We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cooking Huachuma over fire: tips and suggestions? Options

Bdevall158
#1 Posted : 3/10/2017 11:29:14 PM

Mind Wanderer

Hello nexians, was wondering if anyone here has experience cooking Huachuma traditionally over a fire? I'm just winging it based on bits I've picked up in books and online. Aiming to cook at a steady simmer for 24 hrs before filtering and reduction. Cooking 10 1/2 ft of pachanoi of mine that fell over, first big one to fall so its going to be my first time trying my homegrown and seeing what theyre all about Big grin very excited. Feel free to give any tips or suggestions if there's any one out there actually knows this art. Otherwise I'm just letting the medicine teach me as I go! Love & Light from Texas y'all Razz
Bdevall158 attached the following image(s):
20170310_170937.jpg (2,258kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
20170310_145802.jpg (2,386kb) downloaded 99 time(s).
Snapchat-1210413804.jpg (303kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
LOVE & LIGHT

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bdevall158
#2 Posted : 3/10/2017 11:37:51 PM

Mind Wanderer

Rose petals, hibiscus, and pineapple where added to the blend in the bottom pic for those that are curious
LOVE & LIGHT

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/11/2017 3:36:08 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I hung my pan from a wooden tripod in the middle of a stone circle but that's not necessarily relevant Big grin

Burned lots of Palo Santo, frankincense and other favourite incenses. Strained the cactus off and boiled it a second time with fresh water. Simmered down the combined liquid minus lumps to a third of the original volume.

Cactus tea is great Love

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bdevall158
#4 Posted : 3/11/2017 4:31:39 AM

Mind Wanderer

Very nice downwardsfromzero, I was planning on using a tripod as well, but I bought a cheap aluminum one from walmart that seemed close to buckling from the weight. So I just decided to cook it on bricks, much less potential energy for accidents!It's a very fun process, a whole lot of work before hand, but I feel that this brew will be much more rewarding for the hard work and effort. Or at least one can hope!
LOVE & LIGHT

Asher7
#5 Posted : 3/11/2017 7:18:47 AM

Professional Tracker

Just reduce it slow and keep the inside walls of the pot clean by swishing the liquid around as it lowers and you can't go wrong. Simple as it gets. Getting it to the sipping point is the easiest step.Thumbs up

Bdevall158
#6 Posted : 3/12/2017 1:02:10 PM

Mind Wanderer

Thanks Asher7. So if I were to swirl it around it would keep the residue of the walls? Interesting and good to know! I've normally always done crockpots, and usually can never get off all of that stuff afterwards! To late though now haha, will have to try that trick on the next round .
LOVE & LIGHT

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/20/2017 9:55:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Bdevall158 wrote:
Very nice downwardsfromzero, I was planning on using a tripod as well, but I bought a cheap aluminum one from walmart that seemed close to buckling from the weight. So I just decided to cook it on bricks, much less potential energy for accidents!It's a very fun process, a whole lot of work before hand, but I feel that this brew will be much more rewarding for the hard work and effort. Or at least one can hope!

Ha, my tripod was made of some very thin sticks that only just held the weight of the full pan and old string all of which I found lying around in the garden. We had to be careful that the fire didn't get too large! All told, it's a miracle that the brew survived but I felt this was the way it must be. The brew was very special Love

Hope yours goes/went well!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli