We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How about Smoking DMT right after Yoga? Options

Acharya
#1 Posted : 4/14/2017 5:20:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've yet to smoke DMT, "yet" meaning I'm in the process of extraction, in no hurry whatsoever (thanks to the knowledge gathered from this wonderful forum, I've decided to be patient), and awaiting the moment when my body, mind and soul are all in order for me take the plunge. I practice yoga and although I'm far from being a harmonious person, there is a prolonged moment of harmonious clarity right after I complete ~ an hour long routine of Ashtanga Vinyasa.

The feeling I get is that of oneness; an empty mind, a clear high, complete calmness in both body and mind, complete elimination of all fear or anxiety, elevated intelligence and spontaneity. You feel like NOTHING could ever disturb that state you're in.
You just feel like a soft white cloud in a beautiful blue sky.

Considering set and setting as being crucial when smoking DMT, wouldn't smoking it right at the end of a 45 - 60 minute Yoga session be a great idea?

I feel like patting myself on the back for thinking about this last evening after yoga. That state of mind feels absolutely right for exploration!

I know Terence Mckenna was doing a lot of yoga and combining it with DMT use back in Hawaii.
That may be the reason he managed to gather so much knowledge from his experiences and impart it to people.

Does anybody here have experience with DMT together with Yoga? His or her input would be greatly appreciated. Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 4/14/2017 10:18:29 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yes

it's great during as well, obviously

tip: add oral harmalas and maybe music

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Invoker
#3 Posted : 4/14/2017 11:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like a great idea if you feel that way after yoga.

Most importaintly from my experience - be well rested. Don't go for a trip when you feel tired. So as long as yoga practice makes you feel rested rather than tired I think that would be great set to do it. It's good to be in this part of the day or after a nap where you're already fully woke up but haven't tire yourself out with doing much things.

I would also consider to do this when you have "not much to do" in your life in general, meaning you don't have deadlines of projects upon your hear etc., because insights you might get may call for a lot of attention, so it's good to have time off to focus on that rather than go to work day after. The more free time you have the better for your DMT integration process I think. It's not something to do "between work and school" if you know what I mean. Smile It might be a really deep journey if you "break through" that will not end the moment the substance "goes off". For me it lasted weeks of very strange dreams, visions etc. First week after I hardly got any "sleep", my "vibration" was so strong my whole nights were lucid and intense.

That's my opinion at least Smile Good luck mate! Smile

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 4/14/2017 11:22:15 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

When you perform Asana on psychedelics it just seems to click "Oh so that's how that posture works!" DMT is especially useful in this regard as it channels huge amounts of energy through the body and allows one to become extremely aware of the power of subtle shifts/movements (you'll often see people spontaneously put their hands in various mudras within the tryptamine trance unconsciously directing this energetic influx.)

After yoga is great as well and one can go really really deep into the state of Pratyahara, but imo taking a solid rip of changa then running through a Vinyasa is really the most powerful and productive method of combining these two pursuits.

I look forward to hearing how your practice unfolds with this prodigious combination. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca