergic acid and other lysergamide alkaloids.

Lysergic acid and lysergamide alkaloids can also be found in, and extracted from, the seeds of several vines in the genus Ipomoea, as well as the seeds of Argyreia nervosa, and Turbina corymbosa, syn. Rivea corymbosa.

There are even ergoline alkaloids found in marine organisms:
Quote:
Among the prenylated indole alkaloids, ergot alkaloids are a well-established group of natural products, known for their potent and manifold biological activities. Ergot alkaloids have been isolated from terrestrial sources exclusively until Pibocin A (483), the first representative of marine ergoline alkaloids, was obtained from extracts of the Far-Eastern ascidian Eudistoma sp. (Figure 78 ) [205]. Pibocins A (483) and B (484) [206] were found to show antimicrobial and cytotoxic effects against mouse Ehrlich carcinoma cells [205,206]. 2-(3,3-Dimethylprop-1-ene)-costaclavine (485) and 2-(3,3-dimethylprop-1-ene)-epi-costaclavine (486) were isolated from the marine-derived fungus Aspergillus fumigatus, together with known clavine-type alkaloids costaclavine (487) and fumigaclavines A (488 ) [207] and C (489) [208]. Except of fumigaclavine A, all of them were found to show weak cytotoxicity against the mouse leukemia cell line P388 [209]. Additionally, fumigaclavine C (489) was found to induce apoptosis in MCF-7 breast cancer cells [210]. Ergosinine (490), which was isolated from the marine mollusc Pleurobranchus forskalii, is the first ergot peptide alkaloid (ergopeptine) found in marine life. The authors propose that ergot alkaloids may play a defensive or protective role in mollusks and other marine organisms
http://www.mdpi.com/1660-3397/13/8/4814/htm

Ergosinine highly resembles ergotamine tartrate, a common precursor for the synthesis of LSD.
Quote:
Ergosinine (490), which was isolated from the marine mollusc Pleurobranchus forskalii, is the first ergot peptide alkaloid (ergopeptine) found in marine life. The authors propose that ergot alkaloids may play a defensive or protective role in mollusks and other marine organisms
https://www.anoniem.org/.../1660-3397/13/8/4814/htm
and is also found in a marine organism.

LSD is produced when lysergic acid is subjected to condensation reaction with diethylamine, hence lysergic acid diethylamide.

...Hofmann even conceptualized the idea for the synthesis of LSD by looking at a compound which was produced from condensing nicotinic acid with diethylamine, producing nicotinic acid diethylamide (coramine)
Quote:
I had planned the synthesis of this compound [LSD] with the intention of obtaining a circulatory and respiratory stimulant (an analeptic).

Such stimulating properties could be expected for lysergic acid diethylamide, because it shows similarity in chemical structure to the analeptic already known at that time, namely nicotinic acid diethylamide (Coramine).

-Albert hofmann; LSD My problem child

Any way, synthesis of LSD seems out of the question in your case, even modern LSD synthesis methods using peptide coupling reagents, which are far more simple than methods of the past, require a fairly high level of education and training in organic chemistry.

Some consume Hawaiian baby woodrose or morning glory seeds, or you can extract the lysergamide alkaloids from these plants and consume them, however lysergic acid and lysergic acid amide produce an intoxication which is far from the psychedelia produced by LSD, and in my opinion these compounds do not qualify as psychedelic, in fact, lysergic acid amide is scheduled as a sedative rather than a psychedelic. I consider consuming these compounds wasting valuable precursors, however, there are some who enjoy these natural lysergamide alkaloids.

-eg

syberdelic
#16 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would argue that LSA is indeed a psychedelic drug. I once consumed the tea of 8 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. I toasted them a little over an open flame enough to burn off the fuzz and char the outside a little. I then crushed them up and made a tea, filtering off the solids. About 20 minutes in, I could feel nausea. At about 40 minutes, I started to feel psychedelic effects and the nausea was intense enough to make me puke. By one hour, I started getting closed eye visuals in the form of mild geometric patterns and fractals and puked again. Shortly after, I puked again. After the third purge, there was nothing left in my stomach and I dry heaved periodically and often. The peak at about T+1.5 was an intense body load and minor open eye visuals.

It was a horrible experience, but I would most definitely call it a psychedelic. Of course, others experiences may vary.

Nope
#17 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:47:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
GuruD wrote:

syberdelic wrote:

I will go ahead and jump to the conclusion that no living PLANT in life as we know it would contain any functional amount of LSD

Some consume Hawaiian baby woodrose or morning glory seeds, or you can extract the lysergamide alkaloids from these plants and consume them, however lysergic acid and lysergic acid amide produce an intoxication which is far from the psychedelia produced by LSD, and in my opinion these compounds do not qualify as psychedelic, in fact, lysergic acid amide is scheduled as a sedative rather than a psychedelic. I consider consuming these compounds wasting valuable precursors, however, there are some who enjoy these natural lysergamide alkaloids.

-eg

Thank you EG (and everyone else) that was pretty much what I was wondering.

I have to say I can't see why I would need years of uni to perform one operation. I will resign myself to further research and hopefully one day I'll run across a wizard willing to share his tech. Til then I'll have to pursue a more shroomic path I suppose.

As I said I'm not just a kid looking to get high. If I'm bored it's in the "cosmic" sense. I could hop on through a plant wormhole anytime I want to, but with the mental makeup I have I require essentially perfect conditions, the stars being aligned, perfect setting, great week leading up to the event, with the result that I MIGHT activate that Stargate twice a year. Maybe.

What I'm doing is looking for an easier controlled dosage with more room to work in for purposes of my Hermetic/Alchemical practices. As within, so without, as they say.

-Terence McKenna
-Mister_Niles

Aum_Shanti
#18 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:49:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It was a horrible experience, but I would most definitely call it a psychedelic. Of course, others experiences may vary.

For me definitely a very psychedelic substance (only done MGs), but as said only very visual in high doses, when you are already tripping hard. LSD is the complete opposite: You get visuals while still feeling completely normal. But the correct preparation is everything to not get nausea and other discomfort. With a simple extraction or proper preparation I only get motion sickness during the first 1-2h. So laying down is the solution for this, which is good IMHO as it forces you to go deeply into the trip so that you not get distracted.

Nope
#19 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:49:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
I would argue that LSA is indeed a psychedelic drug. I once consumed the tea of 8 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. I toasted them a little over an open flame enough to burn off the fuzz and char the outside a little. I then crushed them up and made a tea, filtering off the solids. About 20 minutes in, I could feel nausea. At about 40 minutes, I started to feel psychedelic effects and the nausea was intense enough to make me puke. By one hour, I started getting closed eye visuals in the form of mild geometric patterns and fractals and puked again. Shortly after, I puked again. After the third purge, there was nothing left in my stomach and I dry heaved periodically and often. The peak at about T+1.5 was an intense body load and minor open eye visuals.

This right here is why I will never drink Aya. Vomiting while tripping is the worst thing I've ever done, I am not into heavy body highs and mild visions.

I want peak visions that stabilize and are work-with-able, such as the peak of a Flash or when you start approaching Heroic doses.

-Terence McKenna
-Mister_Niles

syberdelic
#20 Posted : 4/27/2017 9:04:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope wrote:
syberdelic wrote:

This right here is why I will never drink Aya. Vomiting while tripping is the worst thing I've ever done, I am not into heavy body highs and mild visions.

I want peak visions that stabilize and are work-with-able, such as the peak of a Flash or when you start approaching Heroic doses.

I am yet to experiment with it, but I am fairly certain that the nausea and vomiting from Ayahuasca can be mitigated by moving to pharmahuasca and adding a strong 5-HT3 antagonist such as ondansetron. I am in the same boat. I have tried Ayahuasca twice and pharmahuasca once. The trips always start out great but then when the nausea and vomiting set in, the trip turns very dark. With Aya, I get 10-15 minutes of enjoyment. pharmahuasca being more controled as in waiting 20 minutes after taking harmine to ingest DMT gives me 3-5 minutes of enjoyment. Next time, I plan to take ondansetron with harmine, wait 15 minutes and take the DMT. This should allow plenty of time for the MAOI and the 5-HT3 antagonist to be active, resulting in DMT making it's way to my brain without triggering 5-HT3 nausea.

12NEXT