We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freebase harnala + hydrochloric acid = harmalas hcl? Options

ymer
#1 Posted : 4/4/2017 9:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If i want to easily convert freebase to hcl without doing the manske, can I dissolve the freebase in hydrochloric acid and just evaporate to obtain harmines hcl?

The chemistry says it should, but i'd love to hear your opinions

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Sakkadelic
#2 Posted : 4/4/2017 9:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It should work but i never tried it or read about it so maybe there could be a problem i can't think of
Here are just some thoughts that came to my mind

The HCl is volatile so it's perfect leaving no residue
I think the harmalas will be hard to scrape
The only real problem i'm aware of is that unwanted substances and impurities will still be there if no manske was done before

Good luck Smile
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky