We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What just happened? First time use. Trying to piece it together Options

jibbs
#1 Posted : 3/3/2017 11:55:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

Fist, I would like to thank DMT Nexus for opening up the registration for new users since it allowed me to make this post.

So last Sunday I tried DMT for the first time. I have been researching a lot about it and wanting to get my hands on it for awhile. I finally did, and after my first experience I was left both amazed and underwhelmed. I will start from the beginning.

I have a half gram of nn DMT which is a white powdery substance. In preparation I purchased a GVG to smoke it with along with some of those ceramic disks, a highly recommended torch lighter, and a fine scale. The plan was to take 3 hits, if I could. The first one would be small, the second one bigger, then third one all out.

When the time came, it was me and my father together at my house. I went first and he was going to go after me. I loaded up 35mg in the GVG and I'm not sure what came over me, but I just did it all in one big hit. I felt it kick in instantly, before the pipe even came away from my lips. It came of fast and strong. I read a lot about what to expect, so I was expecting that. I started to see some colored fractals, but nothing major. I looked around the room and started to get a little scared at just how powerful it actually was and how distorted reality was getting. I told myself that it was normal, closed my eyes and leaned back and the fear went away. A few seconds later a was blasted off into a bright white light.

Next thing I remember is coming to and the feeling of re-entering my body and this reality as well as becoming human again. I had a strange sense familiarity, not of the room, but of the reality and of my body. During this time I felt like I was being guided back to my body / reality be some other presence. Then all of the sudden I had an epiphany that I was a human being and I knew that a few minutes ago I was not a human being. At that moment it was the most spiritually enlightening thing of my life and I felt like I had just been given all the answers of the entire universe, as if the curtains of reality were pealed back and I has been given a glimpse of the wizard. Slowly, it started the slip away and I remember saying to my father, "where did it go". Then I was completely back at that point, minus some small after affects.

About 10 seconds later I was unsure if I even smoked the DMT yet. I was asking him, "so wait, did I do it? What happened?" I had absolutely no recollection of anything. Then I realized I had, but I wasn't sure how many hits I took. I immediately thought that it just didn't work. I did not recall the blast off or the epiphany when coming out of it. I remembered nothing.

My father decided not to do it because He was going to wait until I tried again and got it right. Later that night I smoked a little weed and I was trying really hard to remember what happened and it started to come back to me. Over the next couple of days those details came back to me, but the entire tripe in-between is still missing. I also don't recall any visuals really.

Is this a typical trip or did I screw it up by doing it all in one big hit? Did I maybe do too much? I definitely had a breakthrough, but my father said that the amount of time I was out with my eyes closes was only for like 3 minutes. Does that sound about right? I was then reading about nn DMT vs 5 MEO DMT and my experience sounded much more like a 5 MEO experience, but the person I got it from says it is NN.

We were going to attempt it again this weekend. From reading all of the accounts of peoples trips on here it is clear that many people are able to remember their breakthrough experiences. What do you guys recommend for us to have a more memorable/visual experience?

Cheers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:01:27 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus!

First of all, please review the Attitude page to become familiar with the rules and posting guidelines, especially in relation to buying drugs.

Besides that, it would be wise to test your substance so you can identify what it is you are ingesting, for the sake of harm reduction. From what you have written it sounds like it could be DMT and (if it is) what you experienced sounds like a typical experience.

The DMT experience is much like a fleeting dream. It is realistic and vivid while you are there but once you come back it quickly starts fading from memory. IMO, I think that this is partly due to the alien and extreme nature of the experience and since we have very little vocabulary to accurately describe it, it tends to hinder the recall process. There are some ways to help remember like having a voice recorder ready to go as soon as you come back and talk/describe as much as you can. You could also scribble down some notes on a piece of paper or even try to draw what you saw. Sometimes bits and pieces of the experience will come back to you over the course of days or weeks. Your best bet is to communicate it in some form or fashion as soon as you can. It should be noted that if a dose is too high, a "blackout" experience can occur. I don't think that is what happened to you though.

35mg for a first experience can be quite the dose. Perhaps try 30 or 25 next time and see if you can get the results you are looking for. Smoked/vaped DMT is such a rapid fire experience and is over as quick as it came. For this reason, some prefer other routes of administration to increase the amount of time spent "there." Changa, oral harmalas + vaped DMT, and pharmahuasca are a few suggestions to research and consider.

Good luck with future endeavors
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

InAwe
#3 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:16:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jibbs,

I recently had an experience very similar to this. For maybe five minutes, I was gone. As I was coming down, I had the same epiphany of realizing that I'm a human and I have a life on earth.

Then, just like you said, almost the entire trip faded from memory.

I think the DMT flash is so strange, so far removed from our reality, that our minds can barely capture/remember any of it.
I always have a notepad close by so I can write about what I experienced, but by the time a pick up the pen, most of it is gone.
I think I'll try The Grateful One's advice and use a voice recorder.

As I understand it, 5-MEO is pretty rare, so it's likely what you smoked was NN. But I could be wrong. However, I would recommend using one of the many extraction teks outlined on this website and extract your own spice. This way you know what you have. It can be a little daunting to research and buy the materials, but it really isn't very tricky if you follow the steps.

Good luck my friend

-InAwe
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

jibbs
#4 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:31:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the excellent advice. I was thinking of recording the entire session next time from start to finish. I'm wondering though how so many people on here give so many detailed descriptions of their time during their breakthrough. I think I'll maybe go with a lower dose, 25mg this time to see if that helps

pitubo
#5 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:33:45 AM

dysfunctional word machine

What the grateful one says.

From what you describe, I gather that you know what you did, but afterwards it sank down back into your unconscious mind. In any case, enjoy the moment of "reset", it is an experience bordering on enlightenment. Don't feel bad if it all feels beyond grasping. It is.

Tell your father that it is okay. Perhaps 25 mg will get you somewhere too. Perhaps not. Just try it. There is nothing to lose in that reality but this reality. And even that is oh so temporarily. What remains are questions about your reality.

Welcome!

jibbs
#6 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:37:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!

Should I be worried about not doing enough and not breaking through? Is it an uncomfortable position to be in a sub breakthrough? I've read from others that what they refer to as the waiting room is not fun, which is why I went right for the 35mg for my first try.

pitubo
#7 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:46:26 AM

dysfunctional word machine

jibbs wrote:
Should I be worried about not doing enough and not breaking through?

Don't be worried, ever, if you can. It shuts you down.

jibbs wrote:
Is it an uncomfortable position to be in a sub breakthrough? I've read from others that what they refer to as the waiting room is not fun, which is why I went right for the 35mg for my first try.

Oh, just keep trying. You might want to try 25 and see how that goes. You might want to try 35 again and see how that goes. Don't worry. Don't try to swim, just dive. Don't worry if you break through the surface and find yourself, thinking "oh my god, now I've done it, I've killed myself!?" because you can't kill yourself with this stuff. It may feel quite real though. Don't worry, you've only killed your ego for a few minutes and then it will come back crawling out of its grave again. Once you get the hang of it, you'll recognize the melancholia that sets in on landing. Expulsed from where you came from, originally.

Don't worry ever if you can. Be careful and be prepared, of course.

jibbs
#8 Posted : 3/4/2017 8:59:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just remembered two important things I forgot to mention about the setting.

1. I was playing the beatles in the background
2.I I had my Hue lights set to a light blue tone

It was pretty interesting to here the music melt, but I was thinking of trying it with no music this time. What do you guys do?

As for the lights. I could set them to plain white, turn them off, or set them to any color on the spectrum. I also have an app that will allow me to oscillate them or blend them in a loop with pulsing effects and stuff. You think that would make it visually interesting?

tseuq
#9 Posted : 3/4/2017 9:18:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Don't worry ever if you can.

To not get lost in focusing on worries, trust in yourself (and) the unfolding experience. Join the flow, full commitment, full power, now.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

jibbs
#10 Posted : 3/5/2017 3:31:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think i only got worried for maybe 10 seconds and I was able to tell myself that to stop. Then once the breakthrough happened I don't even think the concept of worrying existed for me. I guess my concern is if the breakthrough doesn't happen, then would there be room for worry. Do some people enjoy the non breakthrough experiences? I've been looking into the changa and that seems like and interesting approach as well. Interesting, but different.

Has anybody else experimented with animated lights during a trip? Is it a good idea?

Opiate
#11 Posted : 3/5/2017 6:03:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jibbs wrote:
I think i only got worried for maybe 10 seconds and I was able to tell myself that to stop. Then once the breakthrough happened I don't even think the concept of worrying existed for me. I guess my concern is if the breakthrough doesn't happen, then would there be room for worry. Do some people enjoy the non breakthrough experiences? I've been looking into the changa and that seems like and interesting approach as well. Interesting, but different.

Has anybody else experimented with animated lights during a trip? Is it a good idea?

I personally love the sub breakthrough experience! I've gotten way more out of those than a full on break through, and I can usually remember more when I come back. 25 - 30 mg is usually my preferred dose.

jibbs
#12 Posted : 3/6/2017 4:40:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so I just went for round two. This time I bumped the dose down to 25mg. I took it in three tokes, the first being small, the second being medium, and the third to finish it off. I didn't put on any music though something tells my I may have enjoyed some music this time. The experience was completely different. I mean, completely different, like night and day. If I didn't know it came out of the same bag I would have thought they were different substances. Wow!

So this time I do not think I had a breakthrough. I guess this is what you refer to as a sub breakthrough. I was aware of my body and my surroundings the entire time. I was still aware of my own presence as a human being that just smoked DMT in his room. I was a sea of colors and shapes swimming in an ocean of infinite geometric patterns. There were these two bright lights, maybe more than two, but at least two. These lights looked like they were points that were infinitely small, but yet large at the same time. I didn't get a sense that they were entities, but I did feel as if they were trying to get my attention.

It lasted about 6 minutes and when I started to come down from it I was able to remember the entire thing. Not anything like last time. However, I did not get that "reset" feeling like last time where I come back to being a human being, where I know that just a few minutes ago I wasn't. I never felt like I left my body, like I did last time.

It's hard to tell which one I enjoyed more. I certainly enjoyed all the colors and patterns of this one and most of all I enjoyed being able to remember it! However, that ah ha moment of coming back into your body and resetting into a human being again is something that is indescribably awe inspiring.

My question now is, is it possible to have the best of both worlds? Can you have a breakthrough experience that you remember as vividly as the sub breakthrough which includes the "reset" moment? Is it just come down to getting the dosing and intake method correct?

I think next time I will split the difference and try 30mg.

Asher7
#13 Posted : 3/6/2017 6:12:01 AM

Professional Tracker

So far my experience has been small doses, which I'm not fond of.

One night I decided to pull the trigger. Visuals sharply synched up with music and I thought oh no, -black out-, came too sitting up glad to be a human again. I haven't messed with it since.

It seems that this whole deal is self flagulation. It's not friendly in the least. That said, I think it's time to pull the trigger again. I use a vape so god only knows the dose. Every hit feels like suicide.

It would be cool if vg's werent 120 bucks. I cant seem to find the logic in them commanding that price, but then again, I've never found much logic in anything.