We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Environment topic max use of waste like urine Options

Final Incarnate
#1 Posted : 3/6/2017 3:50:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont have much in this topic

Urine contains, Water, NMT, Urea which i think is ammonia, possibly B vitamins.

how cool would it be to beable to take urine, then extract all those seperate things .

im not much of an environment guy, but this kinda seems cool .

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 3/6/2017 4:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Urea isnt ammonia. Else you would get pretty bad caustic burns where you wouldnt want them Wink

Urine can be used for a lot of stuff but nowadays its easier just to synthesise the usefull compounds and to decontaminate the human waste and put it into the sea or river.

In old times urine was used for a lot of stuff. Urea can be used to treat skin problems.
The urine can be used in niter beds to make nitrates which can make explosives or nitric acid which can then be used for metal purfication or for the synthesis of nitrated based heart medication.

Also an old time use for urine as a whole was to reduce Indigo to make it water soluable so it can stick better to the clothes . Then drench the clothes you want to dye in the pee/indigo water and then leave it to oxidize in the air to turn blue again. Just rubbing the dye on clothes was a waste because it washed out so easy.

The biggest problem for urine is that its hard to seperate those things. The only thing you can easily get from urine is urea which can be made faster (and way cleaner and smell free) from other chemicals.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 3/6/2017 10:10:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Urine is also a source of phosphate. I do believe phosphate recovery form sewage is commonplace in Germany and not unheard-of elsewhere. Plus, phosphorus was originally isolated from urine by the German alchemist/proto-chemist, Hennig Brand of Hamburg in 1669. He boiled down hundreds of gallons of urine and then roasted the remaining solids, eventually to produce a white, waxy substance which glows in the dark and catches fire when left exposed to the air. From this property Brand gave phosphorus its name.

I find this to be curious:
*phosphorus (as phosphate/ATP) is key to energy transfer processes in living organisms, thus being a real 'bearer of light' inside all of us;
*'Brand' also means 'fire';

So, back to the environment theme of the OP - we really ought to be taking care of what we do with our urine because of Peak phosphorus. This is because most phophates used for agriculture come from phosphate minerals; phosphate minerals are a finite resource.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 3/6/2017 10:24:44 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Urine is excellent fertilizer for plants if diluted 1/10 with water or mixed direcly into yor compost. Don't be scurred whizz on the heap. Very happy
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

OrionFyre
#5 Posted : 3/7/2017 7:12:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Urine is excellent fertilizer for plants if diluted 1/10 with water or mixed direcly into yor compost. Don't be scurred whizz on the heap. Very happy

This is quite true. Tinkling on a frozen-solid nitrogen-stalled compost heap can get it steaming hot in a matter of days.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Take the third hit
Then youuu....

Godsmacker
#6 Posted : 3/7/2017 4:11:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with dreamer's advice; more information on human waste based fertilizers can be found at sharetheseeds.me

One such author there, Radium, is an expert when it comes to the art of excrement-based plant science; i'd suggest reading through as many of his non-removed threads as possible in order to get a better gross idea about this subject matter.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/8/2017 9:21:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Don't be scurred whizz on the heap.

One of my tried-and-trusted gardening activities Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

roninsina
#8 Posted : 3/13/2017 7:34:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whenever hanging with permaculture folk and asking for the pissuer, I've typically been directed to relieve myself on the fruit

bearing trees and plants, for nitrogen conservation. The fancier farms had biogas digesters for solid human waste, with the useful

byproducts of cooking gas and humanure
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost