We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Slightly off topic, but pertinent to all of us nevertheless... Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 3/21/2017 4:33:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I have been learning code for various reasons, and am part of a select few communities. One such community sent me the following article, detailing the potential future of the internet; how it is currently in jeopardy of being further controlled for monetary gain by the largest conglomerates in the world. If they are to have it their way, then we wouldn't be able to access this site... that being said, the article is long, but well worth your time I promise. One love.

Future of the Open Internet
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

JAi
#2 Posted : 3/21/2017 7:15:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll check it out. I like that there's a new internet forming called Blockstack. I would be interested to see a version of the nexus on there sooner or later so if a switch is emanate a back up of the site may be made accessible through Blockstack. I read you don't have logins for each site you go to, you have a unique ID for each user. How this works with the sites like this that require anonymity would be interesting to note as well.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 3/24/2017 9:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JAi wrote:
I'll check it out. I like that there's a new internet forming called Blockstack. I would be interested to see a version of the nexus on there sooner or later so if a switch is emanate a back up of the site may be made accessible through Blockstack. I read you don't have logins for each site you go to, you have a unique ID for each user. How this works with the sites like this that require anonymity would be interesting to note as well.

Hey, thank you for informing me about that. Sounds like some good things in the works to me. I'm going to embark on some research on blockstack while at work tonight😄
One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

JAi
#4 Posted : 4/23/2017 7:56:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome, did you get started with Blockstack yet? I put a toe in the water, that's about it.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 4/23/2017 11:13:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to delve in yet. I have a ton of changes going on in my life at the moment. I've just been watching tutorials and reading about it when I have time. What have you done so far?
One love

followingkrishna
#6 Posted : 4/24/2017 12:46:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
I have been learning code for various reasons, and am part of a select few communities. One such community sent me the following article, detailing the potential future of the internet; how it is currently in jeopardy of being further controlled for monetary gain by the largest conglomerates in the world. If they are to have it their way, then we wouldn't be able to access this site... that being said, the article is long, but well worth your time I promise. One love.

Future of the Open Internet

Luckly smart people like you can make deep and dark places and I even 2 Pertain areas.
If you make those sites you can make a lot of money. It can also help you learn vulnerability in your codes. I think it is completely for monetary gain any way. We are all connected to an internet provider. We pay them or they dont give us it. "Free wifi" is never free since they are collecting your info and selling it to people who try to sell you stuff. So free means you pay twice. We need to have people like you helping us to a free internet service. Taking donations to do so. If every one had internet when they want then there would be no way to really stop information. Love you back.
I'm a monkey who learned how to use a computure. I spell bad and have bad grammar. Everything thing i say is a lie. Everything posted by me pertains as a line of fiction. The internet provider is paid by my dolphin friend's owner who is a unicorn. Monkey out.