We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Ways to Become Our Strongest Version Options

dreamer042
#41 Posted : 3/10/2017 3:11:45 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

One of my psychology professors once said something along the lines of "A life coach is someone who doesn't have the wherewithal to get an actual accreditation as a counselor." I'd have to echo Snozz here, if your coaches prepared you so well, why come asking for resources?
Moreover why come asking a drug forum for resources? Wouldn't somewhere like livestrong or longecity or any one of a thousand different personal development forums be a moar appropriate place to seek such resources? Just curious.

If you can get people to buy what you are selling, by all means get yours.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phantastica
#42 Posted : 3/10/2017 5:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
And yet, corporations are tyrannical institutions that meet the DSM guidelines for psychopathy, and professional athletes present a whole litany of disturbing and problematic behaviors.

you paint it all in so black and white colors. Yes there are pros and cons, but it's more colorful than that. You speak as though all corporations are psychopathic and all athletes full of problematic behaviors. A grim view my friend..

dreamer42 wrote:
One of my psychology professors once said something along the lines of "A life coach is someone who doesn't have the wherewithal to get an actual accreditation as a counselor." I'd have to echo Snozz here, if your coaches prepared you so well, why come asking for resources?
Moreover why come asking a drug forum for resources? Wouldn't somewhere like livestrong or longecity or any one of a thousand different personal development forums be a moar appropriate place to seek such resources? Just curious.

Sure, many don't get accreditation and there are good coaches who don't need it. I never said my coaches trained me so well that I don't need anyone's help anymore. There's no end to learning and my journey in this field is beginning (even though I've been into this subject for years); so I'm here asking for the toolkits people here use and have found helpful, because I know that this is an intelligent community. Sure, I could ask in other forums, but the more perspectives, the merrier
<3

SnozzleBerry
#43 Posted : 3/10/2017 5:32:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Phantastica wrote:
You speak as though all corporations are psychopathic

The corporate structure is tyrannical in its very nature. This isn't really a debatable point, it's true regardless of their jurisdictional charter and is kind of the linchpin to their functionality as legal entities.

You might find it to be "too black and white," but no matter how hard you might wish, a brick is not a feather duster. I maintain that if your best argument for the merits of life coaching is that "corporations use it to groom effective people" you're exemplifying exactly the problems I identified early on in this thread and the issues that others have raised throughout.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Jees
#44 Posted : 3/10/2017 6:09:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IMHO, the most effective life coach is one who gives the example, just that, and shut his/her mouth on 'teaching' and they don't say people what to do, how to do,... all that is likely cloaked ego in super duper denial.

If I have to hear what I need to hear, I hear it unexpectedly while waiting on the bus or in the lines of a song, pin point exact what I need and for free. The timing chooses itself for some reason. When I'm ready I hear or understand the underlying power, funny enough the speaker was probably meaning something else Laughing

There is a market and need for everything, even the most stupid horrible things sell, so when you want to become a life coach you have won already whatever you're planning to say Pleased

BBBlack
#45 Posted : 3/19/2017 2:22:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Neutral

TheAwakening
#46 Posted : 3/19/2017 8:24:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The qualities of a good life coach depend greatly on who they are coaching but I will share my thoughts on this. It all reminds me of the master/apprentice relationship seen in older times. A good life coach would have lived a life for starters, so they'd be about 70+, maybe even on their death bed as these people have literally just about lived a whole lifetime. Then a few questions come to mind for me personally if I were to consider a life coach;
Do they still have functional relationships with family and community?
Do they move freely in their body/are they still healthy?
Do they still laugh like a child?
Are they open to reflections?
Are they open/inquisitive like a baby?
Do they still carry vitality/are they still wild at heart?
Are their eyes still bright?
Are they successful (at least to goals you wish to achieve)?
Do they have a strong sense of integrity?
Can they be humble/vulnerable?
Are they emotionally mature?
Do they talk openly about the mistakes they've made/still make?
Can they be grounded/still?
Are they still taking good care of themselves?
Can they shift in and out of their ego appropriately?
And many more.

Time is the great separator of truth and fiction, after a lifetime if they are able to answer yes to following then I would personally look to them for some major inspiration, in contrast to coaching. If a "lifecoach" lacks life experience and not just that but a lifetime of life experience then they're not a lifecoach. Lifecoaches never truly know your context, we're all human and we're all fallible, so how can a lifecoach truly coach another?

So many lifecoaches/psychologists I know are there because they either want to feel valuable or as a way to avoid vulnerability, probably both. They've got this thing called life sorted and now they, in all their wisdom, will tell you how you can be a better you.

I really resonante with all that Snozzleberry has said and really offer you to take a moment from your day, leave it all behind, forget who you are and contemplate what he's said. Wishing you all the best on your journey!

PREV123