We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Side by side comparison: Salting out with Fumaracid and Vinegar Options

Levanah
#1 Posted : 3/12/2017 9:36:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey traveler mates,

- i did two pulls on 250g MHRB with each 500ml d-limonene after basifing the mush for 7 days (Tek: q21q21 dry tek).

- both pulls were collected in a single jar for homogenisation and then divided into two jars

- Jar1: Salted very slowly with FASI until no more clouding occured
- Jar2: Salted with vinegar 3x pulls with 50ml vinegar

- Yield Jar1: 1,4g DMT-Fumarate (solid)
- Yield Jar2: 2,4g DMT-Acetate (brow wax like expected)

I altered the q21q21 tek a little bit:
- basified longer until first pull (7 days)
- put everyday much energy in mixing the bark-base-mush with an electric blender + added periodically some boiling water to the mix and let it dry and dry again for an optimal base reaction
- chopped the bark crumbles into very small pieces
- did the limo pulls in a hot water bath (first pull sitted 3 hours, second pull 12 hours)

I don't mind pulling some oils as the end product will stay as a salt and end up in a sublingual ticture anyway.

However I don't understand the much higher yield with the vinegar salting.

I understand the following things:

- DMT-Acetate is always gooey. That's normal.
- As I salted out with white vinegar instead of pure glacial acetic acid dissolved in water (what I will do in future!) the goo may contain small amounts of "vinegar impurities" (check out the goo factor)
- Also the fumarate yield might be a bit lower because I wasn't able to scrape up every tiny bit out of the jar. But it can only be 5%-7%.

So why is there such a big difference of one gram in the yield?

And: How many percent of the end product is plant oil? My intuition says to me that even the gooiest brown goo always contains more than 90% DMT. Am I right in this assumption? Is there any data / proof that there can be more oil than 10% in the end product?

And another thing happened (please see the picture):
- After washing Jar1 (left jar) 3x with hot tap water to remove IPA and excess fumar-acid it turned very cloudy in comparison to the more transparent "vinegar-jar" (Jar2 on the right)
- However after some days Jar1 became also more transparent by itself (I don't have pics on that) but the vinegar-jar is still much clearer. I don't really understand the science behind this and would appreciate some help in my understanding process.

My lesson is so far: As the end-product will end up in a tincture anyway I will work with pure glacial acetic acid (thanks to the nexus for this information!) in the future and don't waste my time anymore with FASI. (Of course I would work with FASI if my aim would be different...)

I'm highly interested in your thoughts on all of this. Especially the OIL-PERCENT question and the YIELD-DIFFERENCE question!

Thanks Nexus!

Levanah attached the following image(s):
2017-03-12 22.33.43.jpg (508kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
2017-03-12 22.34.05.jpg (384kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
2017-03-12 22.34.58.jpg (392kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
2017-03-12 22.35.08.jpg (346kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
2017-03-12 21.21.37.jpg (402kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
2017-03-12 21.22.03.jpg (404kb) downloaded 91 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Levanah
#2 Posted : 3/26/2017 5:27:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I can answer my questions myself:

- I did at third pull with sunflower oil and salted out with a 0,5% glacial acetic acid water solution
- Yield Third Sunfloweroil pull: 230mg DMT-Acetate

- Then I just did another salting process with glacial acetic acid in Limonene-Jar1 (which yielded 1,4g dmt-fumarate before) - And Voila Big grin 721mg more DMT-Acetate!!! The goodies were still in the limo!!! I must have been too afraid of adding excess fumar acid during FASI.

In freebase weight my overall yield is now 1,49% which answers also my "oil" question:

The dark jungel spice is mostly DMT Thumbs up

And another thing I want to share with you:

- I converted 1g white freebase DMT from my last petro-ether extraction in dmt-acetate and some of it even crystalized. (pictured attached)
Levanah attached the following image(s):
2017-03-26 18.23.06.jpg (380kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
2017-03-26 18.23.15.jpg (448kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
2017-03-26 18.23.25.jpg (561kb) downloaded 50 time(s).