We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How can I tell what substance I have? Options

GuruD
#1 Posted : 4/20/2017 3:06:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

I have what I THINK is 5-meo-dmt freebase, but I am just not sure.

It looks somewhat like dmt, except that it is a light tan color and it does not smell like dmt.

It smells kind of like what the descriptions of 5-meo-dmt I have read about would smell like.

And it's appearance is closer to 5-meo-dmt than dmt.

Is there any test I could do on this to see what it is?

I only have about 0.4g of it, so I don't want to waste any.

If anyone could reply with a definite way of knowing what I have, that would be great.

thanks
Yew ken knot mayk mi knull bee kuhz eye am gohd sew kyndli phuhk awf withe yor knahtzee skair taktiks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 4/20/2017 3:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings,

the robadope, ehrlich or marquis reagent test might suit your needs, check out Bunk Police for more information regarding the alteration in testing. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 4/20/2017 12:19:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Full ACK on using reagents!

Quote:
It looks somewhat like dmt, except that it is a light tan color and it does not smell like dmt.

It smells kind of like what the descriptions of 5-meo-dmt I have read about would smell like.

That's kinda strange. IMHO DMT and 5-MeO-DMT smell very very much alike. Only after some time I could make out a slightly additional taste component for 5-MeO-DMT. 69ron called it a medicinal taste. I know what he means, but I would rather call it an additional little bit a sweet artificial flowery taste component. E.g. now in spring I walked by a flowering tree, where I thought that this is exactly the smell of this additional component.

Quote:
And it's appearance is closer to 5-meo-dmt than dmt.

What do you mean by that? IMHO 5-MeO-DMT builds more solid crystals than DMT.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 4/21/2017 12:21:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nobody is going to be able to tell you for sure what you have, even if they were to examine it in person.

...Even if it was ingested by an individual familiar with the compound there's no guarantee you would get an accurate identification.

You have to preform a test. There are sites like ecstasydata.org and others that will GC/MS samples for you, but it is time consuming and costly.

...Ehrlich or marquis reagent test is probably the most simple and reasonable method to get an idea of what you have.

-eg

blue.magic
#5 Posted : 4/29/2017 2:07:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your best bet is an Ehrlich reagent test as it is designed for indole alkaloids and reacts differently for DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

Here is a comparison table.

Note that there is different color reaction for freebase and salt. So be aware of that.

Finally, if there other active compounds mixed in, you need a TLC test kit. It is possible to make simple DIY TLC at home.
The substances can be identified by the relative distance the spot travelled and you can also apply reagent test to each spot.

In both cases, very little amount of substance is needed, probably 1mg or less.

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 4/29/2017 3:38:32 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Ehrilich's is a good choice.

Of course you could always just vaporize 5 mg, you'll know pretty quickly that way.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

GuruD
#7 Posted : 4/30/2017 5:09:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

Of course you could always just vaporize 5 mg, you'll know pretty quickly that way.

Are you by chance a moderator on the shroomery?
Yew ken knot mayk mi knull bee kuhz eye am gohd sew kyndli phuhk awf withe yor knahtzee skair taktiks