We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
2C-B chemistry inquiry Options

Mindlusion
#21 Posted : 4/10/2017 4:24:21 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

wolf8312 wrote:
I understand your frustration entheogenic-gnosis! I just wrote out a lengthy post on Ketonic decarboxylation (acetic acid/phenyl acetone carbanion question) strenuously attempting to keep it vague before realizing who am I kidding this is blatant synth talk and so reluctantly discarded my efforts and queries.

I only wish to enjoy and learn from a discussion with likeminded people who share an interest in O Chem and to be honest there’s only so much one can talk about with DMT extraction!

I know people will make the argument that forums are not democracies and free speech is not a right, but do people not worry that the ‘no synth talk’ rule will maybe drive knowledgeable peeps -who wish to discuss these topics- away from the nexus and only serve to diminish the potential for learning (chemistry) and thus lower the standards of knowledge on this site?

After all is to ban synthesis talk not also to ban the discussion of Organic Chemistry as a whole? For a website primarily concerned with consciousness expansion this seems rather limiting.

I don’t mean to offend any members or moderators by raising this issue as I do realize enforcing the rules is part and parcel of the job and I can accept there are very good reasons for not allowing synth talk especially when it comes to untrained dolts!

ABSOLUTELY NOT

I agree its a bit of a grey area, but this is absolutely not the case, I would love to talk more about organic chemistry, especially mechanisms, like the question you had about keto decarboxylation. Gets me high.

Remember, cooks don't care about mechanisms, they just want to shake and bake, more or less. So synthesis discussion in the context of organic chemistry mechanisms is totally unrelated, as it is no use to a cook or any old lad trying to recreate it, so bring on the questions.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#22 Posted : 4/11/2017 1:56:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I somewhat cringe when I see these threads from a few years ago, I have actually learned and grown a good deal since. My opinions and attitudes have changed greatly even since 2015 when this thread first began.

-eg

PREV12