We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Code of Existence Options

hug46
#1 Posted : 3/31/2017 12:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If reality is a metaphorical computer, what do you transcend to when you take the drug or meditate? What is the enhanced reality? Surely if reality is computerised then enhanced reality would be aswell.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Limbol
#2 Posted : 3/31/2017 6:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wrote a topic about this previously, I could subscribe to this idea just out of lack of other plausible alternatives.

However, the simulation argument would dictate billions of simulations going on simultaneously. And on top of that, A simulation within a simulation would be possible (not that it change anything) but you soon would discover an endless existential dilemma. Where am I in all of this?

On top of that, you need an intelligence/civilization (god, aliens, future humans) who can produce such a device (I guess God could if he is omnipotent).

And perhaps equally important - if not more so. Intelligent life need to get to the development of such technology before any potential extinction take place (consider suns and planets have an expiration date). On top of that asteroids seems to be shooting across all directions.

Yumi
#3 Posted : 3/31/2017 6:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would assume it is that you are transcending the program you are currently apart of. obviously this is all just theory. And I have no idea what is beyond this all.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

RAM
#4 Posted : 3/31/2017 10:55:38 PM

Hail the keys!

It is very interesting to me how so many psychedelically-inclined folks become so interested in simulation theory. I theorize that it has to do with both a broad interest in philosophical matters and a feeling of breaking into unseen realms.

I myself am a big advocate of this theory and have more or less totally accepted that we are just in some kind of mass virtual reality/video game. However, I think there is very little we can do on a mass scale to break into whatever higher order is out there, and I do not think it would matter that much.

If living beings could create simulations of living beings who can eventually create their own simulations, then we would have an infinite rabbit hole of simulations creating other simulations. As Elon Musk pointed out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8 if this is the case it is extremely unlikely that we are in base reality. From this, I think it is equally unlikely that we are in the first simulation either. If there is an infinite rabbit hole of simulations, then we are most likely in the middle of the chain.

If this is the case, I do not think breaking into the higher up reality or creating another simulated world (like we are doing with VR and AI) really gets us any closer to "the real." Essentially, if we are the 8,700,392,938th level down, I do not think we will find anything particularly interesting in the 8,700,392,937th level.

Where does this leave us? I still think it is important to explore these levels to try to understand the origin of life, consciousness, and our universe, but I do not think that this search should necessarily envelop our existence. I think we can still be happy and pursue "the real" of our existence without pursuit of this knowledge, and I think that to a certain degree our happiness actually necessitates ignorance about it because of our point in history. While we live in a revolutionary time, it would be too depressing to learn that we might not fully understand the nature of the universe for another 1,000 years.

Here are my questions for you: why do you think that psychedelics and meditation allow us to transcend our current reality? By what mechanism of consciousness do you think this is possible? Why would such a mechanism exist and what could it tell us about a potential base reality?
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Yumi
#5 Posted : 4/1/2017 4:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RAM wrote:
why do you think that psychedelics and meditation allow us to transcend our current reality?

I'm walking on thin ice in terms of giving these claims, Because I don't have the proper knowledge to actually prove it, But i'm beginning to see more and more people actually share these same ideas, and that its being talked about quite openly. My first mescaline experience was what started showing me all this, It showed me that this reality specifically is some kind of immersive computer programmed simulation, and that psychedelics are like a tool to transcend this reality back to whence we originate. Now those are extraordinary claims and I quote Sagan “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." I personally have little evidence besides an eye opening mescaline trip to back any of that, But it really makes sense to me for some reason, It's not what I expected to find, but for some weird reason it really makes more sense to me then anything else. I honestly wouldn't know why psychedelics and meditation allow us to transcend reality, I'm assuming that everything needs to go home at some point, And this is just a tool for doing that.

RAM wrote:
By what mechanism of consciousness do you think this is possible?

I do not know.
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

Limbol
#6 Posted : 4/3/2017 12:29:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What is interesting - In my opinion. Is the dying process that been reported by Near Death Experience’s (NDE). I wrote about this in my post Four Ways to Die. Note of interest is the phases and how the deceased person get transported to a “different realm”.

This suggest another existence beyond this one – The “people” in the other realm seems to be aware of this world (earth) and seems to be aware of the NDE person’s arrival. However, the NDE who got there - went back to “earth” either by their own choice or by a deceased-relative/Light Being telling them they had to go back. They felt they had to go back because there was something that was not completed. What this “uncompleted thing is” is not defined by the NDE, the deceased relatives or the Light Being.

That this other realm exist been verified by thousands of people. Why we are here though – is still unknown.

The NDE who experience this “other realm” feel much more compelled to stay there rather than to go back to this one. They report that this world (earth) does not “feel real”. There are even several reports of people who find it hard to “get back to life” as they constantly get the sense of “fake or not real” world.

The above can be used to define this world as a simulation (of some sort).