We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
V africana STB and substitutions Options

JAi
#1 Posted : 3/19/2017 6:34:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried using lime and toluene for a TA extract of V africana root bark? Would the Voacangine molecule come across in abundance this way? I was told the Dr Jenks method took someone around 15 days to fully complete. I'd like to focus on the TA extraction at this time, specifically STB using lime, as well as the Voacangine enrichment.

There's also a step that uses diethyl ether, and I was considering THF because it's safer and potentially easier to acquire at a hardware store. I imagine recrystalizing the enriched Voacangine could separate the BHT. Anything to avoid having to distill something.

STB feels like a way to possibly cut losses, and save time in the process. Some guidance may be wise, even if experimentation must be done to find out. I'd like to learn from people who have tried or considered STB TA extraction and or Voacangine enrichment with this plant.

Food grade would be another great parallel alternative here.

I imaging the process would be similar to STB on iboga, though here the main alkaloid (of 10?) would be Voacangine which may require a particular pH to get to the toluene or Limonine.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 3/20/2017 9:55:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a tek for Iboga by Bancopuma, which uses calcium hydroxide and limonene.

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:28:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I was told the Dr Jenks method took someone around 15 days to fully complete.

For what exactly? Just getting a purified TA, or completely isolating Voacangine, or getting Ibogaine?
Would really be interesting, as I haven't heard much about experiences with this tek.

Unfortunately, having read Dr Jenks teks I think that The Voacanga way is only something for the tougher guys, as it seems quite work and material intensive (1kg of bark only yielding 2g Ibogaine)...

And if I look what is needed to finally convert it to Ibogaine, I would think an overall food grade tek is out of question. Hopefully I'm too pessimistic here...

I would so hope to have a better/easier alternative to Iboga, as it would take drastically away the pressure of it.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

JustAnotherHuman
#4 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:34:24 AM

You create your own reality

Quote:
(1kg of bark only yielding 2g Ibogaine)...

This has to be a typo.Laughing
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Aum_Shanti
#5 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:38:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
This has to be a typo

Unfortunately not!
That's the big bummer with Voacanga! Voacangine is only a tiny amount of the alkaloids in there.

According to Jenks 1kg bark has 3.5g Voacangine, which yields with his tek about 2g Ibogaine.

Edit:
Attached the pic from his pdf.
Aum_Shanti attached the following image(s):
Iboga_vs_Voacanga.jpg (94kb) downloaded 85 time(s).
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

JAi
#6 Posted : 3/20/2017 11:01:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:
I was told the Dr Jenks method took someone around 15 days to fully complete.

For what exactly? Just getting a purified TA, or completely isolating Voacangine, or getting Ibogaine?
Would really be interesting, as I haven't heard much about experiences with this tek.

Unfortunately, having read Dr Jenks teks I think that The Voacanga way is only something for the tougher guys, as it seems quite work and material intensive (1kg of bark only yielding 2g Ibogaine)...

And if I look what is needed to finally convert it to Ibogaine, I would think an overall food grade tek is out of question. Hopefully I'm too pessimistic here...

I would so hope to have a better/easier alternative to Iboga, as it would take drastically away the pressure of it.

I see the most benefit coming from researching the Voacangine, though the other alkaloids are worth saving. I would think for those who are only interested in TA, food grade is useful, though the above link to the iboga tek is probably enough information for someone who wants to stop there.

Material and labor aside, let's consider if an STB tek does work to cut down the labor. The benefit is there. There are farms full of this stuff that if only they had some 20 grand start up could sizeably offset iboga demand and keep it from being endangered. These people would benefit from a much more straightforward extraction pioneered by underground research efforts. Quantity and yield are not so much a question at that point.

Vendor reported yield data as presented to me wrote:

3 Kg?StemBark - 100 g VTA – 33 g PVTA – 17 g VRA – 12 g Voacangin raw – 6+ g Voacangin (UK) - 5 g Ibogain

According to lab work with StemBark Powder

1.5 Kg SB - 201 g VTA (unexpected huge amount) – 11 g PVTA – 5.5 g VRA - 4.1 g IBO-rohbase – 3.35 g IBO*HCl

Edit: in the original post I wrote 'the main' alkaloid, but I meant the most interesting. That's a matter of perspective. The actual main alkaloid however has particularly negative side effects so it seems, and would also be great to separate from the TA if possible, even if some similar alkaloids separate with it. That way we could get a qualitative sense for these other less abundant and lesser known alkaloids.

V africana farmer/vendor wrote:

It is the price difference why some Costumers preferred the stem bark, stem bark is cheaper, but the root bark is more potent and cost eficient. we have made the Ibogaine extraction with both with Stem and with root bark.

here is the conclution between Root and stem Bark, but the discription is in german.

JAi
#7 Posted : 3/22/2017 7:58:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
Here is a tek for Iboga by Bancopuma, which uses calcium hydroxide and limonene.

rOm reported low yield with this method using V africana

Probably due to not using toluene and possible the base used

Also it's looks likely that this is from no acid being used