We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD and Cinnamaldehyde Options

LongTimeWaiting
#1 Posted : 4/25/2017 9:07:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When you mix LSA and cinnamaldehyde your trip's onset is quicker and it doesn't last as long.
Is it possible to mix LSD and cinnamaldehyde to achieve the same effects? And is it possible to mix LSD and other aldehydes to achieve different effects?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 4/26/2017 4:07:07 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

probably not.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:57:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, I've never heard before about LSA and cinnamaldehyde.

According to the (theoretical) functioning for LSA here:

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/LSA_adducts

...I wouldn't expect it to work for LSD, due to the two ethyl groups at the nitrogen.
But I'm also no chemist...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Gone-and-Back
#4 Posted : 4/26/2017 3:11:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lsa has a basic amide group on it (lysergic acid amide) this allows it to bind to different aldyhides to form new slightly altered ergoline compounds. Lsd does not have the basic amide group, it is lysergic acid diethylamide. There is already something attached to that group that makes it lsd and not lsa.

From my understanding this will prevent it from reacting with aldyhides like Lsa does.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

benzyme
#5 Posted : 4/26/2017 3:12:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

that entry is chock full of conjecture.
The only cited source doesn't even support the context of the sentence it's used in,
as c.paspali enzymatically produces LSH without acetaldehyde as a reagent. It's a side-product of the
DMAT pathway.

and Cinnamylidene-bislysergamide? lol

I honestly don't know why people think adding essential oils to their MGS extracts produces
substituted ergine compounds. Adduct addition occurs after protonation, in the presence of heat.
I know what you're thinkng...that reaction could take place in the stomach; decomposition would occur instantaneously.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 4/26/2017 4:01:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I always thought 'Cinnamylidene-bislysergamide' or the bisCinnamyl-lysergamide thing as well to be a complete croque of merde.

BUT I do wonder what the formation equilibrium constant might be for such compounds. Even low amounts of such things being formed in vivo could have unexpected effects. They would be more lipophilic, to start with. They might get picked up by some kind of transporter mechanism. Even if the adducts aren't formed, we still have the already known bioactivities of the aroma molecules. Cinnamal is pretty pokey stuff - it has to be declared if it is present in any medicinal preparations, for example.

The fact remains that we don't know, beyond these anecdotal reports, the effects of aroma compounds in combination with psychedelics. And given the very ephemeral nature of what is happening when a person ingests an LSA-containing extract along with one essential oil or another, it's something of a challenge to find out what, if anything, is going on in there, chemically. Occam's razor is all well and good but what we might need is Occam's (transdermal Raman/FTIR) laser Very happy

Certain phenylpropanoids definitely synergize with psychedelics. I have multiple anecdotal instances that could be referred to.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 4/26/2017 5:14:08 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

all conjecture indeed, and without even a solid basis, as benz pointed out the commonly cited paper doesn`t have anything to do with it.

The suggested reaction is a micheal addition, and a bad one at that, amides (LSA) are totally non-nucleophillic. The only way this could happen in ambient conditions is if it were catalyzed by an unknown enzyme, but as benz pointed out LSH is a product of a completely different pathway.

Indeed, even the relatives of LSH, like methylergometrine, when synthesized in a laboratory are done using the corresponding amines, there are no laboratory conditions in which you can get the amide to react with the carbonyl, especially a substrate as sensitive as lysergic acid.

so there is not even a shred of truth here.. but organic chemistry is unpredictable and often breaks the rules assumed by man, perhaps it could happen at an extremely tiny equilibrium... benz in fact, has the power to lay it all to rest, by running a sample of LSA + aldehyde in HPLC... then again its possible the ionizing spray could even cause the rxn to happen too
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

LongTimeWaiting
#8 Posted : 4/26/2017 7:55:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, when people post their trip reports about using essential oils with LSA, how much truth is there to them?
Because, I tried LSA and peppermint essential oil last night and achieved nothing but a nasty stomach ache. I put crushed HBWR seeds in a pill along with four drops of oil. Not diluting the essential oil is what I believe to upset my stomach.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:39:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

At least try doing a cold water extraction and mixing that with your cooled, fresh peppermint tea.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Cognitive Heart
#10 Posted : 4/26/2017 9:25:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wrote:
LongTimeWaiting]So, when people post their trip reports about using essential oils with LSA, how much truth is there to them?

This is anecdotal data.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.