We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
There IS a political party that vows to end prohibition! Options

ohayoco
#1 Posted : 6/19/2009 12:38:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am amazed. There is actually a political party with a conscience. And they are growing in influence. Vote Green!

http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/sites/drugs.html

There's no such thing as a wasted vote.
Supporting the party whose policies you really believe in, rather than sinking to 'tactical voting', sends out a message to the powers that be.
Vote Green to end the War on Drugs! Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

40oztofreedom
#2 Posted : 6/20/2009 2:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drugs... illegal... or even legal...

I still do them anyways.Wink

Its nice to see something like this happen. I'd like to see prohibition go in my lifetime, (although I doubt it will) but regardless of what happens, I'd just like to see our educations systems (and drug programs alike) educate children and students better than they do today.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 6/20/2009 2:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They've been saying this for over 20 years and nothing has changed. They were already part of the gouvernment where I live and they tolerated every impossible shit-law and did NOTHING!!! to end prohibition.

Don't fool yourself.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 6/20/2009 3:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
but Greens IMHO are good alternative to the political mainstream.

They ARE the political mainstream where I live and they've done nothing good at all.

ohayoco
#5 Posted : 6/20/2009 9:23:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
They've been saying this for over 20 years and nothing has changed. They were already part of the gouvernment where I live and they tolerated every impossible shit-law and did NOTHING!!! to end prohibition.

Don't fool yourself.

Maybe in your country ending prohibition isn't part of their manifesto? You know I'm pretty sure they're not a worldwide party, so each country's greens are independent of others. Or maybe they face too much opposition to be able to instigate the end of prohibition yet? Can I ask what country you're talking about, and can you elaborate please?

Ending prohibition is hardly a vote winner- it alienates much of the population who still believe drugs should be illegal. I doubt they'd ever argue the case unless they were doing so because it is the ethical choice. At least they acknowledge it is the ethical course of action, unlike the other parties who would continue the War on Drugs.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

blue_velvet
#6 Posted : 7/19/2009 4:27:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the U.S. we have the Libertarian Party. They are dedicated to ending prohibition as well as instituting other sensible policies.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 7/19/2009 3:23:51 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
but Greens IMHO are good alternative to the political mainstream.

They ARE the political mainstream where I live and they've done nothing good at all.

in the states, they're far from the political mainstream. they're a branch of the Independent party.

they're not a mainstream party at all, since they are not as backed by corporate lobbyist funds as the traditional two-party system.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

DeadLizard
#8 Posted : 7/19/2009 5:23:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

40oztofreedom wrote:
I'd like to see prohibition go in my lifetime, (although I doubt it will)

Revoke consent to be governed and their silly little rules no longer apply. Simple as that.

¿ǝɹǝɥ uo ƃu‎i s‎i 773H ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

wake and bacon
#9 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:45:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, so... what happens when you get arrested and sent to jail anyway? What happens when you need an ambulance?

DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

polytrip
#10 Posted : 7/21/2009 6:06:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Drug laws have pushed drug-trade into the hands of criminals. Therefore drug's are associated with crime and therefore, no mainstream politician in the near future will end prohinition, since this will give you a 'soft-on-crime' image.

The only possible exceptions to this sad reality are the religious sacraments; peyote, ayahuasca, san-pedro, etc.

soulfood
#11 Posted : 7/22/2009 12:48:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

The law on this isn't too important. I always say live by your own morals, but be prepared to take responsibility in your own society if the shit hits the fan. But don't bend over completely.

DeadLizard
#12 Posted : 7/23/2009 4:46:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Firstly, I am not a lawyer and this in not legal advice ...
Secondly, Statutes, or Acts, are NOT laws.
wake and bacon wrote:
Yeah, so... what happens when you get arrested and sent to jail anyway? What happens when you need an ambulance?

Ambulance? call one. They can't exactly say no. But you will be liable for a bill.

Ever heard the saying "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"
There are only 3 ways to break the law, Harm someone, damage someone elses property or use fraud in your contracts.
When a Law is broken there is always an injured party and a claim. Always ask "who is making a claim against me ?"
If you get arrested and sent to jail for breaking the law then it serves you right.
But they cannot hold you on statutory charges if you have lawfully revoked consent to be governed.

I have it easy because all statute law in Australia is British and I am an Original. Try to use it aganst me on my land and that is an act of war.
"See those 2 men in the corner your honour, they are U.N human rights workers and if you attempt to use British law against me they will arrest you"

This could be a lot longer but it's not my duty to educate everyone. If your interested then exercise your own due diligence and reasearch any claims you find interesting.

I like the quote in your sig btw Very happy

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 7/24/2009 12:50:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DeadLizard wrote:
If you get arrested and sent to jail for breaking the law then it serves you right.
But they cannot hold you on statutory charges if you have lawfully revoked consent to be governed.
Why does it serve you right?
Hmm I don't know about Australia but in most countries the 'social contract' cannot be revoked, i.e. you can't declare yourself outside of the legal system.

And are you really an aboriginal Australian? Or just joking around?
If you really are I and I expect others who have never met someone from your culture would like to hear about your experiences...

DeadLizard
#14 Posted : 7/26/2009 3:57:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
DeadLizard wrote:
Why does it serve you right?
Hmm I don't know about Australia but in most countries the 'social contract' cannot be revoked, i.e. you can't declare yourself outside of the legal system.

If you really are I and I expect others who have never met someone from your culture would like to hear about your experiences...

Why does it serve you right? Because you caused harm and didn't provide remedy. All matters can be settled out of court. Adjudication is only required when there is controversy, and that is when you wind up in jail.

'social contract' cannot be revoked
No contract can be entered into in ignorance. If you later find out that equal consideration was not given, i.e you gave up your rights so they can give you permission to exercise them,(That doesn't seem like a contract I would knowingly sign.) you can notifiy them that the contract is invalid.
Most people get screwed by the system because they don't know (or care) how it works, for example in the motor vehicle act an Accident is defined as an "intentional collision".

I like to know how things work.

aboriginal is a term that means "Not original". I am from of the original people of this land but not of their culture. The Commonwealth of Australia's government did a great job of destroying the culture in a lot of areas. And I have only been interested in finding out about my heritage recently.

ohayoco
#15 Posted : 8/17/2009 9:06:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Deadlizard wrote:
Why does it serve you right? Because you caused harm and didn't provide remedy. All matters can be settled out of court. Adjudication is only required when there is controversy, and that is when you wind up in jail.

You're not causing harm by smoking DMT, but that's still illegal. If you get arrested for doing something illegal, it doesn't always mean you're in the wrong, and so you don't deserve it.

Deadlizard wrote:
'social contract' cannot be revokedNo contract can be entered into in ignorance. If you later find out that equal consideration was not given, i.e you gave up your rights so they can give you permission to exercise them,(That doesn't seem like a contract I would knowingly sign.) you can notifiy them that the contract is invalid.
Try telling that to the court. They don't allow people to opt out of being subject to the law, whatever your philosophical outlook.

Deadlizard wrote:
aboriginal is a term that means "Not original". I am from of the original people of this land but not of their culture. The Commonwealth of Australia's government did a great job of destroying the culture in a lot of areas. And I have only been interested in finding out about my heritage recently.
Ab doesn't mean not, it means from, as in 'from the beginning' or 'the first inhabitants', and it refers to people of any area who were the first humans to inhabit that area. The term was first used in 1540-1550 to describe a race of pre-Roman inhabitants of Italy. Of course I'll refer to native Australians by whatever word you like if you don't like that word Smile

DeadLizard
#16 Posted : 9/22/2009 9:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
You're not causing harm by smoking DMT, but that's still illegal. If you get arrested for doing something illegal, it doesn't always mean you're in the wrong, and so you don't deserve it.

illegal is NOT the same as unlawful. Statutes and Acts are not LAW, they are the legislated rules of a society given the force of law within that society.
(Why do you think members of other societies are excused from jury duty)

ohayoco wrote:
Try telling that to the court. They don't allow people to opt out of being subject to the law, whatever your philosophical outlook.

Indeed, you're not opting out of the LAW, no man could do that, youre telling them to take the rules of "their" society and shove them someplace ... else Razz

ohayoco wrote:
Ab doesn't mean not, it means from, as in 'from the beginning' or 'the first inhabitants', and it refers to people of any area who were the first humans to inhabit that area. The term was first used in 1540-1550 to describe a race of pre-Roman inhabitants of Italy.

I'll concede that point. thank you. (a word starting with a vowel and followed by a doubble consonant means "No" so I must have been thinking "abboriginal" Razz )