We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So we begin... Options

Daft Monkey
#1 Posted : 3/21/2017 12:07:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's ironic that I've been part of all sorts of online communities and it's this one, with interests outside "the law" overflowing with mature discussion. Without keyboard warriors, flame wars and the like.

Was once given acid at a wedding of all places. Was too drunk to remember much. Only clue I had taken it was the hotel ceiling lapping against the wall like the sea the next day.

Once took mushrooms and saw the world as a world. Not just a collection of man-made buildings with a blue back drop. This feeling stayed with me for a very long time. If I could, would definitely go about renewing this.

One sub-breakthrough DMT trip which I'll go into detail in another post.

But who am I? A bloke in this 30's a very changeable person. Love learning new things. The sort of person who loses their accent after working in another country. I've believed there must be a god, been militant atheist, then thought actually Dawkins is wrong. Some people achieve great things by believing in a greater power. Some by believing no god is coming to save them it's down to themselves. I speculate one day someone will use DNA to predict which side of the fence you're on. One thing that has remained throughout is a fondness of Buddhism. "Buddhism Plain and Simple" Steve Hagen excellent read. removes all the cultural trappings only presenting the subject at core principles.

What do I expect find in DMT? If I only wanted to get extremely high there's probably better ways to do it. I'm approaching this with extreme curiosity. A million questions and from what I've read I'll probably have a million more for each one answered if any.

Have read a number of times where people received what might be new information in hyperspace. If true then WOW just WOW. Of course someone also explained how information may feel like new because of some chemical stuff going on (will link here when I have time to find it again).

A few concerns is that my life and livelihood are closely linked to the consumption of booze. With meat on the side. Already thinking how would I explain a change to vegan T-totaller to friends and family. What if my work starts to bother me? In any case neither reason would make me consider not exploring DMT.

Other than the above I'm a father, started learning guitar a few months ago, a gamer, I like a bit of self-experimentation expect to hear about the Wim Hof method at some point. My other half is unfortunately stubborn believing that if politicians rule something illegal then it must be wrong without question Wut? .

Look forward to contributing in whatever way I can.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 3/21/2017 3:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Welcome buddy, thank you for telling us so much about yourself. Feel free to pull my ear on any psychedelic questions you may have. I love talking about it. And that's hilarious you took Lucy at a wedding! Hahaha. Again, welcome.
One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Daft Monkey
#3 Posted : 3/25/2017 2:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Voidmatrix wrote:
And that's hilarious you took Lucy at a wedding! Hahaha. Again, welcome.
One love

and I was the best man! At this point everyone was pretty far gone anyway. At least no one has ever mentioned it to me so I think I got away with it.

Next day was difficult. I wasn't tripping but there were shapes in my peripheral vision. Some things looked bright and beautiful. I asked my girlfriend (who cannot know about this) about 4 times "is it just me or is the room really small?". We drove to see my brother and his family for BBQ that day, for which I had no hunger and slightly dilated pupils.

This was many years ago I'm much more responsible now, honest Cool

Hope I didn't bother anyone with my religious views. Just noticed it's the first question most people get asked here so threw it in.

Anyway glad to be here and making the most of the information, experience at hand.