We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
THH has MAOI + SSRI properties =Possibly Neurotoxic? Options

rild
#21 Posted : 3/9/2017 1:40:17 PM

rild

I do ayahuasca once every weekend. Lately, THH has been part of that.

Did a test with 300 milligrams of THH and went nowhere. For me, THH is not a MAOI.

Did just THH at 500 milligrams. For me, it seems a good SSRI but in complete darkness I get a bit of vertigo.

Have added 50 to 500 milligrams to my regular ayahuasca. At 90, it is a good improvement.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

syberdelic
#22 Posted : 3/9/2017 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rild,

Just to confirm, 500mg THH mixed in with pharma/ayahuasca would likely cause serotonin syndrome symptoms since it has SSRI qualities at this level.

If this is true, it would probably be around 250mg for me which would be right in line with what I consumed in the jungle.

I find it so frustratingly ironic that our hosts were so adamant about making sure we understood the dangers of mixing SSRIs with ayahuasca but yet know little or nothing about drugs. "Ayahuasca is not a drug, it's medicine." Yet, every time they administer ayahuasca, it naturally is accompanied with THH which is an SSRI.

rild
#23 Posted : 3/10/2017 6:10:53 AM

rild

harmine and harmaline are also SSRIs. That is the point.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 3/10/2017 9:17:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

rild wrote:
harmine and harmaline are also SSRIs. That is the point.

Do you have some figures (EC50 or similar) and references for this?

This 'paper', despite the title, informs us of nothing of the sort. There was no research done by the author.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

rild
#25 Posted : 3/14/2017 12:03:21 AM

rild

Sorry about my last post.

I have seen harmine and harmaline described as weak SSRIs but now find text saying they are and in other places are not SSRIs. Wikipedia did describe them as weak SSRIs but removed that text.

When I take them alone, they feel like SSRI to me but slightly different than THH.

Also THH is described here and in other places as a MAOI but it does not work as one for me.

Anyone have a good source of info on this?

syberdelic
#26 Posted : 3/14/2017 1:18:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suspect that this information might not exist. I've done a pretty thorough search and can't find anything. I hope I'm wrong because this is important information, especially to those of us with high sensitivity to SSRIs. It makes me wonder if the girl who died recently at an Ayahuasca retreat had a high sensitivity to SSRIs as well and had a huge dose of THH in her brew. I swear, Ayahuasca made me feel like I had a 110F fever radiating off my spine.

rild
#27 Posted : 3/14/2017 5:00:13 AM

rild

As to your temp of 110...

For me, aya works better if I drink the beta carbolines, wait 20 minutes and then drink the rest. A few minutes after I drink the rest, my skin temperature goes up a lot.

Jees
#28 Posted : 3/14/2017 8:37:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rild wrote:
...Also THH is described here and in other places as a MAOI ...
Where did you get this ideas from? Can you back this up a little please? Links please.

syberdelic
#29 Posted : 3/14/2017 4:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rild wrote:
As to your temp of 110...

For me, aya works better if I drink the beta carbolines, wait 20 minutes and then drink the rest. A few minutes after I drink the rest, my skin temperature goes up a lot.

With pharmahuasca (DMT+harmine) I noticed a slight increase in body/skin temperature but with ayahuasca, it was a massive fever like heat. The problem with this ayahuasca is that I have no idea how much of what drugs (DMT+harmine+THH+harmaline) I consumed. All I know for sure is that it was made with caapi and chacruna.

Of course, I can't rule out that much of my misery from ayahuasca stems from placing DMT in my digestive tract. When I took pharmahuasca, I followed the same 20 minute separation between harmine and DMT. All of the negative symptoms seemed to pop up about 10 minutes after consuming DMT right along side the visuals and things getting strange.

PREV12