We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
new here Options

sendokon
#21 Posted : 4/12/2017 1:09:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That water bottle is big enough? I was lookin at it before. My total ml before naptha is just a bit less than 750ml. I had a nice 750ml glass bottle but adding naptha would have been too much. Is platic okay to use? I been using a pretty nice hot plate. So i dont think heat is the issue
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#22 Posted : 4/12/2017 7:09:54 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

sendokon wrote:
That water bottle is big enough? I was lookin at it before. My total ml before naptha is just a bit less than 750ml. I had a nice 750ml glass bottle but adding naptha would have been too much. Is platic okay to use? I been using a pretty nice hot plate. So i dont think heat is the issue

Please do not consider using plastic bottles for your extraction. Many acids, bases, and solvents eat right through plastic containers and can leech phthalates into your solvents/extraction. Glass is always the safest choice.

Extraction Safety Guidelines

Phthalates: Warning to those using plastic containers/instruments in extractions
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

sendokon
#23 Posted : 4/12/2017 8:12:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Everything i have is glass, In a few hours ill be able too see how my second attempt went. Really hoping for better results than my first try.....
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

sendokon
#24 Posted : 4/13/2017 1:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pulls left to right, 1st 2nd 3rd.
1st has more crystals than my last attempt all together
2nd not much
3rd nothing
Think it might be the quality of the acrb?
When i goto scrape; should i try and pick out the crystals and then scrape the rest of the dishes if theres any of that yellow/orange goo?
sendokon attached the following image(s):
20170412_190000.jpg (3,272kb) downloaded 121 time(s).
20170412_190011.jpg (3,255kb) downloaded 120 time(s).

sendokon
#25 Posted : 4/13/2017 1:08:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh btw there is no brown or discolor in the dishes. In the pics thats just the back board

sendokon
#26 Posted : 4/13/2017 3:56:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

.27 goo
.06 crystals accidently got a bit of orange goo on some :s
sendokon attached the following image(s):
20170412_214810.jpg (3,185kb) downloaded 111 time(s).

Hkz0r
#27 Posted : 4/13/2017 5:32:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:

I wouldn't use plastic. That bottle I use is the glass version.
And also when I mix the saline mixture in a separate pan I do it for longer than usual. I'm sure most people have a watery consistency when they pour it into their bottle, mines a little like runny oatmeal. Once again, I only do this because the bottle can hold a maximum of 800ml so when the time comes to add naphtha I have room left to actually mix it around.

There's a tek on here, I forget the name...I want to say the post was called "100g ACRB TEK. NEWBIE FRIENDLY. PICS." or something like that. Give that one a try (although i think its similar to cybs tek) or even just another tek in general. If you still get low yields its gotta be the bark. If not then at the very least you've learned a new tek.

If you have the bark try experimenting a bit and see what happens!
Best of luck. Keep us updated!

sendokon
#28 Posted : 4/13/2017 2:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cook thanks everyone, i appreaciate all the help.
That bottle would be perfect then, ive only seen 500ml platic ones.
Ill try out earthwalkers, maybe it is the bark then if thats the case.
Guess i might have to find another vender when im all out.

entheogenic-gnosis
#29 Posted : 4/13/2017 2:37:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:
I dont know if its the quality of the bark or maybe shaking it too hard with the naphtha like you said. I noticed i have a hard time getting the naptha to mix in unless shook. Rolling it or figure 8 just kinda seems to keep it on top. About 45 mins ill be adding the naptha to my new batch...
Oh last time it only took about 5 mins or so for it to fully separate also, i dont know if thats normal

This is all probably review, and it seems like you got things more or less figured out.

The reason you want to avoid vigorous shaking is that a nasty emulsion layer will form. You want the naphtha to make as much contact with the basic water layer as possible, without forming an emulsion. When in the root bark the DMT is in its tannate or oxalate salt form, these DMT salts are water soluble. When the sodium hydroxide is introduced in the procedure it is serving to convert these DMT salts into DMT freebase. DMT freebase is not water soluble, but is soluble in warm naphtha, so your aim is to have the naphtha make contact with, and "pick up" all the DMT freebase from the basic water layer.

(Also, DMT is soluble in hot/warm naphtha and insoluble in cold naphtha, so warm naphtha naturally is more efficient)

After reading through all the other posts here I would suspect that your bark is the issue.

...I would try "the lazy man tek" if you think your bark is the issue, this way you expend the least amount of effort and resources, or I would just toss the bark and replace it.

-eg

sendokon
#30 Posted : 4/13/2017 4:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey thanks eg, its fun doin it lol. Ill prolly expend the rest and hope to find a quality vender

Hkz0r
#31 Posted : 4/14/2017 1:11:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love extracting. I love it more than actually smoking Laughing
Only bad thing is that I never seem to find the time to do an extraction.
Between work, my kid, my kids mom and girlfirend it's hard to get a day to myself.

I'm going way off topic here haha.
I would love to see results from another tek when you have the time.
It does sound like the bark but if you manage to get a huge yield from another tek I'd be curious to find out what caused the low yields this time.

sendokon
#32 Posted : 4/14/2017 4:15:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha ya time isnt my friend, im fairly young, work a lot ....." Not much time for hobbies or anything else but this i really have enjoyed doing it. Ill post here if i get diffrent results, i like cybs tek it seems pretty straight forward, plus i have everything for it. Aside from that nice 800ml glass voss bottle i cant find around my area. Mean time i have been using a 946nl heins white vinager bottle i dumped out n cleaned. Thanks again everyone talking with you has been more than great Smile

Hkz0r
#33 Posted : 4/15/2017 7:00:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:
Haha ya time isnt my friend, im fairly young, work a lot and have half a dozen kids. Not much time for hobbies or anything else but this i really have enjoyed doing it. Ill post here if i get diffrent results, i like cybs tek it seems pretty straight forward, plus i have everything for it. Aside from that nice 800ml glass voss bottle i cant find around my area. Mean time i have been using a 946nl heins white vinager bottle i dumped out n cleaned. Thanks again everyone talking with you has been more than great Smile

You have a crafts store like michaels in your area? I'm almost certain they would have something for you to use as a container.

entheogenic-gnosis
#34 Posted : 4/16/2017 5:24:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sendokon wrote:
Hey thanks eg, its fun doin it lol. Ill prolly expend the rest and hope to find a quality vender

I had some MHRB that did really poor in yield, so I placed the remaining powdered bark in a sodium hydroxide/H20 solution and allowed it to set for over 48 hours, occasionally agitating the mixture, then I proceeded to pull the solution with naphtha, basically a "lazymans extraction" only with extended time increments, and surprisingly through this method I ended up obtaining a decent yield from bark which I was going to trash.

I have some modifications of the layperson's tek which actually work great, and anytime I have any bark which is low quality, I do this to it rather than trash it.

Any way, good luck, keep us posted.

-eg

null24
#35 Posted : 4/16/2017 9:35:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
im fairly young, work a lot and have half a dozen kids.

Holy ----, like as in humans? Please say your kidding...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*ฮณฮฝแฟถฮธฮน ฯƒฮตฮฑฯ…ฯ„ฯŒฮฝ*

Northerner
#36 Posted : 4/16/2017 10:36:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think he means goats Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

sendokon
#37 Posted : 4/17/2017 1:38:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha yah no goats at my house. Im gona be trying out earthwalkers soon see how it goes. Maybe thr mini ab will help. Guess somthin is bbetter than nothing right Smile
Oh i did finally run across the 800ml voss glass bottle, you guys think thatll be big enough for the mini a/b?

TheOuterRealm
#38 Posted : 4/20/2017 4:16:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im new so don't take my word 100 percent, but it seems like 2 main issues cause poor precipitation, the naptha isnt saturated enough. Some evap excess before putting in freezer, some simply use less naptha, although with less napth it can be difficult to siphon which is why i believe others choose to evap it down to saturation. Or your freezer isnt cold enou. One thing I think isnt thought about or surprisingly, I haven't seen mentioned, is that your typical home freezer is going to under go thaw cycles to prevent frost build up. You need a deep freezer that doesn't go through temp fluctuations for consistent precip

Metashaman
#39 Posted : 4/20/2017 4:35:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always reex 2-3 times due to the massive amounts of red goo. I will usually evap until the solvent is 1/2 of what it was, then freeze. At this point you will have DMT and water crystals. Then I pour off the "liquid only" back into an airtight jar and keep it in a cool dry place for later extractions.

Then I freeze again. just to make sure I can pour off as much solvent as possible before evap stage.

From there I evap, not with a fan (I found that it throws particles into the solvent and I get these black specs of dirt or dust) but instead I throw them into my tomato/pepper growing area (was a pot room, but gave that up a while ago). It stays 80-90 degrees there.

I just leave them in there covered, but with a small slit so any condensation from the freeze goes away. As soon as I start to see "crystals" forming, then I move the containers to a dry place to sit for a month-ish.

At that point even the "unwanted fatty things" start to harden and crystallize (though I have found this is more true after my 3rd or 4th re-ex". There are a ton of "how to reex DMT guides. I don't mind losing a bit (up to 1/3rd as I reex soo much), to feel like what I am doing is "pure".

After about a month the entire pan has snowflaked into happiness. Not sure you want to wait all that time, but next time I would suggest a head start and plan on waiting a bit. I do think the results are visibly better in the later situation.

It goes from dark red, to orange to dark yellow to light yellow over the re-ex's I don't need white, but light yellow seems where my mind is comfortable and I know what I am measuring out is close to "golden".

I use naptha for extractions and bestine for re-ex.

On a side note, you use pyrex bakeware like I do, see if you can get the snap covers. I have found that dust alone gives me reason to re-ex again sometimes, for the 3-4 bucks a pop it seems well worth the energy.

Creator of PS.. Home of the Jester and the Akashic Record (DMT Monster Manual).
If Chat is down here, feel free to take refuge in Experience Report Chat til it's back up.

sendokon
#40 Posted : 4/20/2017 7:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tips Smile
I recently tried doing earthwalkers. I made a post about it but no responce. I got to the mini ab stage and ny bottle is cloudy water looking after i added the 50ml naptha. Do you guys think the dmt didnt mix into the acid? Im not quite sure what to do now, i have the naptha from when i siphoned off the acid water i a jar. Think maybe it didnt mix in the acid?

PREV12