We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NMT Question Options

InAwe
#1 Posted : 3/13/2017 10:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read that ACRB has more NMT than MHRB.

If I did an ACRB A/B extraction using 3 acid boils, lye and naphtha, pre-evaporation, and freeze precipitation, what is the likelihood that I have a high volume of NMT mixed with DMT?

Sorry if this question is redundant. I know it has been discussed before. I just wanted to give some specifics of a particular extraction with a particular material, and then see what your thoughts are. I have read that naphtha pulls don't extract much NMT compared to something like xylene.

I would just like some advice or insight from someone more experienced than me.

Thanks
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

n0thing
#2 Posted : 3/14/2017 1:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You might have a little bit, why? nmt is just as powerful as DMT and similar in effect albiet less visual. I suggest you read this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23544

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 3/14/2017 2:42:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link!
Do you know, if anything is known about the activity of 5-MeO-NMT?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

TGO
#4 Posted : 3/14/2017 9:41:44 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

n0thing wrote:
You might have a little bit, why? nmt is just as powerful as DMT and similar in effect albiet less visual. I suggest you read this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=23544

NMT is not as powerful as DMT, as seen in the thread you linked:

nen888 wrote:
It was roughly estimated at 1/3 the potency of DMT.

Here is a good thread on the effects of NMT by itself:

1st NMT experience description

As for the original question, most Acacia extractions will likely need a mini A/B to remove the NMT, as seen in Cyb's tek with Earthwalker's cleanup steps:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=58064

Attempting to re-x can also do the trick, but I prefer to do the mini A/B and then a re-x or two at the end.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

InAwe
#5 Posted : 3/14/2017 11:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
n0thing wrote:
You might have a little bit, why? nmt is just as powerful as DMT and similar in effect albiet less visual. I suggest you read this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=23544

NMT is not as powerful as DMT, as seen in the thread you linked:

nen888 wrote:
It was roughly estimated at 1/3 the potency of DMT.

Here is a good thread on the effects of NMT by itself:

1st NMT experience description

As for the original question, most Acacia extractions will likely need a mini A/B to remove the NMT, as seen in Cyb's tek with Earthwalker's cleanup steps:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=58064

Attempting to re-x can also do the trick, but I prefer to do the mini A/B and then a re-x or two at the end.

Wow, that is an impressive AB extraction tek. 1.7% yields and white as snow!
I'm continually impressed at the depth of knowledge relating to chemistry on this website.

I know there has been considerable discussion on the topic of how DMT looks or should look. I'm not particularly concerned with appearance (though it is aesthetically rewarding to get a nice looking final product), but I am concerned with knowing what I'm dealing with. In other words, I'd like to know that what I'm using is DMT, or DMT+NMT, etc.
As stated in the link, NMT is not as visual as DMT. And I do like the visual aspect of these experiences. Though I'm not at all opposed to trying NMT, or a synergistic combination of both.

Thanks for the replies and the link sharing

TGO
#6 Posted : 3/15/2017 9:40:30 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

There are many factors that will determine what ratio of DMT/NMT you have. When I first started extracting, I was using Q21Q21's d-limo tek and would end up with DMT acetate goo, in which I would convert to freebase and then make changa. Due to the unknown ratios of DMT/NMT, 100mg of this changa could sometimes result in a breakthrough while other times resulting in nothing but a light buzz. Due to this, I wanted to see if I could improve upon my methods and create a changa that would be more consistent in its effects.

I started using the Cyb/EW tek and it made a world of a difference. This was because I started cleaning up the product and was getting relatively pure DMT from that point on.

NMT (as seen in the link earlier) does not appear to crystallize easily and will normally remain as white or yellow oil. Unfortunately, DMT can also appear as an oil. So, if you followed your method described in the original post you will likely end up with some crystals + goo and an unknown ratio of DMT/NMT.

I just popped over to your other thread and realized that that is exactly what happened. When you cleaned it up, the goo is likely NMT, other plant fats/oils, and even some left over DMT that didn't migrate into the solvent. Your crystals, on the other hand, should be good to go.

I would keep the goo too just to experiment with but that is me!

Smile

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

InAwe
#7 Posted : 3/15/2017 10:19:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
There are many factors that will determine what ratio of DMT/NMT you have. When I first started extracting, I was using Q21Q21's d-limo tek and would end up with DMT acetate goo, in which I would convert to freebase and then make changa. Due to the unknown ratios of DMT/NMT, 100mg of this changa could sometimes result in a breakthrough while other times resulting in nothing but a light buzz. Due to this, I wanted to see if I could improve upon my methods and create a changa that would be more consistent in its effects.

I started using the Cyb/EW tek and it made a world of a difference. This was because I started cleaning up the product and was getting relatively pure DMT from that point on.

NMT (as seen in the link earlier) does not appear to crystallize easily and will normally remain as white or yellow oil. Unfortunately, DMT can also appear as an oil. So, if you followed your method described in the original post you will likely end up with some crystals + goo and an unknown ratio of DMT/NMT.

I just popped over to your other thread and realized that that is exactly what happened. When you cleaned it up, the goo is likely NMT, other plant fats/oils, and even some left over DMT that didn't migrate into the solvent. Your crystals, on the other hand, should be good to go.

I would keep the goo too just to experiment with but that is me!

Smile

Thanks! That is a big help. It's also good to know that NMT won't crystallize, therefore crystals are probably not NMT.
I did keep the goo, and will experiment with it in the future.

Science!