We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Salvia Experiences Options

sapphire
#1 Posted : 1/18/2017 5:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PRE-CONDITIONS
(mind)Set: calm, very mildly apprehensive
(physical condition) Set: good
Setting (location): sitting in a meditative posture in a darkened room
time of day: (12 or 24 hour system, daylight? starlight? overcast?) ~9pm
recent drug use: cannabis the previous evening
last meal:

PARTICIPANT
body weight: 69kgs
known sensitivities:
history of use: experienced cannabis user, first time with Salvia (or any other entheogen)

BIOASSAY

Substance(s): Salvia Divinorum suspended in grain alcohol (Sage Goddess Emerald Essence)
Dose(s): 3ml tincture, 2ml hot water
Method of administration: sublingual

EFFECTS[/u]
Administration time: T=0:00
Duration: (x hours) ~2.5hrs
First effects: ~7mins
Peak: 1:00 - 1:25
Come down: 1:25 - 2:30
Baseline: unknown

Intensity (overall): 2
Evaluation / notes:

OPTIONAL
Pleasantness: 2
Implesantness: 0
Visual Intensity: 0

AFTER-EFFECTS

Hangover: 0
Afterglow: 2, strangely content the day after

This was my first experience with Salvia Divinorum. I took the tincture sublingually, swallowing it after ~15 minutes. It burned for the first couple of seconds but then I stopped noticing. The taste is something I'll have to get used to-- swallowing was hard and getting the material on taste buds was unpleasant this first time.

The initial effects were a strong feeling of warmth all over my body. This lasted several minutes and then changed to pins and needles. These sensations weren't particularly pleasant or unpleasant.

At one point I realized that I had become a stack of parallel, horizontal lines/planes and was drifting left. A little later I felt some something I can only describe as a 'presence' in my forearms and the bridge of my nose. These effects came and went seemingly in a couple of minutes each but I felt somewhat 'altered' in a subtle way for a couple of hours.

The next day I noticed an afterglow of mild serenity and an increased sense of presence-- sort of the opposite of a depersonalization effect.

I will repeat the same process again in the near future.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hashketchum
#2 Posted : 1/18/2017 5:18:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of effects are you looking to get?

sapphire
#3 Posted : 1/18/2017 10:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm actually after more of an ongoing relationship rather than a specific effect. I'm starting with a tincture because it's supposed to be more gentle than smoking and I'd like to start off slowly. Over time I'd like to explore a range of effects and methods of administration as well as growing my own plants. Would also really like to have first-hand experience of what people mean when they describe meeting the Salvia goddess.

I'm a beginner to entheogenic exploration and Salvia-- if you have any wisdom I'd love to hear your advice!

Hashketchum
#4 Posted : 1/19/2017 1:51:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You may very well be more experienced in salvia then I am. Ive only taken it once, and it was a random concentration and over 8 years ago. I diddnt properly dose and such. I have been extremely interested in growing some and giving it another go.

I never new salvia tinctures were a thing, I only knew of chewing on the dried leaves, smoking and then the enhanced leaf extract. The sagewisdom website contains a good amount of knowledge as well.

After learning of the gentle come up from the oral quids ive been interested to give it a go, just have to get around to growing some myself, I believe its quite easy to grow.

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 1/19/2017 9:59:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome sapphire. Salvia is often "vilified" by seekers who've only experienced the more drastic smoked extract effects. You're taking a wise approach familiarizing yourself gradually. SD can be an amazing tool lending itself to a long term relationship.

I would note that experimenting with a judicious dose of smoked extract does seem to sensitize the psyche to the Salvia head space facilitating the oft noted "reverse tolerance". Once one safely "conditions" their consciousness to this bizarre realm, a more "workable" trance state can be easily facilitated(in quietude) with the gentler ROAs(quid, tincture).

Growing your own is a super and fairly simple endeavor. Harvest and dry the leaves regularly during the growing season. Stored in a shoe box they can "keep" for years. Additionally I recommend Daniel Siebert as the foremost authority re Salvia information. His work, dedication and INTEGRITY are nonpareil!!!

Good luck, be safe and discrete. Keep us posted, the Nexus is another ally worth developing a LTR with.

Peace

sapphire
#6 Posted : 1/19/2017 7:22:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much, Legarto Rey; I really appreciate your thoughts! I do have some 10x & a scale and will try your suggestion.

Hashketchum
#7 Posted : 1/21/2017 5:48:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saphire you should try and find hamiltons pharmacopia on youtube. He has an episode dedicated to salvia, I watched it about a month or so ago and it really has some good information on the plant.

frozenthunderbolt
#8 Posted : 1/21/2017 6:22:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sapphire, I would strongly suggest growing your own (if that is a possibility) IMO quidded fresh leaf (I.E. picked straight into mouth, or near enough) is one of the best ways to go.
Those who walk in truth and love grow in honor and strength.
Bright blessings

sapphire
#9 Posted : 1/24/2017 5:20:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks very much, frozenthnderbolt, Hasketchum, and Legarto Rey.

I'm planning to begin growing my own in the next couple of months (may be moving a substantial distance soon) and I'll definitely check out that Youtube video!

Per Legarto Rey's suggestion above, trying to develop some reverse tolerance by smoking a bit as well.

20 minutes ago I smoked 30mg of 10x on a bed of mullein in a dark, quiet room. Effects came on immediately after exhale. I felt my head throb a bit and then a tickling/strange sensation in my forehead between my eyes. This sensation lasted several minutes and seemed to move around as well. I was sitting upright and also felt as if gravity were a little funny-- I felt the smallest swaying as very exaggerated, like I might tip over even though I was sitting basically still. I could see patterns behind closed eyes, but they were fluid and very faint-- seemed like an effect driven by the light coming from the window and the Salvia acting on my perception of it.

At this point I feel a little mentally spacious in a way that's hard to describe. I feel the tiniest bit "woozy", probably from typing this out, but otherwise great.

Will try 35mg next time, probably within the next couple of days.

sapphire
#10 Posted : 1/26/2017 5:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just smoked another ~30mg of 10x. Took one large inhale, laid down in a comfortable place, and exhaled after about 15 seconds. Eyes closed.

A rush of heat through my body, coming and going maybe twice but only lasting seconds each time. Then swirling gentle green behind my eyelids and a feeling of something ineffable lifting slightly out of myself. Something in the green beckoning but receding and also indescribable and formless. She is asking me to keep lifting out of myself and come with, but oh so gently. I know I haven't smoked enough to follow so I resolve to step up the dose again next time and led her recede.

About 15 minutes later and I have a curious and pleasant feeling of something akin to 'fullness' in the back half of my head as well as an overall sense of calm and serenity. Seeing is slightly odd, especially if I focus on my fingers dancing on the keyboard but the effect isn't super-pronounced; more just something to notice.

I feel like a dose in this range would be a fantastic occasional accompaniment to meditation.

Next time I'll try between 40 and 45mg of the 10x.

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 1/27/2017 4:38:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is exactly how I tell people they should approach Salvia. Patience and respect really makes a difference with this wonderful plant.

I appreciate you taking the time to document your experiences as well, keep sharing! Thumbs up

sapphire
#12 Posted : 1/29/2017 5:14:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the encouragement, Metanoia!

10 minutes ago smoked 40mg of 10x. Oh my word. I was lying down on the floor of a quiet room and then I exhaled and immediately something was rolling over me from the right to the left. Something green and maybe brown like a train but not mechanical and definitely organic-seeming. Or maybe I was part of a landscape? Also there was a presence or something like I was partially part of something else and it was rolling over me and I was also it. There was also definitely someone/thing there as the effect first kicked in. I felt not only the presence but it was totally normal and familiar. Like "oh of course [X] is over there" ran through my head as if that were totally normal and expected even though I was alone in a dark room. But also this was gone as soon as I placed the feeling because the world was just shifting too much. I could feel it in my legs and whole body this .... world thing whatever was rolling over me up and to the left....

There were at least two moments where I had an urge to stand up and reorient myself. In those moments such an action seemed like just the obvious, sensible thing to do since whatever world I was in was rotated or something. In those moments I completely lost that I was on the floor under a blanket and had smoked Salvia. Had just enough connection to stop myself from moving around.

Wow. That was strange. I'm going to stay with this ~40mg dose for the time being until I can relax into it a bit more.

Damn that was amazing and bizarre.

sapphire
#13 Posted : 2/14/2017 8:20:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two days ago I smoked somewhere between 45 and 50mg of 10x (my scale struggles somewhat with these small amounts). Once again I was alone in silent darkness and had meditated beforehand.

After inhaling, I lay down on a comfortable carpet with a pillow and a blanket. After holding the smoke in my full lungs for about 30 seconds, the effects began immediately upon exhalation.

My eyes were closed but against my eyelids there was the faintest outline of a parabola of light reflecting off of a portion of the ceiling and originating from outside the room's window. That dim parabola and the darkness surrounding it began to move downwards and to the right and into me. While it was flowing I also "heard" a sort of rhythm. Like a drumbeat or maybe a simple song. Pins and needles again. And a hard to describe series of 2 or 3 thoughts that seemed to belong to someone else, as if we were sharing a consciousness. At some point I got the impression that I was being toyed with by ... I don't know what exactly. After a short while I had trouble keeping my eyes closed. It was as if something was physically compelling me to open my eyes, which caused the effects to cease. Although somewhat anxious, I wasn't afraid and did not want to open my eyes but was struggling to keep them closed. And I'm not sure why -- this is part of why, I think, I got the sense of being toyed with.

Soon after being repeatedly compelled to open my eyes and some confusion as to that whole strange sensation, the experience basically ended except for afterglow-type effects, which were pleasant.

I would like to go to 50-60mgs of 10x but need to wait for the appropriate circumstance. I feel like I'm close to a dosage that will be substantially more revealing but I also don't have a sitter and have family in the house who would very much not understand if I accidentally knocked over a bookshelf or something on a higher dose. Alternatively, I'm also considering trying a strongish dose of Emerald Essence tincture as the next experience, which makes me less nervous about experimentation in my usual conditions.

Asher7
#14 Posted : 2/15/2017 1:27:08 AM

Professional Tracker

I got different experiences with plain leaf compared to extracts. Plain leaf allowed me to go deeper without the chaos. More entities, more landscapes, more "becoming things". I used a gravity bong.

Try this. Open eye, closed eye, and then open eye with a bandana over your eyes. Let me know what differences you notice.

Extract was strong, but much of the more profound effects were absent. Much of the "meaning" was gone. Straight leaf is where it's at. They'll talk to you a whole lot more, in my case.

sapphire
#15 Posted : 4/23/2017 4:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice, Asher. I recently moved to a different geography and life circumstance but have now settled and am ready to continue exploring.

I planted a couple of Salvia Divinorum seeds today and am cultivating a 2 cacti (san pedro, bridgesii) as well as attempting to grow a batch of Golden Teachers.

starway6
#16 Posted : 4/23/2017 7:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I havent done salvia extract in a long time but yesterday i .. [cautiously!]...smoked a little pinch in a pipe...and i almost forgot how powerfull salvia was!Big grin

It was either 20x or 40 x..or 7x x not shure?

Within 3 or 4 minutes i was sudenly ..[a slice of bread man] in a world made up of slices and squares!!

I remember many corradors in a.. lego type world.. everything was made up of blocks squares and slices and i was one slice of this world!Big grin

the salvia hit me hard!... but because my dose was so small.. i knew what was going on and that i had just smoked some sally D...

I respect the power of salvia extract!!

Every time i smoke any sally extract i get this strange thought that salvia with its awesome power is the hidden star of this whole show and dmt comes in second?

I kn ow dmt is very poweful but salvia extracts are more powerfull by weight!

followingkrishna
#17 Posted : 4/24/2017 10:33:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

frozenthunderbolt wrote:
Sapphire, I would strongly suggest growing your own (if that is a possibility) IMO quidded fresh leaf (I.E. picked straight into mouth, or near enough) is one of the best ways to go.

My monkey mother grew it in the back yard. She got it from a hardware store. She grew it in a line in slight shade. She watered them every 3-5 days.

You can only get clones from what i understand it comes from two plants and you have to do a lot to get it just right. But I am just a monkey.

But you could grow it if its legal in your universe.
- Inside I am guessing an L.E.D. in a for tube work stations would work great.

From past experiences watching my friend the lion grow psychoactive plants and fungi. We noticed they do well with a long and short wave light for an hour out of light periods.
- With cannabis he noticed that when he added black lights it seemed to be better results and increase crystal production.
I am assuming this is a character in a book. I mean who would want to grow that ugly plant.
I'm a monkey who learned how to use a computure. I spell bad and have bad grammar. Everything thing i say is a lie. Everything posted by me pertains as a line of fiction. The internet provider is paid by my dolphin friend's owner who is a unicorn. Monkey out.

gibran2
#18 Posted : 4/24/2017 1:28:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

followingkrishna wrote:

My monkey mother grew it in the back yard. She got it from a hardware store. She grew it in a line in slight shade. She watered them every 3-5 days.

Salvia splendens is a common ornamental plant grown for its (usually) bright red blooms. It is available at garden centers and hardware stores. Salvia divinorum is not available at hardware stores. Maybe a bit more research is in order?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

sapphire
#19 Posted : 4/24/2017 9:24:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

followingkrishna wrote:

You can only get clones from what i understand it comes from two plants and you have to do a lot to get it just right. But I am just a monkey.

Thanks for your thoughts, followingkrishna. For cultivation, Salvia Divinorum is typically available as cuttings or whole plants. I once purchased a small number of seeds to be prepared in case of zombie apocalypse. Decided to use a couple of them but also, hopefully, have some live plants on the way as well.

followingkrishna
#20 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is super cool. I am so pumped for you. I know we had to special order it cause it was legal but no one really knew about it. It just became illegal here didnt know till I went to get some purple stiky and they said they can not sell it any more. So so sad that day. Its always a loss when plants become illegal. Surprised
What is your growing medium?
Are you doing it inside or out?.
Please keep me informed of you don't mind.
Lots of love.
Thank you.

I'm a monkey who learned how to use a computure. I spell bad and have bad grammar. Everything thing i say is a lie. Everything posted by me pertains as a line of fiction. The internet provider is paid by my dolphin friend's owner who is a unicorn. Monkey out.

12NEXT