We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
caapi leaf tea colors after brewing? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 4/18/2017 7:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hard boiled caapi leaf in the past that was a dark redish color i was trying to extract it..

But i brewed some black caapi leaf i got recently.. and it only made the water turn a ylellowish color? but i didnt hard boil it... i just heated the water and steeped the

It seems quite active but i see no red in the color?

can the color diference be because i used less leaf and didnt boild the crap out of it..
[i just made it like you brew tea]..

verses using a whole bag of leafe and boiling it for over an hour?

can diferent strains of caapi leaf make a diferent colored tea?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 4/19/2017 2:20:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm....

Interesting.

I generally brew with PHS or red caapi, and my brews are generally reddish brown colored.

Though yellow coloring is not unheard of...actually I have seen cold water extracts produce a yellowish end product, so I'm guessing it's the long brew that causes the darkened color.

Tetrahydroharmine (THH), harmine, and harmaline are actually yellow in color, they are fluorescent and exhibit luminescence when held under a UV light.

When you hear the name "yellow/gold caapi" it is said that it was initially the yellow colored brews which inspired the name.

Alicia Anisopetala vine is often sold as "black caapi...

-eg

starway6
#3 Posted : 4/19/2017 2:53:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Hmmm....

Interesting.

I generally brew with PHS or red caapi, and my brews are generally reddish brown colored.

Though yellow coloring is not unheard of...actually I have seen cold water extracts produce a yellowish end product, so I'm guessing it's the long brew that causes the darkened color.

Tetrahydroharmine (THH), harmine, and harmaline are actually yellow in color, they are fluorescent and exhibit luminescence when held under a UV light.

When you hear the name "yellow/gold caapi" it is said that it was initially the yellow colored brews which inspired the name.

Alicia Anisopetala vine is often sold as "black caapi...

-eg

Thanks for your opinion.. so far it seems not many people can answer the question,..

Im guessing that ..[a hard boil].. with some added acid may cause the redish brown color...?

I only heated some water and shut off heat. then droped the caapi tea bag in the water ..just like making any tea...

The vender i got this caapi leaf from has a very good reputation for quality and prompt delivery...

quoting the venders add....[our dryed caapi ..leavs.. follage] are a bright green color.. and are very aromatic...

I tryed some and it felt much like the way rue tea makes you feel and it stretched out my trip about two hours from smoking 25 mgs of spice..

I was confused at why it didnt turn redish brown thats all..