We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Need some advices to improve my experience with mimohuasca Options

Istubar
#21 Posted : 2/16/2017 6:40:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sakkadelic wrote:
Did u try extracting?

A very easy way is to saturate the rue tea with salt and let it cool slowly for 8 hours and crystals will form, filter with a coffee filter and redissolve in hot water u can repeat it a couple of times to clean it a bit more... then dry the crystals encapsulate them and take it 15 mins before drinking the mimosa just to ensure that the harmalas were liberated..
Extract in my experience is much more effective than tea.
Extract won't eliminate all the undesired effecys but they are greatly diminished.
Good luck Smile

Nope, not yet.

By salt, you mean common sea salt, like this? As easy as that?

In some FAQ I've read that it's also required to use lye or sodium carbonate. In my case I have sodium bicarbonate, almost, but not the same. And don't want to use hard bases like lye if I can avoid it.

BTW, what would you think about something like this regarding the Rue? (post #11)

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=787636#post787636

- Crush or powder the seeds
- Boil them with vitamin C or desired acidic element
- After boiling, filter and discards the rests. Left the remaining liquid in the fridge or freezer to see if there is some phase formed in order to decant and re-filter
- Reduce to a desired amount and then, add jelly in order to slurp or gulp without feeling the nasty taste

I've read many different opinions with a mixture and success and failure.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Sakkadelic
#22 Posted : 2/16/2017 8:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes by salt i mean normal sea salt, rock salt iodine free is preferable
The process is called manske look it up, it's usually done after the acid base phases to further purify the product and eliminate unwanted compounds...
But it can be done without using any base to get a crude extract that will do the job.
Cook the seeds with some vinegar, after all the cooking is done, reduce the tea to around 200 300 ml, boil the same volume of water and saturate it with salt, mix the 2 volumes and let them cool slowly the harmalas crystals will crash out, after 8 hours filer through a coffee filer and collect the crystals.
Redissolve them in hot water then repeat the above on the new solution
When you are satisfied with the product dry the crystals and collect them
Work with whole seeds it's easier and yields purer harmalas with less effort, also you should press the liquid out of the seeds as i explained before...
It's really so easy
If you are convinced to go this way i'd be happy to write you a detailed procedure of how to do it if you want.

I'm not sure about this jello tek but it might solve the taste problem but won't help much with undesired effects.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Sakkadelic
#23 Posted : 2/16/2017 9:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
With harmala tea, it is really easy to dissolve table salt into the tea while it is still hot. Use between 100 and 200 grams per liter of tea. Then wait for the tea too cool and for harmala HCl crystals (tiny needles) to form. Once the liquid has cooled down, stir it one more time to unlodge any crystals from the jar's (or pan's) walls. When the all the crystals have sunk to the bottom, decant the supernatant liquid.

Now you could pour the bottom layer through a coffee filter as is and dry it, but it would be quite simple to add fresh hot water to the bottom layer with the crystals and repeat the dissolution of fresh salt into the hot solution, in order to obtain an even more pure batch of harmala HCl crystals.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

Istubar
#24 Posted : 2/16/2017 10:06:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hum, the thing is that one should have at least a significant amount of seed, right? Most of the recepies I've read talk about 50g or 100g at least. In my case I have only something around 11g (need to weigh them), but in any case no more than 12g. Therefore it may be a bit absurd to do such extraction, don't know if worths the effort.

Sakkadelic
#25 Posted : 2/16/2017 10:28:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes you're right i was gonna ask about that.. but there isn't much effort and it's easy, you will have to prepare the tea anyway, so just saturate it with salt wait until no more crystals are crashing out, filter, fold the filter, dry the crystals inside the filter using hair drier in 10 mins and collect the crystals...

Istubar
#26 Posted : 3/9/2017 1:17:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, finally I can clearly affirm, this is not for me. Last attempt and unsuccessful. I would say that in 4 years I've prepared around 8-10 brews, and only three where psychoactive (which different levels of potency), but no one could compare with 3g of mushrooms and specially with 3.5g + lemon tek. A bit disappointed with it... But nevertheless a non effective brew can always happen and it was an interesting experience to try to emulate the "ayahuasqueros".

That was my recipe:

1. Let it rest one week in the jar with mineral water. 4.5g of seeds and 10g of MHRB (of course, separatedly).
2. Filter, keep the liquid in the same jar, and boil the remains with two big spoons of apple vinegar until reduction. Then add the remaining liquid to the previously filtered one.
3. Just to be sure although this is probably unnecessary, let it rest for another week.
4. Filter and reduce.

No tanin removal was done for the mimosa, just like that (and tasted horrible. I have goosebumps and nausea if I remember it).

For the syrian rue I add 3.5g of gelatine to ca. 200ml of syrian rue and let it rest in the fridge until it got solid. Despite of this idea it was also horrible to eat, but thanks god not so compared to drink. Cutted in tiny pieces and with some water one could just gulp it like a pill, although it may take 10 minutes to finish.

I've waited 45 minutes to have the effects of the harmalas, and then was time to drink the mimosa. As it tasted very disgusting, I've filtered about 1/3 of the glass (the other 2/3 were already drunk) and in the coffee filter was present a lot of dusty parts, like black sand (yugh). I add also some mineral water to reduce the contentration and make it a bit palatable. Two gulps, and done, then time to use some honey and mouthwash to disipate the flavour.

Some effects appeared about T + 1:30, like feeling a bit dizzy, some tinitus, feeling weak but relaxed, a good feeling of peace although with some nausea from time to time, kind of blurred vision, but nothing more. I turn the room into "pitch black" and closed my eyes, but nothing. As I felt my stomach a bit upside down, I tried to force the vomit a few times (even by touching the throat with the fingers), but nothing came out. I then waited to T+3:00 before braking my fast of >10h and considering this experiment as done.

Apparently the gelatine shouldn't be a problem as in some forums I've read it has worked (also by using gelatine in both! Mimosa too!) while others said it make them puke a lot. As from my point of view the harmalas did they work, I blame this result on following things; or the mimosa is not strong enough (would say so, also had more than 4 years), or the timing was wrong scheduled, or the recipe was wrong, or why not, all of them.

Now I don't have any ingredient left so I can't prepare another brew, but do you have any advice for me for the future?

syberdelic
#27 Posted : 3/9/2017 2:14:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do the extractions. I nailed it on the first attempt with harmine HCl and DMT citrate.
Even traditional Ayahuasca is barely palatable. I think the taste alone accounted for a good portion of my Ayahuasca purge/nausea.

pitubo
#28 Posted : 3/9/2017 8:34:00 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Istubar wrote:
I've waited 45 minutes to have the effects of the harmalas, and then was time to drink the mimosa.

This. Did you ever try ingesting both brews together? After all, that is how they do it in the Amazon. My own experience with extract-based pharmahuasca has been that the potion works best when maoi and dmt are ingested simultaneously.

Istubar
#29 Posted : 3/9/2017 8:50:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried. This would eventually work, why not, but most what I've read suggest to take it separatedly, so I followed those advices. Even here in the forum there are some posts in which one can read, that taking them together worked, but not so strong as by doing it separatedly. A bit confusing Surprised

pitubo
#30 Posted : 3/9/2017 9:03:56 PM

I tried separate and I tried together. Together works for me, separate not so much.

Recently, the consensus seems to be that together is better.

Some of the "separate" advice seems to assume swallowing groung syrian rue in capsules. Perhaps it would make sense with that method of ingestion. However, when drinking a tea, do as the Amazon peoples have been doing for ages: combine together.

syberdelic
#31 Posted : 3/9/2017 9:17:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the bottom line as far as consuming separately is the individual. Although 45 minutes is probably way too long for anyone.

My successful pharmahuasca was separated by 20 minutes. Harmaline HCl dissolved in water, followed 20 minutes later by DMT citrate dissolved in water. I could feel the DMT kicking in no more than 10 minutes after ingestion. My traditional Ayahuasca consumption took around 20 minutes to feel. This leads me to believe that DMT was being destroyed by MAO enzymes for a good 5-10 minutes.

But really the whole point of separate ingestion is simply to give the MAOI a head start. 5 minutes is probably plenty of time.

pitubo
#32 Posted : 3/9/2017 9:23:44 PM

I'd say: when in doubt take a cup of maoi tea 15 minutes before ingesting a combination of maoi and dmt.

At least experiment a little with timing before staying with 45 minutes wait and giving up dissatisfied.

PREV12