We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Looking for help in Austin, San Antonio or south-central Texas Options

Keeper Trout
#1 Posted : 4/11/2017 7:20:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

I live in northern CA but need to find someone I can hire to help me collect some seeds for an ethnobotanical art/research project. It is going to require only a few hours worth of work at most but will go to good ends. It is not a commercial venture but it is worth my paying someone $25 per hour for a total of around four hours their time. PM me if this is of interest and I'll send more details. The seeds I am wanting to obtain are Dermatophyllum (Sophora) secundiflora which is not just native but common in occurrence and also widely cultivated, plus the seeds persist on the ground or in the street for up to some years. The other is Ungnadia speciosa (Mexican buckeye) and those are more perishable. Those also are common and wild in the hill country and also cultivated as an ornamental. Those need to be within the last couple of years of age or at least solid.
Thanks for any help with this.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 4/12/2017 4:04:18 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

we grow that in our yard. Texas mountain laurel, the flowers smell like grape kool-aid. the seeds are mescal beans.
it is a common one here in the hill country. I'll save you some.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Keeper Trout
#3 Posted : 4/15/2017 5:05:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

Thanks! Let me know how best to compensate you for your efforts.

wearepeople
#4 Posted : 4/23/2017 8:35:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heyo Keeper,

I can help ya out with the Sophora beans as well. I don't recognize the 2nd plant unfortunately.

regards,
-wap-
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

wearepeople
#5 Posted : 4/23/2017 8:38:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can help ya out with the Sophora beans as well. I don't recognize the 2nd plant unfortunately.

regards,
-wap-
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Keeper Trout
#6 Posted : 5/12/2017 12:17:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!
Let's talk more details. Please email me at keepertrout@gmail.com