We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV130131132133134NEXT»
official extraction help thread Options

syberdelic
#2621 Posted : 1/23/2017 5:08:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2headsARE1 wrote:
I have a couple of simple questions about Mimosa. I've always used powdered ACRB for extractions, but I recently came across a source for reasonably priced shredded "mimosa". I took a gamble, and procured some. The bark appears to have some dark "inner" bark, and has a deep red, and possibly purple color. It had a unique scent that I would not attribute to the ACRB that I've received in the past. I've done 1 test extraction so far, and I'm getting a really low yield (.3%) of very white crystals, and a few bright yellow clumps.

The quality of the crystals does not appear like what I normally extract on the first run, so it leads me to believe that it might be mimosa bark, not root bark,low quality bark, or possibly not even mimosa. However, I noticed another strange thing about the color of the initial vinegar soaks. I added vinegar and blended the bark, it foamed up, and it definitely had a light purple hue, but it also might have been kind of pink. Once the mixture was heated, the liquid became a very dark red/puple, almost black color. The ACRB that I've processed in the past also has a red color, but it was lighter color.

This leads me to believe that it might actually be ACRB. I've searched the web for Mimosa being used a dye, and I only found one picture on google with a deep indistinguishable purple color. Can anyone share a picture of a mimosa acid soak, so I can compare? I'm also curious why the vinegar foamed up when the mixture was blended. Is this a normal reaction when you are working with shredded bark?

This sounds fairly normal for MHRB. I've seen it pink, red, and purple. Highest yield I've ever seen was approaching 0.5%, maybe around 4.8. 0.3 is a bit on the low side but within the range that I have experienced.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

2headsARE1
#2622 Posted : 1/24/2017 3:09:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic
#2623 Posted : 1/24/2017 4:02:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That should work, or you could evaporate the solvent and then freeze precipitate what's left with straight naphtha.

you might check the pH after the foaming next time. This would indicate that your starting material is overly basic and might have consumed some of the acetic acid protons making the gas in your foam. This might have the potential to lower your yield by leaving some behind in the plant material.

Deasmond
#2624 Posted : 1/24/2017 4:05:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, just about to finish a STB (Following nomans, with the addition of salt) on 500g of MHRB. Normally I don't have any issues but for some reason the naptha in the first several pulls came out a light orange/brown color and would coat my container in a sludge. After a few frustrating attempts I was able to separate the majority of this into a smaller jar and was able to scrape up a mix of light/dark tan crystals with a total weight of 5g. Subsequent pulls however came out as one would expect, yielding nice white crystals, which was also unexpected because the mhrb ive had in the past was about half the potency as this stuff.

So my first question is this: What is the cause of the strange color in my naptha? I've never had it happen before, and was under the assumption MHRB contained very little if any plant fats and oils. If this is the case though, what can I do differently to eliminate them for future extractions.

And secondly: I normally use bestine to Re-x, however with it being discontinued im unable to find a source of heptane in Canada. Naptha is basically useless to re-x with, atleast with these impurities, so im in need of an alternative way to clean up my spice. Would dissolving my spice into a container with an acidic solution,pulling the impurities out with my solvent, then basing the solution work? Or would the impurities not migrate from the acid to the solvent.

Thanks for the help in advance! Been an observer on this forum for a long time now, just never felt the need to post.
Deasmond attached the following image(s):
20170123_202243.jpg (5,255kb) downloaded 296 time(s).
20170123_230905.jpg (3,733kb) downloaded 294 time(s).

duku2012
#2625 Posted : 1/26/2017 3:29:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I've been following Earthwalkers 100g ACRB extraction.

I've just finished my 3rd extraction and only yielded .23g of product. It's very white and fluffy and the amount looks a lot more than .23g

I have a question after pulling the Naphtha from the basic soup and placing it into water with white distilled vinegar.

The tek says to gently rock or swirl the bottle so the DMT in the Naphtha transfers to the acidic water.

Why swirl and gently rock? Why not turn the bottle end over end so the Naphtha has to work its way through the acidic water and separate? If I do this will I run into problems?

I'm a little worried that I'm leaving DMT trapped in the Naphtha.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jees
#2626 Posted : 1/26/2017 3:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen energetic shaking with good results (little to none emulsion) at that stage.

Phagopsytosis
#2627 Posted : 1/28/2017 12:43:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Max Ion Tek performed. Pulled with naptha x3, but after the 3rd pull there were some crystal-like solids forming btwn layers. Decided to pull as much naptha as possible, then moved on to tolul, thinking maybe the tol would dissolve the xtals, but with no luck.

I'm wondering if anybody would be able direct a person to the proper tek to address the creation of solids between the base MHRB layer and the NPS layer... I thought it was just taking a long time for the NPH to separate from the base layer, but after leaving it overnight the solids continue to accumulate between the layers. Is this Xtals or impurities or something else?

I added a bit more of hot NPS to the layer to try to dissolve whatever that stuff is but it didn't seem to work. I'm working with about 2L of base to apprx 2-ml of NPS. I've tried to pull the white x-tal looking solids but they are impossible to pull without catching some of the base solution.

Any help or suggestions would be Appreciated. We really like the full-spectrum stuff, so the less I have to "clean" the better (as I understand, cleaning decreases yield and removes other active alks. -> Plz correct me if I'm wrong...)

Thanks folks in advance for the help!
Phagopsytosis attached the following image(s):
IMG_20170127_171629.jpg (4,459kb) downloaded 243 time(s).

Spaced Out 2
#2628 Posted : 1/28/2017 1:37:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

duku2012 wrote:
Hello all,

I've been following Earthwalkers 100g ACRB extraction.

I've just finished my 3rd extraction and only yielded .23g of product. It's very white and fluffy and the amount looks a lot more than .23g

I have a question after pulling the Naphtha from the basic soup and placing it into water with white distilled vinegar.

The tek says to gently rock or swirl the bottle so the DMT in the Naphtha transfers to the acidic water.

Why swirl and gently rock? Why not turn the bottle end over end so the Naphtha has to work its way through the acidic water and separate? If I do this will I run into problems?

I'm a little worried that I'm leaving DMT trapped in the Naphtha.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

As jees mentioned you can shake vigorously and sometimes not get an emulsion, but I personally have had an emulsion from doing that. It was because of the fats and oils that the naphtha soaked up during the pulls of the base layer. It was hard to break that stuff up because of that nasty fat layer, or whatever it is, its just nasty and sticks to whatever you use to break it up.

Most of it if not all will transfer to the acidic solution, if you are unsure you can make another pull using more acidic solution and then combine and proceed from there.

Spaced Out 2
#2629 Posted : 1/28/2017 1:45:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phagopsytosis wrote:
Max Ion Tek performed. Pulled with naptha x3, but after the 3rd pull there were some crystal-like solids forming btwn layers. Decided to pull as much naptha as possible, then moved on to tolul, thinking maybe the tol would dissolve the xtals, but with no luck.

I'm wondering if anybody would be able direct a person to the proper tek to address the creation of solids between the base MHRB layer and the NPS layer... I thought it was just taking a long time for the NPH to separate from the base layer, but after leaving it overnight the solids continue to accumulate between the layers. Is this Xtals or impurities or something else?

I added a bit more of hot NPS to the layer to try to dissolve whatever that stuff is but it didn't seem to work. I'm working with about 2L of base to apprx 2-ml of NPS. I've tried to pull the white x-tal looking solids but they are impossible to pull without catching some of the base solution.

Any help or suggestions would be Appreciated. We really like the full-spectrum stuff, so the less I have to "clean" the better (as I understand, cleaning decreases yield and removes other active alks. -> Plz correct me if I'm wrong...)

Very hard to tell with the pic quality but looks a lot like a fat layer, I'm pretty sure if it was DMT it would've dissolved in the warm solvents.

Deasmond
#2630 Posted : 1/28/2017 3:56:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Phagopsytosis - 20ml isn't a lot of solvent to be using for an extraction, it looks like a layer of crystals is precipitating out of your naphtha because its already saturated. Try adding a larger amount, when I encountered a similar problem I heated 100ml to near boiling and it got rid of a similar layer of crystals that formed on top of the mhrb soup, though from the picture it is hard to tell what it is exactly.

Grasshoppa
#2631 Posted : 1/28/2017 10:56:15 AM

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Swim has this problem.. Swim uses the Cyb tek a/b but when the pulls are done and collected in Mason Jars swim notices that while one container forms crystals other dmt rich containers just leave a white snow flake residue inside. It is 100% dmt but it doesn't realy crystalize at this sides. I added a picture hope some one can help.

2nd pull
3rd pull

Phagopsytosis
#2632 Posted : 1/29/2017 7:27:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Phagopsytosis wrote:
Max Ion Tek performed. Pulled with naptha x3, but after the 3rd pull there were some crystal-like solids forming btwn layers. Decided to pull as much naptha as possible, then moved on to tolul, thinking maybe the tol would dissolve the xtals, but with no luck....

Very hard to tell with the pic quality but looks a lot like a fat layer, I'm pretty sure if it was DMT it would've dissolved in the warm solvents.

Never has SWIM encountered a fat layer like that with MHRB... Sorry bout the pic btw. ...lame camera phone. Anyway, SWIM's going to try adding a bit more hot NPS and see if it re'xs.. If it doesn't re'x then he'll go with the assumption that it's a fatty layer.

SWIM's always wondered what the logic is behind adding hot solvent... Once the whole process of mix/settle/mix/settle/mix/settle occurs (which takes about 20 mins, if you're gentle enough to not create emulsion) the solvent temp has surely EQ'd with the MHRB/base mix... Can anyone comment? Is SWIM spending way too much time mixing/settling the layers between pulling?

From SWIM's understanding, the DMT in the solvent just gets reabsorbed by the base layer once the solvent temp EQ's with the base?

2headsARE1
#2633 Posted : 2/28/2017 12:21:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2headsARE1
#2634 Posted : 3/12/2017 7:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Miracle Rogue
#2635 Posted : 3/19/2017 6:43:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all. First time posting. I'm interested in DMT, I've been reading since some days about extraction teks. After reading a few times a specific tek it's somewhat clear, though I'm an absolute freshling to this stuff. I took a look at the Lazyman's tek, it looks simple by now compared to other teks. So many teks suggest VM&P Naphtha which seems pretty hard to find. I was wondering if there could be a replacement for it? So I looked into it. Seems like heptane and dcm were considered among the best replacements, toulene and xylene and a few others were brought up too, but there was no definite answer. Can anyone say for certain which one would be fine as a replacement for the Lazyman's tek?

Mr.Psuedo
#2636 Posted : 3/20/2017 4:55:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I made a thread when I probably should have posted here first. Anyway enjoy the copypasta...

Hello. First off, I want to show my appreciation of this site and its members. I feel important things are being done here.

Anyway, I have made extractions that I then freeze-precip/evap'd to obtain crystals that have failed testing. I can only speculate as to why I'm receiving negative results because I have done everything to the "T". I paused to avoid further failure and waste of crystals, after months of researching I have now made another extraction. The extracted naphtha is now sitting in a hot water bath. I am prepared to do a sodium carbonate wash as well as this is something I have never done before. Always before immediately after extraction I went to freeze-precip, to drying, then to testing with negative results. Help is much needed and will be eternally appreciated as it is a strong desire to produce quality product at this time. Thanks in advance!

Jsummerr
#2637 Posted : 3/26/2017 11:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a question related to an A/B extraction that I'm having a difficult time at finding an answer.

At this point, I believe I've researched enough to understand the basic idea behind the entire process. But after watching dozens of videos on the basics of chemistry and extraction, I noticed the process of applying heat wasn't ever used (at least not in any of the lessons I watched). So if someone was wanting to attempt an A/B extraction using Phalaris Aquatica, what would be the purpose of actually heating the acid solution?
And referencing a paragraph from the Wikipedia article on DMT, would heat actually have a counter-effect on the desired end result? ("DMT is commonly handled and stored as a fumarate, as other DMT acid salts are extremely hygroscopic and will not readily crystallize. Its freebase form, although less stable than DMT fumarate, is favored by recreational users choosing to vaporize the chemical as it has a lower boiling point. In contrast to DMT's base, its salts are water-soluble. DMT in solution degrades relatively quickly and should be stored protected from air, light, and heat in a freezer."Pleased
https://en.wikipedia.org...i/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine

Any input would be appreciated!
"This is the strangest life I've ever known"

downwardsfromzero
#2638 Posted : 3/26/2017 11:47:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

2headsARE1 wrote:
::Edit:: It's not soap. It appears to be a chalky salt from the fumarate reaction directly added to the lye.

Sodium fumarate is not very soluble, especially in solutions containing a lot of sodium ions already.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

sendokon
#2639 Posted : 4/19/2017 2:26:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doing earthwalkers tek, atm at base stage, noticed theres a layer acrb powder then a white foamish layer then purple bubbles on top. The soup wasnt shaken or anything just turned gently for the whole process. Done cybs twice but didnt have this problem. added a bit more lye. It took some of it out. Anything i should do before adding naptha and doin pulls?
Nevermind, after the naptha was added it went away. Thanks anyone who read this.
sendokon attached the following image(s):
20170418_202319.jpg (3,440kb) downloaded 75 time(s).
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

GuruD
#2640 Posted : 4/20/2017 8:08:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

extraction of psilocybin? that's pretty straightforward and simple.

simmer mushrooms in water for thirty minutes, then filter and discard the mushroom bits.
Yew ken knot mayk mi knull bee kuhz eye am gohd sew kyndli phuhk awf withe yor knahtzee skair taktiks

«PREV130131132133134NEXT»