We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
TLC Kits are out - link here! Options

bcaapi
#61 Posted : 6/26/2016 1:41:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great! Thumbs up
..and thx for your immediate response.
«Our cleverness far exceeds our wisdom and that's a problem. We've got to become wise, and when we couple that with our ingenuity and our cleverness, then we will be on the way toward saving the planet and saving ourselves.»
―Dennis McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#62 Posted : 6/27/2016 11:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

He said "probably 3 weeks" for the beginning of European shipping.

In the meanwhile, I've been told that through the lunarlaboratories page, shipping from USA to europe works fine too and shipping shouldn't be too expensive.

Either way I will post here once they finally start shipping from Europe

bcaapi
#63 Posted : 6/27/2016 6:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! Thumbs up
Thanks again.
«Our cleverness far exceeds our wisdom and that's a problem. We've got to become wise, and when we couple that with our ingenuity and our cleverness, then we will be on the way toward saving the planet and saving ourselves.»
―Dennis McKenna

Running Bear
#64 Posted : 7/3/2016 9:35:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Brilliant! Thumbs up

Thank you endlessness!

downwardsfromzero
#65 Posted : 7/4/2016 9:34:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My eyes are now officially being kept peeled!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

plantatron
#66 Posted : 8/18/2016 7:49:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am also very much interested in purchasing a TLC kit within Europe.

I guess ordering from US would work, but every package I got from the US in the last 5 years went through customs and they ask questions and randomly open the packages in order to check the validity of the receipt or in case they don't understand the description of the contents.

I do have several Acacias that are about 1 year old and which I grew from seed here in northern Europe (think many grey and rainy days and not too much sun for them) which I would love to test and share results, of course.

Any updates on when the European shipping will be available ?
Blissful and in wonderment, out in the open, on a mountain top, beneath a blueish star-laden sky.

endlessness
#67 Posted : 9/8/2016 3:36:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, the european shipping has started.. They are finishing up some last details to have it done by default to all European residents.. I was told that in the meanwhile, please when you make your order, write on the order comments "European Shipping" and it will already be shipped from within europe

Smile

plantatron
#68 Posted : 9/8/2016 7:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome news! Thumbs up
Blissful and in wonderment, out in the open, on a mountain top, beneath a blueish star-laden sky.

Aum_Shanti
#69 Posted : 3/3/2017 10:30:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would be very interested in testing some phalaris, before doing extensive *C/MS.
Would this test kit work to distinguish DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, NMT, 5-MeO-NMT, Gramine by having them different rf-values (different spots).

E.g. I read in trout's stuff that e.g. Acetic acid (2N) on Silica would work good to distinguish DMT from 5-MeO-DMT (rf 0.5 vs 0.6), but no rf values are indicated for the other stuff.

Whereas for most other systems the differentiation is very poor. That's why I ask.

I couldn't really find detailed information about the TLC-material used in these kits. Paper? Silica?

You said, to use the rf calculator on tlconscious.me. But unfortunately this calculator doesn't work for me (I only get a blank white box on my Firefox).

Thanks for any answer.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

JustAnotherHuman
#70 Posted : 3/3/2017 11:51:10 AM

You create your own reality

This is great stuff you're doing here endlessness! The community needs it!

Many thanks!Thumbs up
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

pitubo
#71 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:18:49 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Would be very interested in testing some phalaris, before doing extensive *C/MS.
Would this test kit work to distinguish DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, NMT, 5-MeO-NMT, Gramine by having them different rf-values (different spots).

E.g. I read in trout's stuff that e.g. Acetic acid (2N) on Silica would work good to distinguish DMT from 5-MeO-DMT (rf 0.5 vs 0.6), but no rf values are indicated for the other stuff.

Whereas for most other systems the differentiation is very poor. That's why I ask.

The Rf values differ for various solvent systems. The values given by the calculator are valid only for the solvent system in the tlc testing kit, I assume.

The tlc testing kit comes with testing reagents that give color reactions with many alkaloids. You can get many other reagents if the one you need doesn't come included with the kit. With the reagents you don't depend on precalculated Rf values.

Aum_Shanti wrote:
I couldn't really find detailed information about the TLC-material used in these kits. Paper? Silica?

IIRC it's silica gel with fluorescent indicator, so you can see where the spots are under uv illumination and mark them with pencil. You can then test those spots with reagents.

Aum_Shanti wrote:
You said, to use the rf calculator on tlconscious.me. But unfortunately this calculator doesn't work for me (I only get a blank white box on my Firefox).

It doesn't work for me either. So I had a look at the html source and found this link on the page: https://chat.dmt-nexus.me/tlc_ratio.aspx . It works. Long live html 1.0!

Did you read this post: Drug testing reagent results videos and TLC spot height calculator ?

Aum_Shanti
#72 Posted : 3/3/2017 2:53:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot! Especially for that calculator link. That helped a lot to see how close they are together.
It seems they are quite close together (5-MeO-DMT and DMT), but probably they can be differentiated. Anyone any experience if this is the case with the testkit (can one differentiate the spots)?
E.g. How long are the TLC-Plates? And how high would caffeine be, when the liquid reaches the top?

If they are silica, then I could try to use them with Acetic Acid if I wanted a better discrimination between DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

I had a look in the database endlessness linked in the thread you mentioned. But as it seems the delivered reagents cannot discriminate on the TLC plate between all these substances. The reaction always just seems to be a gray spot.
http://verbinding.110110...s&infotype=TLCResult

Are there also reagents which can discriminate them on the TLC plate? For as it seems the reagents don't have a problem when not used on the TLC plate. But there I then only get a mix of all colors which is useless on an extract.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

pitubo
#73 Posted : 3/3/2017 9:56:35 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Aum_Shanti wrote:
I had a look in the database endlessness linked in the thread you mentioned. But as it seems the delivered reagents cannot discriminate on the TLC plate between all these substances. The reaction always just seems to be a gray spot.
http://verbinding.110110...s&infotype=TLCResult

Did you watch the videos that appear when you click on the pictures? There is more to see than a gray spot.

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Are there also reagents which can discriminate them on the TLC plate? For as it seems the reagents don't have a problem when not used on the TLC plate. But there I then only get a mix of all colors which is useless on an extract.

AFAIK the reagents should work the same whether on a silica plate or on a dish.

Perhaps endlessness can give you more in depth and more satisfying answers.

Aum_Shanti
#74 Posted : 3/3/2017 10:25:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lol, ah sorry. Didn't realize that these are all videos.
I just saw a video symbol for the 5-MeO-DMT ones. But now I realized that this symbol means, that these videos are not longer available, whereas all the other ones are still working videos.

So thanks for pointing that out. Will order some kit now, as it seems...

endlessness
#75 Posted : 3/4/2017 1:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ehrlich and hofmann (pdmab-ts) are good to differentiate between dmt and 5-meo-dmt. Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JSWaCSy4Y

If there's too little you might have a hard time seeing on the plate, and if there's too much, the nearby spots may at least partially overlap making diferentiation between them harder. So play around with concentration of samples.

As for the tlc calculator, and the excel calculator linked here in the nexus, they use methanol:25%ammonia (100:2.5) as eluent, which is what is sold with the bunkpolice kit. You can see the 5-meo-dmt and dmt as separate spots, though they are close. You could make another eluent on your own and play around to get better separation, but then the calculator wont work and you'll need your own standards.

Aum_Shanti
#76 Posted : 3/4/2017 7:55:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

OK, thanks a lot for pointing that out.
Will happily look forward to make TLCs of my plants...

intosamadhi
#77 Posted : 5/26/2017 4:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can these kits be used to test for THH ? I see harmine and harmaline in the spot test videos but no THH. Any tips on what is needed (which reagants) for this ?

Mindlusion
#78 Posted : 5/26/2017 4:51:25 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

intosamadhi wrote:
Can these kits be used to test for THH ? I see harmine and harmaline in the spot test videos but no THH. Any tips on what is needed (which reagants) for this ?

THH will show up as a faint blue spot under UV below that of harmaline on TLC
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

JAi
#79 Posted : 5/26/2017 5:15:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How do these spot test reagent kits work with ibogaine alkaloids and 5-MeO-DMT? I take it it's not reliable enough to guess the alkaloid based on length of travel on the plate.

Mindlusion
#80 Posted : 5/26/2017 5:21:50 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

JAi wrote:
How do these spot test reagent kits work with ibogaine alkaloids and 5-MeO-DMT? I take it it's not reliable enough to guess the alkaloid based on length of travel on the plate.

It is pretty reliable if you have controls to test against, but for testing complete unknowns, it won't tell you much

But guessing based on length of travel isn't bad either, for this it is best to use the combination of TLC and reagent testing... I wrote a post on this previously.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=794039#post794039
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

«PREV23456NEXT