We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Got my GVG on the way! Options

OfTheVoid46
#1 Posted : 3/14/2017 1:24:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey! This isn't a bragging post or alike, I know plenty of folks around here have one.
I'm just excited.

I've tried many different vaporizing methods in the past including on 'herb', glass bulb, meth pipe, crack pipe, etc.

What I settled on was basically an aluminum foil pipe. I have learned how to heat the outside of the pipe in the proper spot to vaporize all DMT inside. Breaking through in one hit has been possible - it just took a lot of practice and the pipe has to be a specific size and have the foil twisted a specific way to work right and it burns the crap out of your fingers.

So, it's worked for me for years and I breakthrough almost every time BUT sometimes it misfires so to say because the metal burns my fingers or my lips before I can get the whole hit.

So, I hope ya'll are right about the GVG! It looks promising. I got the sherlock + the grey axe pouch, 20 extra screens, 2 concentrate pads (want to see how these work with crystal) and the Lotus L11 lighter.

I am just posting this because I'm excited. I've been eyeing it for a while now but had not wanted to spend that much for the longest time.

I see many experiences in my near future. Blasting off with a properly made foil pipe that you heat on the outside does work but man it's a pain (literally) so it's been holding me back lately as I just hate dealing with it.

Anyone here that has a GVG and used to use something else, what did you use prior and how much better did the GVG make your experiences after getting it?

Has anyone here tried the concentrate pads instead of multiple screens? Thinking of how crack pipes work with the chore boy (my past) work good I'd like to hope at least these pads work alright in the GVG.

So I suppose I'm posting this because I'm excited and I'm curious about input on the last two things I mentioned.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jiva
#2 Posted : 3/14/2017 2:51:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i also just ordered a GVG yesterday Big grin

i have been using a wooden VG so far, but for what i read there should be a difference in how quickly spice evaporates sice the surface area is smaller.

with the wooden VG the liquid pad (vulcano pad cut to fit) works really well.

ys
#3 Posted : 3/14/2017 4:41:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just so you know, heating aluminum foil is extremely harmful

Good luck with the GVG!

Peace

gibran2
#4 Posted : 3/14/2017 5:35:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Welcome to the club!

Prior to getting a GVG, I used many variations of “The Machine”. Results were acceptable but inconsistent, and the vapor was often harsh (probably due to some burning).

Using multiple screens in the GVG is not a good way to go – most of each dose will melt and drip down the stem before vaporizing. The concentrate pads work very well if adequate heat is used.

One thing to be aware of when using the concentrate pads – sometimes, without knowing it, not all of a dose vaporizes. As a result, you may get an unexpectedly large dose every now and then. Surprise!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

OfTheVoid46
#5 Posted : 3/14/2017 7:35:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
i also just ordered a GVG yesterday Big grin

i have been using a wooden VG so far, but for what i read there should be a difference in how quickly spice evaporates sice the surface area is smaller.

with the wooden VG the liquid pad (vulcano pad cut to fit) works really well.

Glad you mentioned that. I was thinking of getting a wood VG also and using one of those pads. I think that would be nice for out in nature.

ys wrote:
Just so you know, heating aluminum foil is extremely harmful

Good luck with the GVG!

Peace

Thanks. Ya I know it's not the healthiest thing but at least it wasn't frequent. That'll be a thing of the past now though.

gibran2 wrote:
Welcome to the club!

Prior to getting a GVG, I used many variations of “The Machine”. Results were acceptable but inconsistent, and the vapor was often harsh (probably due to some burning).

Using multiple screens in the GVG is not a good way to go – most of each dose will melt and drip down the stem before vaporizing. The concentrate pads work very well if adequate heat is used.

One thing to be aware of when using the concentrate pads – sometimes, without knowing it, not all of a dose vaporizes. As a result, you may get an unexpectedly large dose every now and then. Surprise!

Ya on here I kept reading people talking about X amount of screens and I always figured that might be a pain hence the pads. I'll just have to make sure I get them heated properly.

There's nothing like expecting a nice light ride only to find out you're going twice as far as intended from left overs. 'Surprise!' is definitely a good way to put it.

Asher7
#6 Posted : 3/15/2017 7:46:47 AM

Professional Tracker

Like a kid before Christmas. Thumbs up

I'm with you, even though I haven't held one personally the price tag does seem to make you ponder for a minute. It's been holding me back as well. That said, with the way they're talking about it and how it works, getting an actual one to play with seems akin to getting to play with Hendrix' actual guitar.

I'm sure one day it will happen as you usually don't pass these things by. Poast results!Very happy

Psilosopher?
#7 Posted : 3/15/2017 9:20:23 AM

Don't Panic

I've used the vaporgenie a bit, and to be honest, i prefer changa in the bonga. No hassle, just slow inhale in one huge breath.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

tseuq
#8 Posted : 3/15/2017 1:55:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

offtopic:

Smoalk it! Love

Happy & safe travels, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Final Incarnate
#9 Posted : 3/15/2017 8:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smooth is all i can say bout Genie.

if you didnt buy the concentrate pad, filling it up with a piece of a stainless steel pot scruber can be a decent substitute.

the ceramic filter i dont bother with it much anymore it was causing too much Spice to melt in the pad, which made it hard to dose with out changing it with fresh one.

i had so much spice in the pad that when it came time to weigh dose, i just through 10mg on pad, coz figured there was prolly 100mg plus stuck in the pad.

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story

OfTheVoid46
#10 Posted : 3/16/2017 3:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well it came today ... Got the GVG in the case and the lighter.
I ordered 20 screens and 2 concentrate pads. The screens were for "in case" and the pads well, my crystaline buddy.

They did not send the pads. Not a great start to buying from a new company.

Soooo, it's useless to me right now. I purchased more pads since they didn't send the other ones I ordered. Here's to hoping they bother to send them.

Asher7
#11 Posted : 3/17/2017 2:25:05 AM

Professional Tracker

Time to fite.Twisted Evil

You have luck just like I do. Are there no chore-boy like MacGyverisms that work? There's got to be a thread around here by someone in a similar situation. Don't get mad homie, this type of ludicrousness let's you know you're getting close.

3rdI
#12 Posted : 3/17/2017 9:07:06 AM

veni, vidi, spici

ive tried every configuration of GVG i can think of, screens, scrubbers, vape pads ect ect, and i would recommend geting a ceramic sponge to put in the vape chamber. i use the heat filter from a wooden VG as it fits perfectly in my version of the GVG, but other ones are available.

it is massively superiour to all other set up i have tried, and specically the filter from a wooden VG as they seem to be a higher quality disc and fit better than the others i have tried

happy travelsTwisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

OfTheVoid46
#13 Posted : 3/17/2017 12:01:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Time to fite.Twisted Evil

You have luck just like I do. Are there no chore-boy like MacGyverisms that work? There's got to be a thread around here by someone in a similar situation. Don't get mad homie, this type of ludicrousness let's you know you're getting close.

I'm not mad. Aside from buying online I'm also involved in multiple online businesses. I know things happen by mistake all the time. I wasn't mad, just literally bummed Very happy because I was so excited.

It's all good.

I have some steel scrub downstairs. Basically like Chore Boy but steel instead of copper. I could have shoved some pad in there but I wanted to wait for their specific pads to see how they work out. Maybe partial OCD or something but I don't want to use it until they arrive. It might sound dumb but I'm tired of doing "ghetto" stuff with DMT. Like, not wanting to make the foil pipes isn't just about not wanting to make them. It's more like, I'm sitting there thinking about the pain-in-the-ass-ness (new word) of it while I'm trying to blast off. The GVG for me is really for more of a relaxed experience, not having to twist up a convection foil pipe or mess with squishing metal wire. The steel I have was just for use like this but I'd rather wait.

I simply placed an order for more pads and asked them to include the others they missed in that order soooo I can still get what they forgot and they're not losing money on extra shipping.

OfTheVoid46
#14 Posted : 3/17/2017 12:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
ive tried every configuration of GVG i can think of, screens, scrubbers, vape pads ect ect, and i would recommend geting a ceramic sponge to put in the vape chamber. i use the heat filter from a wooden VG as it fits perfectly in my version of the GVG, but other ones are available.

it is massively superiour to all other set up i have tried, and specically the filter from a wooden VG as they seem to be a higher quality disc and fit better than the others i have tried

happy travelsTwisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So, you're basically talking about grabbing the filter from the wooden VG and using it as a pad in the chamber instead of wire/screens/their steel pad?

I'd be up for trying it out. I was thinking of getting a wooden VG for bud anyway. It's so tempting to use the glass for bud but I don't want to mix it with the spice. I figure wood would be fine for bud as I wouldn't feel the need to see as well as I want to with spice.

The thing I'm not seeing on their site is the ceramic pads/filters for sell by themselves. Maybe I'll have to message them. Think I might just get the wood next month and if so check on extra filters.

3rdI
#15 Posted : 3/17/2017 1:12:28 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Quote:
So, you're basically talking about grabbing the filter from the wooden VG and using it as a pad in the chamber instead of wire/screens/their steel pad?

yes, in the version of the GVG i have it just drops in as if custom made.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

boogerz
#16 Posted : 3/18/2017 3:10:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OfTheVoid46 wrote:

The thing I'm not seeing on their site is the ceramic pads/filters for sell by themselves. Maybe I'll have to message them. Think I might just get the wood next month and if so check on extra filters.

They have the gvg concentrate pad on their website
And if i remember correctly if you have purchased a gvg from them you can request to buy extra ceramic filters.

Ive never tried the wooden filter in the gvg but ill take 3rdI advice as it being a good option.

the copperboy & replacement filter from vapor genie both worked well for me

let us know what you come up with

OfTheVoid46
#17 Posted : 3/18/2017 12:16:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I went ahead and gave it a shot with a homemade pad yesterday.

Only 15mg though. I wanted to start low to see if the Lotus lighter I purchased was a mistake or not as most people seem to say to use torch lighters.

Unlike my foil getups I had to kind of pre-heat it and give tiny inhales to get the pad warmed up enough. As soon as I got the smallest taste of DMT I went ahead and gave it a long slow inhale. I got a big puff of vapor on the exhale and was definitely ... out there. I do have a couple torch lighters but figured if I could make a non-torch lighter work, I'd prefer to.

I'm not used to doing only 15mg. I usually do 30mg and with a good hit that's enough to get REALLY out there. Doing only 15mg makes it hard for me to tell if I got it all. This was really just a test run.

I tried taking a second hit and got nothing from it so I imagine I killed the whole 15mg the first go. I'm going to try 30mg once the new pads come (today) with their Lotus lighter and see if it's at least as good as my ghetto foil rigs that worked well.

Just DAMN on one thing, that vapor really is smooth. With my old "pipes" I was so used to feeling a burn in my throat - likely from the heat. With the GVG, if it weren't for the taste and the cloud I saw on my exhale, I wouldn't have known I got any until it kicked in.

I've done a lot of searching of "bic vs torch" and alike on here and most people just say to "use a torch" or "gvg + torch = god" (not literally).

I'd like to hear from those that use only normal lighters, especially if they use the Lotus lighter that you can buy from the VG site.

I understand totally that a torch lighter could be better but if I can get away without one I'd like to.

coAsTal
#18 Posted : 3/24/2017 2:29:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Congrats-- in all the years since I first got a GVG, nothing else has touched it-- I used it for green when I smoked, and very often with herbal changa (or just with changa component herbs with the dmt on top to soak into and "set" the liquid so that it had something to vaporise off of.

I have two screens at the base to catch small particulates, but the folks above are right-- be thoughtful in how you set the crystal, because too much of it, with too little surface area to cling to before vaping, will cause it to liquefy and run down into the pipe neck. This can be recovered with a solvent rinse and evap, which you'll want to do once it gets too gummy--but that's some A+ recycling reward when you get to re-smoke it.

I always use herbs like you can find in the changa threads (mullein, damiana, passion flower, et...) as the base-- it makes smoking far easier, pleasant, and far more efficient. The GVG was MADE for changa.

Once you get the method down, it's very easy (I see it explained in a very complicated way sometimes--and I think: c'mon, travelers-- you're putting a plain old lighter flame just a touch above the ceramic, tickling it, as you pull--adjusted just so, this heats the ceramic to near-flame heat (or red-hot if too close--it WILL ignite the inner contents with direct flame and rapid inhale!), spreads out the heat into the foam as the air passes through, and drops the heat straight down onto the bowl without burning it like open flame.

Opaque, dense vapor glides into your mindhole by way of mouth, and voila!

An internet fanbase on a DMT forum is happily born Smile

I'm not the biggest fan of metal screens alone for spice-- I prefer the "carrier" of the spice to be plant matter--so I can't advise on the discs utility--but I highly recommend you go and order some small amounts of the changa mixes discussed elsewhere-- it made a wonderful improvement in the quality of the experience, and has continued to do so for years.
Smile

bongo264
#19 Posted : 3/24/2017 11:57:51 PM

Lost puppy

Someone posted here a year or so back about putting spice directly on the top ceramic heater and going from there. Ever since I tried that it has be the only way for me... no burning minimal heat required no dripping.

I use a torch held way back to melt into the pad then use plain Jane bic to vape with. Almost always get all in one pull and never harsh.. Also no clogging like I thought there would be. -B