We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2021222324NEXT»
The official "Is this chem ok to use? / Where can I find ...?" thread Options

raven44
#421 Posted : 11/28/2016 2:47:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, looking for a quick hand assisting a friend I need

He ended up getting best-test rubber cement thinner rather than bestine.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if best test is pure n-heptane or not?

Ty kindly Smile

According to what he has told me im.thinking it is not pure heptane. For one, it did dissolve his fats so......

I'm just weighing all possibilities for him. His solution turned an odd color and I'm unsure why. The suspected heptane turned greenish yellow upon adding his crude extract. It also did dissolve his fats and did NOT leave the fats behind

I've told him to get bestine and run a control test to see if it was the best test that did him in. And if not he must have some lye ect left in his crude extract still im.guessing..

I cannot locate best test heptane on the pull down list I checked

Since this event he has gotten bestine. So hoping to salvage here what he can if anything. Thanks for caring

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Madrus
#422 Posted : 12/9/2016 10:10:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madrus wrote:
How do you think the $5 Onyx "100%" acetone compares to the $30 reagent-grade stuff?

Update: after requesting their MSDS, it contains Denatonium Benzoate (really bitter) and would likely be difficult to wash out of your final product. It would be fine for things taken orally in a capsule, but while I don't know if it vaporizes, I wouldn't trust it in a smokeable product.
https://www.scribd.com/d...806110/Onyx-Acetone-MSDS

downwardsfromzero
#423 Posted : 12/10/2016 9:30:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Denatonium benzoate should clean up with a pinch or two of activated charcoal. Aquarium supplies, before you ask.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

2headsARE1
#424 Posted : 12/11/2016 2:44:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acu
#425 Posted : 12/15/2016 6:23:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all, finished my first attempt at EW's ACRB tek the other day, which seemed to be successful when I removed from the freezer.

Nice white crystals, though there was a fairly clear waxy coating on the bottom of the bowl which after leaving in front of a fan most of the spice melted into.(the spice on the sides was ok but being a flat bowl most was on the bottom and melted).

I'm hoping this is just plant oils that I didn't clean up properly?

I figured the easiest step would have been to put the naps back in and re-freeze again then when I pull out I could nick off the spice with a blade, before it starts melting, and put in a separate container to dry.

Or I could just re-do the cleanup steps.

But instead I just left the bowl out to evaporate and now I'm left with the waxy substance, still fairly clear with a very slight yellow tinge.

So my question is will all of the naptha evap off this wax if left long enough? Or is it harder to evap 100% when dealing with a wax.

My plan was to leave for another day or so, then add warm iso to melt the waxy substance, then add leaves for changa.

Any help is appreciated.
Acu.

skoobysnax
#426 Posted : 12/15/2016 6:57:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IME scrape, spread, let alone overnight REPEAT. Do this until it begins to solidify. Eventually it will crytsalize. Takes longer than MHRB but if you are patient it will work. Did this for 7 days and I finally got crystals i could chop with the blade into powder. ACRB is more work but I love the result. I suspect something traps solvent. I tend to evap longer than most recommend with any material.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Acu
#427 Posted : 12/16/2016 1:33:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah right, I didn't realize it would solidify that's cool, I'll try your method. Thanks.

fibfab3301
#428 Posted : 1/10/2017 8:40:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks! hope everyone has had a great start to the year thus far.

Iw as wondering if anyone knew if this type of toluene was okay to use for a mescaline extraction? click to enlarge picture.

thanks everyone! i sure hope i can use this

Asher7
#429 Posted : 2/8/2017 8:47:17 AM

Professional Tracker

I was wondering about Jasco VM&P Naptha. I found an MSDS but it doesn't tell me much other than it's flammable etc. I'm not sure what to look for in regards to it being safe.

DoingKermit
#430 Posted : 2/9/2017 9:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fibfab3301 wrote:

Iw as wondering if anyone knew if this type of toluene was okay to use for a mescaline extraction? click to enlarge picture.

I looked up the MSDS for you. It wasn't hard to find with a quick google search. If you scroll down to the "Regulatory Information" section you'll see it says "This material contains Toluene (99% and 100%)", which means it should be fine to use.

fibfab3301
#431 Posted : 2/17/2017 8:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for the reply! i Was never quite sure how to figure all this stuff out or exactly what iw as looking for on these sheets. but I have figured it out now Smile thanks for your help. it came at the most synchronistic of times!

DoingKermit wrote:
fibfab3301 wrote:

I looked up the MSDS for you. It wasn't hard to find with a quick google search. If you scroll down to the "Regulatory Information" section you'll see it says "This material contains Toluene (99% and 100%)", which means it should be fine to use.

GandalfTheWhite
#432 Posted : 3/21/2017 7:18:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
I recently found a good source of food grade fumaric acid,
but it apparently contains <= 10 ppm heavy metals.
To anyone with more knowledge is that a safe amount ?

downwardsfromzero
#433 Posted : 3/21/2017 10:28:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

<=10ppm

Less than or equal to ten parts per million. That sounds like the detection limit of the apparatus used, and considering 0.1% is one thousand parts per million, I'd say that's fairly acceptable for most purposes.

Welcome to the nexus, been here before?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

GandalfTheWhite
#434 Posted : 3/22/2017 5:33:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh i see, so the actual content may be a lot smaller than that limit.

Thank you, and yes i've been a long lurker here and finally made a post for the first time.

Thank you for helping me out.

concombres
#435 Posted : 3/25/2017 11:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With all this talk of klean-strip having some weird additives now & bestine being out of business i am looking at some new options for solvent.

I appologize if this breaks any rules but i see several places on an auction site or two listing what is labelled as 99%+ purity solvents that appear almost too good to be true. The prices on this stuff is 1/3 or less than most other larger chemical supply companies are charging. It appears to be re-packaged & has some obviously cheap crappy labels stuck on the containers.

I am wondering if this stuff is safe to order & use or whether there is a reason it is so damn cheap & some information is being with-held by the sellers.

I am hesitant to post links/seller names here for obvious reasons.

KosyPanda
#436 Posted : 5/31/2017 9:49:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The NPS is the only thing I have left to buy, can't get my hands on the de facto recommendation. So I'm trying to find something local with the appropriate MSDS.

Anyone care to fill me in which chemicals I should be looking out for?
Would either of these work?

https://ibb.co/j81T0v
https://ibb.co/bJ71Lv

edit1, more: https://ibb.co/cGWmLv

Portals2Eternity
#437 Posted : 6/7/2017 10:30:49 PM
"You have to see to believe!"

I'm really sorry to those who've seen these questions in waves, for years, but I didn't satisfactorily resolve this question yet. I'm obtaining the rest of my supplies, and have a question re: my NaOH; the msds for Comstar Pure Lye drain opener said it was 99.9% NaOH. Is this sufficient? Thanks in advance!
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

Portals2Eternity
#438 Posted : 6/7/2017 10:52:13 PM

Also, Im hearing ppl say there are now additional additives in vm&p naptha now. Is it still sufficient? Thanks again!
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

nathanielle
#439 Posted : 6/7/2017 11:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Portals2Eternity wrote:
I'm really sorry to those who've seen these questions in waves, for years, but I didn't satisfactorily resolve this question yet. I'm obtaining the rest of my supplies, and have a question re: my NaOH; the msds for Comstar Pure Lye drain opener said it was 99.9% NaOH. Is this sufficient? Thanks in advance!

I would think so. I just double checked my NaOH and the label reads 98%, so yours is better than mine.

Portals2Eternity wrote:
Also, Im hearing ppl say there are now additional additives in vm&p naptha now. Is it still sufficient? Thanks again!

Good question. I tend to go for Swan or Ronsonol myself, but whatever works! Try dripping a tiny drop on to a clean class surface and see if there's any residue after it evaporates, see for yourself

Portals2Eternity
#440 Posted : 6/7/2017 11:55:27 PM

Ok great. I was going to do an evap. test myself but just wanted to see if anyone had any concrete info re: any or all brands of vm&p having additives it didn't, say 3 yrs ago. And with the NaOH in question, I know of others who've used it no problem, just was concerned with, much like the naphtha, of additives changing over time. The manufacturer says that the com star pure lye drain opener is good for soap and msds says 99.9% lye...

«PREV2021222324NEXT»