CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction.. STB Options
 
TheOuterRealm
#1 Posted : 4/18/2017 5:02:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
So Im almost done with my first extraction using Nomans tek. I pretty much followed the tek as its written, some small tweeks as follows

-750 ml distilled water
-50g mhrb
-50g lye
-30ml heated naphtha

I heated the naptha each pull in a hot water bath, total of 7 pulls although the 7th is still in the works

After the 4th pull i stopped with " rolling" it, i got the sense rolling it only kept the naptha atop the slurry without passing through it. The emulsion that forms from shaking will go down eventually but you can tap the jar firmly to bring it down faster

Rather than jars i opted for a glass baking dish, and emptied the naptha to that, about 16 hrs in the freeze and crystals
TheOuterRealm attached the following image(s):
20170418_111445.jpg (973kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
TheOuterRealm
#2 Posted : 4/18/2017 9:12:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
A better pic
TheOuterRealm attached the following image(s):
20170418_160755.jpg (1,180kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
 
melotikaci
#3 Posted : 4/18/2017 9:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 53
Joined: 18-Mar-2017
Last visit: 24-Apr-2017
Wow, so white, much fluffy.

You can also fight emulsion by warming it up. Give the jar a hug and show some love Smile or alternatively you could use a fan for faster results Very happy

Post the yield results, please and good luck.
 
TheOuterRealm
#4 Posted : 4/19/2017 2:43:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
melotikaci wrote:
Wow, so white, much fluffy.

You can also fight emulsion by warming it up. Give the jar a hug and show some love Smile or alternatively you could use a fan for faster results Very happy

Post the yield results, please and good luck.

Well it looks to be about 520 mg of nice white fluff, and an unknown small amount of gummy paste thats more yellow. It was closer to 55 g of bark, and 60g lye, than an even 50, although the ratio is still close enough to 1:1, but thought I'd make that known. All in all my goal was about 1 percent final product and am pretty well there, this tek is incredibly simple, I love it
 
melotikaci
#5 Posted : 4/19/2017 7:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 53
Joined: 18-Mar-2017
Last visit: 24-Apr-2017
TheOuterRealm wrote:
melotikaci wrote:
Wow, so white, much fluffy.

You can also fight emulsion by warming it up. Give the jar a hug and show some love Smile or alternatively you could use a fan for faster results Very happy

Post the yield results, please and good luck.

Well it looks to be about 520 mg of nice white fluff, and an unknown small amount of gummy paste thats more yellow. It was closer to 55 g of bark, and 60g lye, than an even 50, although the ratio is still close enough to 1:1, but thought I'd make that known. All in all my goal was about 1 percent final product and am pretty well there, this tek is incredibly simple, I love it

oh, you don't have mg scale, do you? better get one.
I have crystals in two separate bowls, two different batches from two extraction, visually almost the same amount but one is 300 mg and the other is ~600. that's a huge difference, so don't fully trust your eyes.

When you get comfortable with current tek and think that you can do more and better try this tek. will give you much better yields. I got 1.75% from 20grams of bark. Even more is possible I guess.
 
TheOuterRealm
#6 Posted : 4/19/2017 3:11:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
No i do, i cant get individuals mg, but every ten is good for me, was jumping between, .51-.52 about 520 mg, i didnt weight the pasty stuff i may recrystal it, idk yet
 
TheOuterRealm
#7 Posted : 4/19/2017 3:19:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
melotikaci wrote:
TheOuterRealm wrote:
melotikaci wrote:
Wow, so white, much fluffy.

You can also fight emulsion by warming it up. Give the jar a hug and show some love Smile or alternatively you could use a fan for faster results Very happy

Post the yield results, please and good luck.

Well it looks to be about 520 mg of nice white fluff, and an unknown small amount of gummy paste thats more yellow. It was closer to 55 g of bark, and 60g lye, than an even 50, although the ratio is still close enough to 1:1, but thought I'd make that known. All in all my goal was about 1 percent final product and am pretty well there, this tek is incredibly simple, I love it

oh, you don't have mg scale, do you? better get one.
I have crystals in two separate bowls, two different batches from two extraction, visually almost the same amount but one is 300 mg and the other is ~600. that's a huge difference, so don't fully trust your eyes.

When you get comfortable with current tek and think that you can do more and better try this tek. will give you much better yields. I got 1.75% from 20grams of bark. Even more is possible I guess.
while looks like thats next, awesome.
 
TheOuterRealm
#8 Posted : 4/19/2017 3:31:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
Reading through that tek id have to guess the freeze thaw prep, plays a big role in breaking
away alkoloids from plant materiel, Im sure theres more to it, but wonder what would happen if that step was put into other teks
 
melotikaci
#9 Posted : 4/19/2017 5:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 53
Joined: 18-Mar-2017
Last visit: 24-Apr-2017
TheOuterRealm wrote:
Reading through that tek id have to guess the freeze thaw prep, plays a big role in breaking
away alkoloids from plant materiel, Im sure theres more to it, but wonder what would happen if that step was put into other teks

Maybe someone has already tried that, dunno.
I may test it out on next extraction. I'll "sacrifice" 20gr mhrb for this experiment
 
TheOuterRealm
#10 Posted : 4/20/2017 4:51:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
So after leaving the 7th pull about a day, with periodic vigorous shaking and then letting sit in hot water each time, I siphoned into my dish and did 2 more quick pulls with my recycled naptha, soaking jar in hot water each time. Since it already has goods in it, my thinking was it would help precip given the fact that what was left in the solution is minimal, and the reused naptha would create a higher concentrate for better precip, not sure but it seems to make sense. I feel fortunate to be having such success my first run, another snowy dish
TheOuterRealm attached the following image(s):
20170420_113125.jpg (1,178kb) downloaded 41 time(s).
 
TheOuterRealm
#11 Posted : 4/21/2017 11:03:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
250 mg on that dish for a total of 770 mg, just, over 1.5 percent. These were more pale yellow than white, but still of good quality.
 
melotikaci
#12 Posted : 4/21/2017 11:21:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 53
Joined: 18-Mar-2017
Last visit: 24-Apr-2017
TheOuterRealm wrote:
250 mg on that dish for a total of 770 mg, just, over 1.5 percent. These were more pale yellow than white, but still of good quality.

Awesome result. Thumbs up
 
TheOuterRealm
#13 Posted : 4/21/2017 4:44:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 18
Joined: 16-Apr-2017
Last visit: 21-Apr-2017
So this has been fun, I just keep running the same material with the reused naptha. After this I had a 10th run sit again a day, periodic shaking to hot baths. What was left in the naptha jar was minimal, maybe 15 ml. I was gonna just evap this down, but was at a very shallow layer as the bottom of the glass and figured, why not thow it in the freezer. The gift that keeps on giving. I will probably do a couple more runs with the reused naptha, and depending on what probably scrap the material
TheOuterRealm attached the following image(s):
20170421_112906.jpg (1,088kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
 
melotikaci
#14 Posted : 4/21/2017 9:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 53
Joined: 18-Mar-2017
Last visit: 24-Apr-2017
TheOuterRealm wrote:
So this has been fun, I just keep running the same material with the reused naptha. After this I had a 10th run sit again a day, periodic shaking to hot baths. What was left in the naptha jar was minimal, maybe 15 ml. I was gonna just evap this down, but was at a very shallow layer as the bottom of the glass and figured, why not thow it in the freezer. The gift that keeps on giving. I will probably do a couple more runs with the reused naptha, and depending on what probably scrap the material

you can do 2-3 toluene/xylene pulls and make a jungle spice or alternatively you can salt it with vinegar and when it evaps do a mini stb extraction. I did two toluene pulls after 8th naphtha pull, Did mini stb extraction after salting and got ~100mg freebase. Jungle spice is in progress(waiting vinegar to evaporate).
You can check this thread out if interested https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=74827&find=unread
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.037 seconds.