We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
PIC: Is this Xylene? Is this it? Options

Acharya
#1 Posted : 4/25/2017 7:17:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or am I that retarded..

It is so hard to get and I have no idea if I got it yet. I got something.

If THIS isn't Xylene, I quit. Not the forum, only smoking spice in the near future.
This is the second "Xylene" I got, the first one wasn't it, it had butanol and acetone in it in large quantities.

This - to me, at least - seems to be 99% Xylene.

QUESTION: How can it be 99% Xylene AND 25% Ethylbenzene at the same time?

But, with this one here, I'm too stupid to understand the composition.
Xylene = mix of isomers?
Is that no good. Is it Xylene or not? Very happy

And if not, is it good for Q21Q21 tek?

I read the definition of "Assay", because this Xylene says it's Assay 99%.
Assay is "the testing of a substance to determine its ingredients and quality."
So, this means it's 99% Xylene, does it not?
Basification is ongoing for about 3 weeks and in no hurry to complete, but..

Please, someone, for the love of every God, help, tell me, is this it?

P.S. God bless the Nexus, it's a great source of information / research!
Acharya attached the following image(s):
SX.jpg (369kb) downloaded 239 time(s).
SX 1.JPG (116kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
SX 2.JPG (46kb) downloaded 235 time(s).
SX 3.JPG (95kb) downloaded 236 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Acharya
#2 Posted : 4/25/2017 7:42:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry, I just answered my own question with the search button.

benzyme wrote:
benzyme wrote:
it doesn't really matter.
they have very similar polarities (nonpolar, water immiscible)

solubility is a function of intermolecular interactions...dipole moments, and nonspecific interactions (van der waals, which is the predominant force in nonpolar solvents).

in layman's terms, those solvents [talking about Xylol, Xylene and Ethylbenzene] have nearly identical solubilities with the solute of interest.

I still don't quite get those percentages, but it sure is the right stuff. I'm so silly.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 4/25/2017 8:23:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
How can it be 99% Xylene AND 25% Ethylbenzene at the same time?

Notice the 'less than' sign (<) preceding the equals sign. 25% is the maximum amount of ethylbenzene it will contain. The reason for the high figure of 25% is that it is very difficult to separate ethylbenzene from xylenes because they are, as Benzyme says, so very similar. This also means there is a greater degree of uncertainty in the exact figure for ethylbenzene content. Notice also that it says 'Standard Analysis Certificate'. If they were to run every single batch through proper analysis it would be more expensive and for the extra price they'd give you a batch-unique analysis certificate (one hopes).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Acharya
#4 Posted : 4/25/2017 8:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, downwardsfromzero, that cleared things up perfectly.

My chemistry teacher really tried but I just didn't want to listen at that time - she was a very obnoxious person.

So this means I have the perfect solvent. Ok, this is scary.
Only a matter of weeks now.. and I'll come back with a full report.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 4/25/2017 9:41:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
perfect solvent

Well, it's a good solvent but it stinks, doesn't freeze precipitate and is a bit slow to evaporate (which I wouldn't recommend anyhow). Good enough but not perfect. Each solvent has it's merits, depending on intended purpose.

Water is very good indeed Big grin

Not for freebase, obviously.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Acharya
#6 Posted : 4/26/2017 7:52:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
perfect solvent

Well, it's a good solvent but it stinks, doesn't freeze precipitate and is a bit slow to evaporate (which I wouldn't recommend anyhow). Good enough but not perfect. Each solvent has it's merits, depending on intended purpose.

Water is very good indeed Big grin

Not for freebase, obviously.

Listen to me, it's the PERFECT SOLVENT Very happy

For Q21 tek 1 that is. And for doing the job.

I guess I need to wear protection glasses and a face mask ..

Upon further reading on how bad Xylene smells and draws attention, think the process is better done outside, but where the f...

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:37:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Xylene eats latex gloves, use nitrile.

Acharya
#8 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eats through latex.. really?

Well, guess I'll wear a space suit.
Thanks for the heads up!

endlessness
#9 Posted : 4/27/2017 11:01:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please work in a well ventilated area/use breathing mask, and I highly suggest salting the alkaloids out of xylene instead of evaporating it. Xylene not only smells nasty, but also benzene is carcinogenic, so you want to avoid exposure to it.

(edit, just noticed the benzene amount is listed in ppm, quite small, but still better avoid exposure in general, ventilation is good ) Smile

Good luck, be well

Acharya
#10 Posted : 4/27/2017 9:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Please work in a well ventilated area/use breathing mask, and I highly suggest salting the alkaloids out of xylene instead of evaporating it. Xylene not only smells nasty, but also benzene is carcinogenic, so you want to avoid exposure to it.

(edit, just noticed the benzene amount is listed in ppm, quite small, but still better avoid exposure in general, ventilation is good ) Smile

Good luck, be well

Ok, so I don't need to salt it or anything. Thanks.

I'll be doing it outside on a windy day and use the wind for ventilation.
Wind in my back and there'll be no problem. Very happy

I'll be doing Q21 tek 1, so I'll just evaporate vinegar and use it to enhance some Calea zacatechichi + sublingual Harmala 99% extract + yoga and hope for the best.
Will be back with a full detailed report - probably.

Thanks again! Much love! Love

Levanah
#11 Posted : 4/28/2017 5:26:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acharya wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Good luck, be well

Ok, so I don't need to salt it or anything. Thanks.

Hey Acharya, good luck with your xylene pulls. As soon as you add the vinegar to your xylene pulls you are "salting out". You'll have dissovled dmt-acetate salt in your vinegar layer and yeah stay with your plan and just evaporate the dmt-acetate-vinegar liquid to your leaf. Thumbs up

DoorSeeker
#12 Posted : 4/28/2017 8:30:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Q21q21's tek supposed to be food safe if you use xylene? How can that be true if it is so toxic? Is it assumed that it will evaporate from the end product so it doesn't matter and the "food safe" is mainly referring to the fact that it doesn't use any lye for the base?
The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles.

Note: All claims by this poster represent the thoughts of a fictional interdimensional hyper-being and are not representative of any actual or real life experiences, ideas or thoughts.

Acharya
#13 Posted : 4/28/2017 9:14:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Levanah wrote:

Hey Acharya, good luck with your xylene pulls. As soon as you add the vinegar to your xylene pulls you are "salting out". You'll have dissovled dmt-acetate salt in your vinegar layer and yeah stay with your plan and just evaporate the dmt-acetate-vinegar liquid to your leaf. Thumbs up

Yeah, I later got what endlessness was saying.
There was no way I was about to evaporate Xylene, Chemistry isn't my strong point by far, but that's common sense to me. Do people really do that?

Acharya
#14 Posted : 4/28/2017 9:15:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DoorSeeker wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but isn't Q21q21's tek supposed to be food safe if you use xylene? How can that be true if it is so toxic? Is it assumed that it will evaporate from the end product so it doesn't matter and the "food safe" is mainly referring to the fact that it doesn't use any lye for the base?

For Q21Q21 Tek 1, there are two solvent options. Xylene and D-Limonene. D-Limonene is the solvent that's food safe, being extracted for orange peel. Being "food safe" I think refers to using the extracted spice to make a brew since smoke isn't "food".

Xylene is nasty. But D-limonene is expensive as **** here, so Xylene it is.
Both are considered food safe in the context of Q21Q21 Tek 1, but D-limonene is 100% food safe. Rolling eyes

" Xylene, any of three isomeric dimethylbenzenes [which have the same chemical formula, C6H4(CH3)2, but different molecular structure], used as solvents, as components of aviation fuel, and as raw materials for the manufacture of dyes, fibres, and films.
[...]
All three are obtained from coal-tar distillate and petroleum as a mixture containing 50–60 percent by volume of m-xylene and 20–25 percent of each of the other isomers."

www.britannica.com

TGO
#15 Posted : 4/28/2017 10:35:01 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Just to reiterate, xylene is not food safe, it is quite toxic. A food safe tek means that every ingredient used in the tek is non-toxic. For Q21's tek to be food safe you would need to use d-limonene, pickling lime, vinegar and sodium carbonate to freebase.

Using heat to freebase DMT from vinegar is not as effective as Q21 makes it out to be. Many people, including myself, have had some trouble in the past with this. My extract would always taste like vinegar even though I would spend days/weeks making sure it was completely evaporated. I'd scrape the goo up and then spread it back out in the dish to dry more, waiting until it no longer smelled of vinegar. No matter what I did, it always felt like something was off until I properly freebased my extract before infusing it onto leaf. DMT-Acetate is a salt form of DMT which are not typically smoked.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=236964#post236964
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=706124#post706124

I would HIGHLY recommend evaporating your vinegar and then converting to freebase using a sodium carbonate wash. This will ensure that all the DMT has been freebased. Once this step is complete you could infuse it onto your herbs and continue as planned.

Lastly, please watch the language in future posts, Acharya:

Attitude Page wrote:
Watch your language. Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages, which are transmitted through choice of words and general tone of speech. We do not want curse words and immature slang in the Nexus! Please use language in a dignified manner.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

melotikaci
#16 Posted : 4/29/2017 7:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't evap xylene in any circmstances (It's toxic af and smells terrible.)

As others pointed out salt it out with vinegar, evap it and then freebase your goo with washing soda.

Even though vinegar is non-toxic, evaping it with heat makes it may smell even worse than toluene/xylene. It's just unbarable.

I evaporated 100ml on it's own, without heat(much cleaner and non-smelly way) and took a week for vinegar smell to fully disappear. So if one isn't in a hurry that's definitely the best way to go.

endlessness
#17 Posted : 4/29/2017 7:28:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I third what has been said, dont evaporate xylene, salt it out with vinegar (or even better, FASA/FASI), and then convert the salt form to freebase. Dont just evaporate it like q21, use a base to properly convert it to freebase.

Levanah
#18 Posted : 4/30/2017 10:54:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another option:

Divide your vinegar-dmt-acetate solution collected from all pulls in two parts.

Evaporate one part straight on your leaf. Smoke the leaf and evaluate the taste, smell and healing power. If you are satisfied you don't necessarily need the freebase step and can proceed in the same way with the rest of the dmt-vinegar.

If you are not satisfied you can still convert the other part to freebase first before infusing the leaf.

I know how it's like to be new to extraction and to want as little steps as possible. As every step might involve the danger of yield loss if one is not so experienced. As it is Acharyas first extraction he might enjoy the straight way to dmt-acetate-changa.

Nope
#19 Posted : 4/30/2017 11:20:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bark>vinegar>lime>naptha

I imagine it's easier to work with naptha than xylene
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

Jees
#20 Posted : 5/1/2017 1:51:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xylene smell drags attention from around, this could trigger unwanted attention.
Lesser smell is toluene, often labeled as synthetic thinner, check CAS number on the flask to be sure Thumbs up

12NEXT