We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
My First Bridgesii Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 4/16/2017 8:28:43 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

One month ago, my GF bought me two 12 inch Bridgesii cuttings for my birthday. I planted them in eight inch pots with a 1:1 mix of perlite and cactus potting soil. Today, I checked them for roots and much to my delight, they have both started to take root in their new homes! Once they get established, I hope to move them outside for the summer!

Love
TGO attached the following image(s):
DSCF0366.JPG (4,095kb) downloaded 408 time(s).
DSCF0370.JPG (4,186kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
DSCF0383.JPG (3,980kb) downloaded 404 time(s).
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 4/16/2017 9:35:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am in looove with the bridgesii. Even 6 inches of ye thickness is good good medicine power.
I mean you hear all these differing reports on mescaline content and how much mesc you need to feel it well...
but bridgesii has been class act in my experience, as a spirit ally, and raw somatic effects. Feels smooth in a way only plants manage
and it's potent!

I even got a package of seeds from misplant... going to be a good season Smile

It's true what they say about cacti collecting being uh, self-reinforcing Twisted Evil
Take care Grateful One
kerelsk attached the following image(s):
20170401_063506_LLS (1).jpg (1,342kb) downloaded 395 time(s).

Yumi
#3 Posted : 4/17/2017 12:14:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hard to believe that was a month ago already TGO. Here's some of my creatures I Started from seed. (And to the bottom right is my catha edulis) Cool
Yumi attached the following image(s):
IMG_0086.JPG (821kb) downloaded 381 time(s).
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

Northerner
#4 Posted : 4/17/2017 1:15:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking nice Yumi. Pleased

Very jealous of the catha edulis too. Love
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Asher7
#5 Posted : 4/17/2017 6:59:51 AM

Professional Tracker

Awwww, I remember my first bridge. Love

Check this out though, I learned something. This past winter, when they went to sleep I lined them all up against the wall. I didnt notice it until now but they could "sense" the wall and a few of them (especially the one in the corner) threw out roots. I guess they thought they had fallen over. Whoops.

So they now have fat roots coming out the side of them, which is no big deal but counter productive in the quest for scar free beautiful flawless big bridges.

I'm half tempted to lay a few on their sides and see what my pup return is. It's amazing man, they sensed a wall that they werent even touching. I've had people tell me plants cant feel because they dont have a nervous system, I'm not sure I buy into that theory.

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 4/17/2017 12:40:54 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Few of my Bridge (not the other pacha & peru) did the same thing and no wall was involved. The roots are on the side with less light (north in this case), especially if they are leaning to this side.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

AcidShard
#7 Posted : 4/17/2017 1:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right on Grateful One!

Happy belated birthday!
What a great gift, she definitely sounds like a keeper!

I wish I could grow cacti, it's just too cold and I can't afford growing equipment.
Sounds like they're off to a good start, best of luck.

AcidShard

Gone-and-Back
#8 Posted : 4/17/2017 6:23:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Some nice looking cuts you have There!

Bridgesii is the only cactus I have grown so far. I started with a single cutting, and after two full growing seasons I have two pots now, one with the original cutting that has sprouted a total of 4 arms so far, two each year, and then the second pot has a cutting that was taken from the original cutting in the first pot. This will be the first full growing cycle for that seperate cutting, so hopefully we will see the same results with pup production.

I just stuck mine back outside and gave them their first watering of the year. Hopefully they are nice and happy out there in the sun!
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

TGO
#9 Posted : 4/17/2017 11:04:32 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thanks for all the well wishes so far everybody!

Kerelsk and Yumi: Your cacti look lovely, thank you for sharing!

I plan to update this thread with time, sort of as a grow log. As the years pass and I take cuttings, it will be interesting to see how big my cacti collection gets!

After my last experience with Bridgesii, I knew it was time to try my hand at cacti cultivation. Building relationships with our plant allies is important and rewarding. So far, I've only grown mushrooms and (now) cacti but I hope to expand my garden someday!

Smile

Asher7
#10 Posted : 4/18/2017 5:29:40 PM

Professional Tracker

It takes on a new level when you get to know the personalities of each one and start to get an idea of who to talk to based off their own individualism, and spirit.

What sorts of fertilizers is everyone getting their best results from?

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 4/18/2017 5:43:44 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Finally! Razz

Some fine specimins you got there TGO. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

smoothmonkey
#12 Posted : 4/21/2017 4:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful bridgessii's TGO! Congratulations on the new addition to the family Smile The cacti have become my favorite plant to grow and know. Give them lots of love and light!
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Chaska
#13 Posted : 4/25/2017 5:17:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i would consider those two logs fully processed to be a single entheogenic dose

tea w cell lysing of course

they're also great plants to grow Smile

<3

p.s. SHES A KEEPER BRO
grow plants, make tea, love life

TGO
#14 Posted : 4/26/2017 8:48:08 PM

Welcoming committee

Hey, thanks guys!

I checked the littler one's roots again, and they are starting to take off now (they were much smaller than the big one's roots when I checked the first time), so that is exciting. Nothing else to report except that they have received their first watering a few days ago.

Asher7 wrote:
What sorts of fertilizers is everyone getting their best results from?

So far, I've only used a 1:1 ratio of Miracle grow cactus potting soil and perlite, with no additional fertilizers besides whatever might be in the potting mix. The cacti seem to love it so far! Of course, I'm new to all this, but I plan to leave them as is and see how they do this summer!

TGO
#15 Posted : 6/6/2017 4:18:40 PM

Welcoming committee

UPDATE:

They have now made it outside and seem to be loving the sun. Imagine that, right? Very happy

It was an uphill battle trying to get these outside though, because of the rain. Every time I put them outside, the forecast would change it seemed. But it looks like a stretch of sunny days are on the way now, so I won't have to keep running them in and out of the house. The spot on the deck gets a good amount of full sun and shade throughout the day and as you can see, there is some new growth showing on the tops.

The rocks are large natural river pebbles, the giant one being an exception. I don't remember where I found the big one... I put them in the pots mainly for aesthetics but also to help prevent wobbling when moving the pots around.

DSCF0399.JPG (4,215kb) downloaded 178 time(s).

Wolfnippletip
#16 Posted : 6/6/2017 11:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can empathize TGO. I've spent a lot of energy the last two Seasons moving plants in and out of doors, and these days I have about 40 pots to move. Oh, the things we do for love. Very happy Now if I can just get the rainshade/greenhouse finished.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

TGO
#17 Posted : 7/10/2017 10:07:15 PM

Welcoming committee

Today, I welcomed a new addition to the bridge family! Since it is my first growing season, I don't want to take any cuttings from my already rooted cacti. For that reason, I got a nice and fat middle cutting this time. I am also curious to see what happens with a middle cut when it comes to sprouting new pups.

I hope I didn't plant it upside down. I located the V notches and made sure the point was facing down, towards the dirt. Here are a couple pics:

Love Love
DSCF0480.JPG (3,684kb) downloaded 127 time(s).
DSCF0482.JPG (3,149kb) downloaded 128 time(s).

MasonJarBong
#18 Posted : 7/11/2017 12:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like how you gave him a view of his bigger, established siblings, TGO Laughing

Here's to your continued successes!

Nothing is no thing at all.

TGO
#19 Posted : 7/11/2017 1:09:12 PM

Welcoming committee

MasonJarBong wrote:
I like how you gave him a view of his bigger, established siblings, TGO Laughing

Here's to your continued successes!

Big grin I figured I would give the new guy some inspiration to gaze at! My GF and I have been packing up and moving over the past month and while cleaning out one of the closets, I found a garden gnome! So he is out there too now, watching over them, hopefully scaring off any overly curious squirrels!

Thank you for the kind words!

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 7/11/2017 2:35:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I hope I didn't plant it upside down.

The 'tide lines' from growing also point downwards so, I can assure you, it's the right way up!

These things can take a fair amount of rain - so you don't have to worry about dragging them under cover for each and every shower.

Will you be looking into getting any monstrose specimens? They are a very rewarding form of bridgesii Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

123NEXT