We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi extraction advice Options

InAwe
#1 Posted : 4/20/2017 12:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow nauts,

Can someone please direct me towards a good method for extracting harmaline from dried banisteriopsis caapi leaves?

I previously tried boiling down some leaves, removing the leaves, then reducing the water to a paste, then drying. I'm sure there's a better way. This is more a reduction than an extraction.

I've been successful at an acid base tek for ACRB, so I do have some very basic grasp of plant extraction chemistry --- emphasis on "basic"

Please forgive any ignorance demonstrated in above text, I'm still pretty new at this.

Any links or advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 4/20/2017 12:35:01 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Check out the harmala section of the forum:

Pictorial Guide to Caapi Vine Alkaloid Extraction

Edit: However, keep this in mind, according to Gibran:

gibran2 wrote:
I tried the caapi extraction TEK on a small quantity of what I think were weak leaves and didn’t get anything. I think someone else posted about trying to extract from leaves and not getting good results. Maybe there’s something in the leaves that prevents freebase alkaloids from cleanly precipitating? I don’t know.

If you try it, please post your results!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

InAwe
#3 Posted : 4/22/2017 3:10:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for taking the time to give me that information, as well as the quote. Very helpful!
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''