We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Does ayahuasca really make one more sensitive to psychedelics or am I getting more potent gear? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 4/16/2017 1:11:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard reports of people being more sensitive to psychedelics after a single ayahuasca experience, but I myself had plenty more.

The thing is, I noticed another layer of psychodelia that covers my acid trips. Even though it still feels kinda like acid, the experience is distinctively different (I have visuals that are almost identical to those of DMT/ayahuasca and a different but similar headspace). I expected that to happen though, but I'm not really sure if I'm getting better gear or did I become super sensitive to psychedelics.

The acid I take is usually rated at 100ug, but it feels more like 200ug. I get full blown psychedelia, visuals that cover my whole view and the world looks like a giant melted painting. Some would call this "cartoon land" since the trees look symmetrical and like they have been painted with a paint brush which they obviously haven't. It is impossible they look all the same from the distance.

The duration is also a bit longer, I can say I'm feeling it for up to 12h after ingestion, and another 4 of closed eye visuals and after effects, but pass 12h I can usually fall asleep.

I remember my first acid trip that was rated at 115ug. My source told me it was 115ug but it felt stronger than that. Compared to what I'm experiencing now, this was a walk in the park. On my first acid trip, I had that "on acid" feeling but nothing visually to spectacular besides some color enhancements, a bit of tracers and slight morphing that I would notice if I only sat down and concentrated. It left me wanting for more, so my next trips were at 200ug and more, which felt more like it.

For more than a year I perceived 100ug to be as "half tripping". Good for beginners, but not quite there until I started experimenting with ayahuasca from which point it was never the same again. My source also changed since than, and I find it hard to believe I got that sensitive. I'm not really sure what is happening, but it seems to work out pretty good for me.

Is there something specific that happens to the brain after an ayahuasca session or am I one of the lucky individuals that get more potent gear than rated? Worth to note, a friend of mine who drank the same ayahuasca as I did noticed that too, but than again we share our psychedelics and trip together often too.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 4/16/2017 6:34:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that the extended DMT trip that Ayahuasca allows has a fair possibility of doing something to the brain that could be considered rewiring or altering code. Many psychedelics have this quality, but not as pronounced as Ayahuasca. These things often stop addictions and that alone exposes their potential to change our brains. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Ayahuasca has huge potential to invoke personal change.

For myself, the big change was completely quitting alcohol and tobacco but I have noticed qualitative differences in my trips as well. I seem to be perceiving more of a pulsating or vibrating quality. I chalk it up to being more receptive to it. My Ayahuasca and pharmahuasca trips have a heavy pulsating effect to them and this might have made me more perceptive to it on other substances.

I see Ayahuasca and pharmahuasca as heavy machinery of the psychedelic tool chest and this is why I see it as dangerous to view them as a panacea. I think the psychedelics community as a whole does a pretty good job of seeing them as "serious business", but a truly horrendous job in vetting out unsubstantiated or circumstantial claims about Ayahuasca's efficacy in treating everything and anything imaginable.

People in the Amazon may have been using this stuff for thousands of years, but we are just on the cusp of understanding how it works or what it does exactly.

Northerner
#3 Posted : 4/16/2017 6:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't comment on the aya as I've never done it. But I have been doing acid for a very long time and I can assure you 100ugs is an immersive experience. It is by no means "half tripping". For a long time (maybe 10 dark years) most of the blotter that was around was about 50-60ugs, it was fairly disappointing generally. About this time last year everything changed and the market started to flood with high quality acid. The word on the grapevine is that a new synthesis route has been discovered and some precursors that were closely monitored are no longer required.

So now if you're getting 100's and they work, well that's what's supposed to happen. Big grin
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfTheVoid46
#4 Posted : 4/16/2017 2:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ever since DMT and Ayahuasca I find other psychedelics have taken on it's personality and increased in strength.

Shrooms especially (maybe due to also being tryptamines). Before they were goofy-like and nothing near as deep as Ayahuasca but now it's honestly hard to define a big difference. There is one but, not like before.

One time I broke through off of 2 grams of average cubensis. No, I'm not lying. They may have been exceptionally strong but even other doses since then take me much further than before though, not that extreme.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 4/16/2017 4:37:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always been incredibly sensitive to psychedelics. They always seem to affect me more than anyone else which I have known. I don't think anybody I know is as sensitive to DMT as I am.

I don't think one psychedelic experence alters the experience of another, I think it was myself that was altered, thus my perception of psychedelics which I was familiar with and had previously encountered would seem different after I had been changed through my experience with other psychedelic compounds.

...despite being incredibly sensitive to psychedelics, I have noticed that I tend to dose higher than most...I mean honestly, a fraction of what I take would be mind-blowing, yet I always tend to push into the deep water. It's not easy to explain.

-eg

Asher7
#6 Posted : 4/16/2017 10:25:41 PM

Professional Tracker

I think we're in the same boat then. Even with cannabis, I always got a profound "glimpse" into knowledge or perspective that kind of escapes me in my day to day sober mind even though my sober mind is always seeing things as some sort of miracle, like I shouldn't be here but I am. Whereas most people would smoke a blunt and, whatever, I'd just take a few hits and then want to be by myself to look around and ponder things.

Same with psyches, except most people I know don't like them and talk at you in some side mouth insulting manner if you bring it up like I'm the insane one while they're going to the liquor store daily and putting pizzas in the oven only to pass out and borderline catch the house on fire. Also I tend to dose higher, like you say, in order to fully submit and have "it" take over. In all honesty I believe that's the only freedom I know. That's where I "belong".

I've yet to try aya, but I agree with what was said in how some of these things unlock a section of your mind that you can see later even though the chemical has long since left your immediate blood stream. Especially the plants, the plants stick with me in a night and day difference moreso than the rc's etc. I read this once comparison, but I can't think where in order to give credit but it was something to the effect of mushrooms are like being hugged by your mother, and acid is like being hugged by a robot. There's is a difference.

The plants have a very real spirit that the synthetics lack, in my experience. I think I read it here, a quote, mdma is infatuation, mescaline is love. I completely get that.

Back on topic though, I think they unlock you and that unlocked perception can be triggered especially when you enter into another unlocking mindframe. It comes back like a triggered memory, it's not as pronounced as when the actual memory was made, but it's forever there for the triggering.

RAM
#7 Posted : 4/20/2017 3:58:24 PM

Hail the keys!

What could also be going on is that maybe you feel less anxious/paranoid about tripping because of your increased amount of experience, and this lack of paranoia allows you to dive even deeper into experiences.

For me at least, my first few trips were not as powerful because of how distracted I was. "Wow, it feels like my arm is melting off! Trees and dirt are so beautiful!" By now I moved past such fascinations in favor of deeper exploration of my mind, which generally feels more powerful.

I also tend to think that psychedelics make people more sensitive to external and internal stimuli (versus something like alcohol which is desensitizing), so maybe an increased level of sensitivity makes trips more powerful as well.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Asher7
#8 Posted : 4/20/2017 6:01:21 PM

Professional Tracker

Yeah, with the alcohol I've found it can open you up. It has it's place, but it really is like dancing with the devil. It's a tunnel vision sort of thing, it's a "seasoning".

You put a pinch of salt on a steak. You don't put a pinch of steak on a pile of salt and eat it. The steak being you, and the salt being alcohol in this scenario.

These plants and fungi, they take me back to where I belong. They remind me of the place I came from. Pure treasure. 100% religious reasons, like looking through an old long forgotten photo album you found in an old attic somewhere.

Could it really be that this is actually happening, and I've found myself directly in the middle of it?

So profound, words just don't cut the mustard anymore at this point. Amazing to think, I would be included in this..

jma182
#9 Posted : 4/21/2017 12:14:39 AM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

AwesomeUsername wrote:
I've heard reports of people being more sensitive to psychedelics after a single ayahuasca experience, but I myself had plenty more.

The thing is, I noticed another layer of psychodelia that covers my acid trips. Even though it still feels kinda like acid, the experience is distinctively different (I have visuals that are almost identical to those of DMT/ayahuasca and a different but similar headspace). I expected that to happen though, but I'm not really sure if I'm getting better gear or did I become super sensitive to psychedelics.

I dont know about ayahuasca cause i've never done it, but before vaping DMT acid was reaally good but with very basic visuals for me, after DMT and specially after I vaped DMT on the peak of 1 fujisan (220 ug) acid seemed to have permanently gained OEV and CEV with a depth of complexity approximating the visual fields of DMT, particularly those of the jester i saw, but it still retains some effects i only see with acid, like parts of the visual fields turning into particles and then forming into something else with CEV's.

These days I usually do 2 fujisan (440ug) for healing and self discovery the visuals are really intense and DMT influenced, its on a whole other level, for instance before i did DMT i tried 4 fujisan for my birthday, well suffice to say that was the first time i had visuals, prior to that acid was close to no visuals for me, a few neon colored patterns and that was it very basic in desing. what i can achieve now with just 220 is far much superior than those 4 fujisan, i was far too inexperienced with it to really take advantage of such doses.

nowdays i cant even fathom the thought of experiencing 4 tabs again, 2 have taken me sooo much deeper than those 4 ever did to a point where i've felt completely out of my body. wich is why i've picked up meditation and yoga to strengthen the body and the mind, last weekend it was far too difficult to keep my eyes closed, cause it waas reeeeally intense to witness the visuals, not scary or anything of the sort it was just too much information to handle in the come up hahaha.
“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 4/21/2017 3:40:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think its important to remember that with LSD tabs there is always a marketing element to it which typically exaggerates the mcg per blotter- for the majority of us who are relatively downstream it is a figure we have little way of verifying.

My own impression which may be a little dated is that the tabs purported to be 100mcg were usually closer to 50-60mcg. When 1p LSD blotters came out at an alleged 100mcg strength the effect of one would have to equate to close on 200mcg of the old measure- not half-tripping by any means. I once had a proper 250mcg dose of LSD and that was too heavy an experience (for me) to do unsupervised. Of course, some peoples heads are 'harder' than others.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jma182
#11 Posted : 4/21/2017 4:10:32 AM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

corpus callosum wrote:
I think its important to remember that with LSD tabs there is always a marketing element to it which typically exaggerates the mcg per blotter- for the majority of us who are relatively downstream it is a figure we have little way of verifying.

My own impression which may be a little dated is that the tabs purported to be 100mcg were usually closer to 50-60mcg. When 1p LSD blotters came out at an alleged 100mcg strength the effect of one would have to equate to close on 200mcg of the old measure- not half-tripping by any means. I once had a proper 250mcg dose of LSD and that was too heavy an experience (for me) to do unsupervised. Of course, some peoples heads are 'harder' than others.

yeah thats true i got no definitive way to tell they're 220ug a pop but my friends who've used lsd for years say that right now the stuff i got is fire and as clean as they've had in years, so even if its less ug's per tab it's good stuff. i've tried the 100ug tabs and 2 tabs of nbmomes on separate occations and well and the difference is day and night really so at least the ones im dropping are really goooood. cant wait to get my hands on some liquid acid Big grin Big grin
“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

WisdomTooth
#12 Posted : 4/23/2017 2:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once the minds open it can no longer be closed.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

Sandgrease
#13 Posted : 5/25/2017 6:33:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After 11 years of trippimg, I have no tolerance to any drugs. Cannabis is very psychedelic for me now and psychedelics, specifically Psilocybin are very powerful. I get 3d close eye visuals and mild 2d open eye visuals off of 1.5 grams of Cubes....

ElevatorAlley
#14 Posted : 6/19/2017 3:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A few months ago, I had a strong salvia trip that broke my dependence on my daily (5-10+ times daily) cannabis habit. I had as high a tolerance as it's probably reasonably possible to have -- I smoked only dabs of the highest purity hash oil, and would do 2 or 3 at a time just for a mild maintenance buzz. I'd wanted to quit for a long time but could never seem to make it happen. Salvia made it happen, effortlessly. (I also, almost without noticing, stopped chugging sugary energy drinks, and radically reduced the severity of my trichotillomania.)

Over the months that followed, I smoked only rarely, usually once on the weekend, to see how it would affect me, and usually did not enjoy it.

During that time I started vaping DMT. One day I foolishly took a hash oil dab in the morning and headed out to the subway. The hash oil hit HARD, and I nearly felt like I was tripping. In fact, I nearly fainted on the subway. It was really bad news, and I mainly attributed it to my reduced tolerance. Although the weed buzz was trippy, it wasn't anything qualitatively different from other times that I had gotten way too high in the past. On another occasion, a couple puffs from a joint (which in the past would not have affected me at all), enabled me to access some memories and feelings of my DMT trips.

Yesterday was a different story. After an 18-mile marathon training run, I opted to take a dab. It was a larger dab than I should have dared to smoke with my nonexistent tolerance, which was my first mistake. I started to draw a hot bath to recover and relax from the run.

All of a sudden, I was tripping, in a very strange way. There was no mistaking this for simply being "too high," which I've experienced many times. I was tripping, hard, and not in an enjoyable way. It wasn't exactly like any other psychedelic experience I've had, but it had shades of LSD- and DMT-inspired elements, at least in feel.

The strangest part of it was that it seemed to make me consciously aware of the cognitive processes prior to my internal monologue. I could see, or feel, the concepts that my conscious mind would pick from in order to generate my thoughts. If you've seen Westworld, it was like the scene where the techs show the Madame the speech-generating program she was running in real-time, and she glitches out. Words flashed through my awareness in a rhythmic fashion, and whenever I thought something in my internal monologue, the words in that monologue flashed through my mind just before I thought them.

It was very unsettling and, while interesting, not at all enjoyable. Reflecting my state of mind at the time, the stream of consciousness contained a lot of concepts along the line of "Didn't want this to happen ... My brain is broken ... I've disappointed my family ..." etc. I tried to relax, clear my mind, start a different internal monologue, but nothing could alter the barrage of subconscious anxiety.

Later, when I was trying to sleep off the high, during groggy wakeful moments, the room around me was transformed into the bright, glowing, coloring-book style characteristic of DMT. I'd never experienced anything like that from cannabis or being half-asleep before.

So, be careful and tread lightly. For me, once the DMT portal was opened, it does not seem to close so easily. There seems to be some kind of lasting rewiring going on. In my experience, successive DMT trips seem to make future DMT trips more understandable, and I'm discovering that my reaction to other drugs can be drastically altered as well.

BBBlack
#15 Posted : 6/19/2017 12:39:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Drool

Mister_Niles
#16 Posted : 6/19/2017 1:42:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me working with vine extract on a daily basis seemed to make me more sensitive to everything. I experienced what I considered to be reverse tolerance to DMT, requiring only 10mg in a GVG for breakthrough. 15mg was earth shattering.
Now, more than a year later, 3 grams of cubensis seems like 5. 1 hit of acid seems like 2, etc. DMT tolerance is back up though. Maybe that's technique. I don't know.

I microdose mushrooms and 150mg is pushing it.

I think once you have been primed and know the territory a little bit, or at least have a vague idea of what to expect, it's easier to get where you want to go.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Legarto Rey
#17 Posted : 6/20/2017 8:36:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ElevatorAlley,
Say a bit more about your SD liberation.
As an advocate of Ska Maria, typically low dose experiences strip me of my urges to partake of ethanol. Higher doses give me a "visceral" meat puppet punch that demand I recognize the fragile flesh bound experience that we generally take as, "consensus reality"!!

Peace

ElevatorAlley
#18 Posted : 6/21/2017 6:04:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd be happy to. Since the full experience and background is a bit lengthy to detail, I made this post in the Salvia forum.

Infectedstyle
#19 Posted : 6/23/2017 2:27:55 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Wow you just described what happens to me every time i take weed. And what prevents me from ever using it. I hate even being around weed. But its about similar to how trips start. Insecure existential emotion and a relief and peace accompanied by brighter reality. There's a kind of visual accuity that I can't quite grasp my finger on it's very feint. Usually after 15 mins of sport it presents itself. I actually had a moment where everything started to shine and blocked it by closing myself in mentally and hiding as I feared the openness. There's a time and a place

Nature Boy
#20 Posted : 6/25/2017 12:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As one other has said...Salvia did that to me. Now one or two hits of even the poorest quality brick weed and I'm darned near tripping...and not in an enjoyable way. Experimenting with edibles now - very cautiously I might add.

12NEXT