We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How do you choose your dmt dosage? Options

twattlehead
#1 Posted : 4/17/2017 9:19:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

At first my opinion on the subject was heavily influenced by Mckenna. His opinion was along the lines of, only do "heroic" doses, smaller doses are sinful (his word).

So I went in with the intention of breaking through on my first try. I had a great experience on my first break through, but I've since had several lower, non break through doses, which I also found valuable in their own way. As well as an accidental 3x break through dose which, while mindblowing, is not something I'll be doing again soon.

So do you aim for bare break through dose, a heavier one, or a non break through dose and how do you come to this decision?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bionecrosis
#2 Posted : 4/17/2017 12:04:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me depends a lot from smoking method.Usualy I always smoke with "meth pipe".But I had many faoult.I burned it a lot of time witj tourch flame or drag in in 1 puff.I can't eaclimatise and react from the rapid ownset.I prefer 3 puffs.Sometimes heppend to me I did too slow puffs so I didn't get the desired effect after larger dose.And many times burned it or wasnt consentrated befor get the puff and could't keep kt anught.Dosa may var +- 15mg
At lest for me.
Last night I kearned how to keep the flame(not tourch) long away from the pipe so I go only vapores befor the boiling point.

AcidShard
#3 Posted : 4/17/2017 1:25:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Twattlehead!

Everybody needs to find their own "sweet spot". The dose will vary depending on the individual.
I personally like to take an average sized hit (like you would from a cigarette), then let the pre-flight anxiety melt away,
then go for two more huge hits.
Making sure your dose is measured and the pipe doesn't have a bunch of "leftovers" from last time will aid in consistent doses.

The meth pipe method is apparently difficult and requires a bit of practice, which can be hard to achieve when it's melting and
turning into a snake and you have no depth perception after the first big hit.

Everyone loves the GVG, I use something similiar to "The Key" for crystal, or just a small bong for enhanced leaf.
The easier your device is to use, the less misfires you will have.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12092

Start low, use a good scale, and perfect your technique, and you will find your perfect dose for what you want to achieve.

Hope this helps!
AcidShard

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 4/17/2017 4:01:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The best method for finding your appropriate dose is to first research the published dose range for the compound, then starting at the low end, slowly increase your dose until you have found the dose which is most suited to your personal needs.

Be sure you are starting at at least the threshold dose, and every attempt after add slightly more, eventually you will find the proper dose.

Most doses are calculated with a milligrams to kilograms ratio, so those with higher body weight may be able to start at a slightly higher dose, but should still start low and work their way up.

-eg

twattlehead
#5 Posted : 4/18/2017 8:42:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi and thanks for the replies. Another dose related question: do you change your dose based on how you are feeling immediately beforehand? Do you attempt to ready yourself for the experience or to get a dosage idea, eg with meditation? I haven't done this but I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me, to see if I get a "not today", or "instead of doing 25mg, do 20mg. Or 30"... Or am I overthinking this?

AcidShard
#6 Posted : 4/18/2017 1:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you are overthinking it a bit, but you should know your own minimum dose for breakthrough.
If everything feels right after the first hit, and you feel ready, then go for it.
Just be sure you're not upping your dose before getting your technique and smoking device dialed in.

Sometimes it's just not the right time for a deep journey, and that's OK, just listen to your self.

AcidShard

Asher7
#7 Posted : 4/18/2017 4:32:07 PM

Professional Tracker

@ E-Gnosis.

Do think body weight plays a role here? I understand with alcohol for instance it has to pass though a good number of gates I guess you could say so the bigger brothers and sisters might need a few extra brewski's in order to get "saturated". With this thing though it goes straight to the cockpit. Do you think the bigger body bigger dosage ratio plays a role here? (For vape strictly)

Complexity
#8 Posted : 4/18/2017 6:51:36 PM

Being & Becoming

Asher7 wrote:
@ E-Gnosis.

Do think body weight plays a role here? I understand with alcohol for instance it has to pass though a good number of gates I guess you could say so the bigger brothers and sisters might need a few extra brewski's in order to get "saturated". With this thing though it goes straight to the cockpit. Do you think the bigger body bigger dosage ratio plays a role here? (For vape strictly)

Personally I think it does matter a lot less, if at all. But that's just my intuition, nothing objective.

I mean, fatter people don't necessarily have fatter brains Big grin
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

InAwe
#9 Posted : 4/19/2017 11:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
The best method for finding your appropriate dose is to first research the published dose range for the compound, then starting at the low end, slowly increase your dose until you have found the dose which is most suited to your personal needs.

Be sure you are starting at at least the threshold dose, and every attempt after add slightly more, eventually you will find the proper dose.

Most doses are calculated with a milligrams to kilograms ratio, so those with higher body weight may be able to start at a slightly higher dose, but should still start low and work their way up.

-eg

My sentiments exactly.

Your ingestion method will also make a big difference. If you're using an inefficient method, you will need much more to get the same effects of a more effective method. The GVG and the machine are examples of effective methods. Some people also report a lot of success with changa.

Good luck!
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

Northerner
#10 Posted : 4/19/2017 11:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as DMT goes I prefer changa. I dose it by sticking a chunk in a bong and smoalking it. If I want a stronger experience I stick a bigger chunk, if I want a milder experience I stick a smaller chunk. It's never disappointing, even if it is a little more or less than I was shooting at.

I wouldn't be so blasé with freebase though.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

twattlehead
#11 Posted : 4/20/2017 7:28:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

AcidShard wrote:
I think you are overthinking it a bit, but you should know your own minimum dose for breakthrough.
If everything feels right after the first hit, and you feel ready, then go for it.
Just be sure you're not upping your dose before getting your technique and smoking device dialed in.

Sometimes it's just not the right time for a deep journey, and that's OK, just listen to your self.

AcidShard

I am, or was overthinking it seems. I think mainly because of my unintended 75mg dose a few weeks ago. If nothing else that taught me some caution and humility. Since then I've had 4 sub breakthrough dmt experiences, starting low and increasing the dose each time as eg and others suggested. Last week was 10mg and last night, 15mg and a rewarding experience with a couple of minutes of mild dmt imagery but no oobe. Beforehand, I attempted to meditate and ask, "am I ready to do 15mg of dmt right now?". A shockingly quick "yes" was the response. The plan for next week is to do 20mg.

Despite the 75mg accident, of which I only regret the fear part, my very first dmt experience of ~25mg was near on as perfect as I could have hoped for. Looking back though, it seems like the equivalent of stepping off a pier without checking if there was any water, let alone seeing if it was shark infested. So no regrets but I'll continue with the cautious approach in future.

twattlehead
#12 Posted : 4/21/2017 8:42:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Northerner wrote:
As far as DMT goes I prefer changa.

Hi Northerner, re your overcoming the fear thread, I describe what seemed to be a fear or trauma healing experience using acid and ketamine in my quagmire of an intro essay https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=74966. It might have been a one off, or something that only helped me accidentally, but maybe not. Dmt and ket seem to have a synergy ime

Naut
#13 Posted : 4/24/2017 12:23:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

twattlehead wrote:
Hi and thanks for the replies. Another dose related question: do you change your dose based on how you are feeling immediately beforehand? Do you attempt to ready yourself for the experience or to get a dosage idea, eg with meditation? I haven't done this but I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me, to see if I get a "not today", or "instead of doing 25mg, do 20mg. Or 30"... Or am I overthinking this?

I've never felt the need to implement an audit beforehand. This is per person though and perhaps you may find some value through it just as you mentioned that you had a stark "yes" moment. I would say only make it a ritual of sorts if it really jives with you, otherwise keep it at a level of experimental practice, as opposed to a rigid regimen.
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

WisdomTooth
#14 Posted : 4/27/2017 8:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Start small and work your way up Smile
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.