We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HCl to freebase conversion Options

kreen
#1 Posted : 4/8/2017 9:58:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been reading a lot about these steps. I think I'm just overthinking this since I already ruined some rue extraction when I played around with coffee filters and shirts and they kept on clogging because of the powdered rue seeds.

So now I've got Harmala HCl. Is 200 mg enough to try the conversion to freebase? To see if it will be successful

How much am I bound to lose on the filters and jars etc?

So let me scrutinize the steps:

Convert baking soda to sodium carbonate in oven at 205C for 1 hour
1) or is baking soda (sodium BIcarbonate) enough to use instead of sodium carbonate? So there would be no need to convert sodium bicarbonate to sodium carbonate

Prepare a solution of sodium carbonate and water
2) is tap water enough for all these steps
3) how much water to use in ml
4) how much sodium carbonate to dissolve in the water?

Dissolve the 200 mg harmala hcl in hot water
5) how much water to use here?
6) how hot water in C

Slowly add the prepared sodium carbonate + water solution to the harmala hcl+water solution?
7) how much of the solution to add...
Cool should the the hcl+water solution still be hot

Then separate the liquid from the freebase harmalas?
9) decant by just pouring the liquid off? Or suck as much as I can with a syringe?

Add 200 ml of water to the freebase and shake the container a while and then wait until the freebase has fallen again.
Then separate the liquid again?
10) is 200 ml too much?

Repeat that a few times?

11) Is filtering necessary? Should I use a coffee filter (I'm not good with coffee filters, they seem to clog so easily) and just put the rest of the freebase + liquid remainants into a coffee filter?

Or should I just skip the filtering and transfer the freebase and the rest of the water+remainants of sodium carbonate into a pyrex dish under a fan to dry?

I'm wondering if enough of sodium carbonate would have been got rid of by that washing step and no coffee filtering is required?

Then just scrape the pyrex dish and consider it done.

Wow lots of questions to ask from a few steps..Thank's a lot y'all Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 4/9/2017 4:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a suggestion; Try using the HCl salt as you would a freebase. I am yet to see anyone repeat my findings, but I have tested that the HCl salt of harmine vaporizes at around 120C. I later loaded 50mg of harmine HCl in an oil burner and got definite effects from inhaling the vapors.
I did consider the dangers of inhaling this vapor. The only risk I foresee is the inhalation of HCl vapors. This I don't see as particularly dangerous as the amount of HCl inhaled even on a very large dose would be dwarfed by the amount of HCl gas present in a good size belch. The other danger is of degrading the harmine molecule into something dangerous and as long as the temperature doesn't go too high this is not an issue.

I would really like to see someone else confirm or deny my findings with other than speculation or, "OMG... don't vape salts!"

kreen
#3 Posted : 4/9/2017 7:49:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
Just a suggestion; Try using the HCl salt as you would a freebase. I am yet to see anyone repeat my findings, but I have tested that the HCl salt of harmine vaporizes at around 120C. I later loaded 50mg of harmine HCl in an oil burner and got definite effects from inhaling the vapors.
I did consider the dangers of inhaling this vapor. The only risk I foresee is the inhalation of HCl vapors. This I don't see as particularly dangerous as the amount of HCl inhaled even on a very large dose would be dwarfed by the amount of HCl gas present in a good size belch. The other danger is of degrading the harmine molecule into something dangerous and as long as the temperature doesn't go too high this is not an issue.

I would really like to see someone else confirm or deny my findings with other than speculation or, "OMG... don't vape salts!"

I'm going to make changa, do you think I could use straight HCl salt in it?

I think it would be harder to get the HCl to melt in the leaf if using the Warm water bath TEK to infuse the leaf (if not using solvents I mean)

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 4/10/2017 3:37:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it is dissolved in water and the leaves are bone dry, they should absorb the harmine HCl just fine. But my success with vaporizing harmine seems to be isolated. You might test it on a small amount.

kreen
#5 Posted : 4/11/2017 8:34:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
If it is dissolved in water and the leaves are bone dry, they should absorb the harmine HCl just fine. But my success with vaporizing harmine seems to be isolated. You might test it on a small amount.

I think I'll just convert it Razz Thanks for the suggestion though