We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My thoughts on finding your life purpose Options

JustAnotherHuman
#1 Posted : 2/26/2017 4:51:43 PM

You create your own reality

Hi Nexians!

I think that when it comes to the question of what is the purpose of life, that the answer to that question is actually quite simple, at least in my mind.

I think that purpose is just what you make it. Follow your heart, whatever makes you happy, whatever resonates with you on a deep level, pursue that. It's obviously a cliché, but I think it's so true.

I used to not think about these things, but I have been thinking moar about it lately, and I find that I'm actually pretty sure on my purpose in this world, that being helping people and the planet in whatever little way I can.

Maybe the word purpose itself is the wrong word. I think when it comes to this existence, all that really matters is living a good life, being good to the people around you, and being happy.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, what do you guys think?
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 2/26/2017 8:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The closest I could come to defining a "purpose" in my life is the pursuit of health and happiness and helping others in their own pursuit. I think that many who become too focused on a well defined purpose or primary purpose become victims of the popular phrase, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Legarto Rey
#3 Posted : 2/26/2017 9:15:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JAH, thanks for your S+M dialogue. Referencing deeply, re the exalted states engendered by DMT(and associated cogeners), is not the norm. Typical trip reports, while inspiring, don't speak to the profound grounding that entheogens deliver.

A pragmatic appreciation of the basic goodness allowed through living is superbly nuanced.

What I try to relate to the receptive is that the deep psychedelic state REMINDS us of our complete and total connectedness to the Source. Call it what you will, or deny it. The deep entheogenic reference frame(5min or 5hour), is an opening to the NATURE of what IS! The sense that "reality" is granted to us, moment to moment, through ????, should be our focus.

Peace

JustAnotherHuman
#4 Posted : 2/27/2017 12:08:35 AM

syberdelic wrote:
The closest I could come to defining a "purpose" in my life is the pursuit of health and happiness and helping others in their own pursuit. I think that many who become too focused on a well defined purpose or primary purpose become victims of the popular phrase, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

This. There is a youtuber that I watch, and he always signs off with:" Do good, be good, live good, namaste." I just love that. That's all one can do, really. That's all that one needs to do.
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

Final Incarnate
#5 Posted : 2/27/2017 1:23:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Irrelevant really. the biology faculties of living organisms really.

I think Apes get too caught up in things like Life Purpose, Ego, thinking, feeling.

I think if i was any happier id die of seratonnin syndrome lol .

Final Incarnate is an RPG Character in Terra's Terra . Everything this character has done or does is part of an RPG Story

Asher7
#6 Posted : 2/27/2017 5:34:52 AM

Professional Tracker

The purpose of life is to gradually reduce that which you're using to keep yourself busy with to finally grasp that which is life in itself. Now brothers 'n sistas what I'm saying here is life is a hella profound "thing" which is so hella profound that it's sheer profoundness is profound enough to confound even the greatest of thinkers. Think about it, what we have here is a "thing" that by definition is too big and too descriptive to be defined.

The realization could shock a brother. So what we do here is we get'm born and all up in the mix with some pre programming and a little bit of a set to play with before they even realize it and let them think they being busy and doing stuff and then we just all gradual like remove some of that pre program and start pulling back on our set and the next thing you know...boom, pure extracted 100% pure, LIFE!

Then we do that a few infinite times because when you're life and have an eternity to fill it's best to have a few friends otherwise you might go insane talkin to yourself.Shocked

DoingKermit
#7 Posted : 2/27/2017 11:27:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a mushroom trip on Saturday which gave me a simple but effective message - follow the beauty in life. We have the power as humans to make our lives whatever we want them to be. It's a simple choice... it doesn't have to be difficult. Life can feel out of control sometimes and paths can easily be lost, but I feel like it's all about perspective. The lost path might be exactly what we need sometimes.

It's easier said than done, keeping a constant positive attitude, but that message has really stuck with me.

woody
#8 Posted : 2/27/2017 12:38:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm quite happy not to have a purpose. After spending many years trying to work out what I wanted to be or do I eventually realised that I don't need to be or do anything in order to live a fulfilling life. Sure I have roles I play in life, which I take seriously, but I don't feel like I need anything in particular to define me, give me purpose. In that respect I can just Be.

In a modern context the whole 'life purpose' thing seems like trying to scratch out an identity and create something to focus on in order to be fulfilled in this crazy hectic world. In the end this can lead people to more insecurity and unhappiness in life in the search for their ever elusive purpose by feeling like they're failing. If we're lucky we can realise that it's already there. All the joy, beauty and fulfillment is right in front of us if we could tear ourselves away from all the distraction and just pay attention.

woogyboogy
#9 Posted : 2/28/2017 9:47:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

love everything said here so far.

Just my 2 cent and not sure if I am making any sense but.. I think life doesnt need purpose, because life ITSELF is the purpose. Asking our selves what our purpose is is like if you imagine your teeth asking them self what their purpose is. If we see ourselves as physical bodies our obvious purpose is to stay alive, if we see ourselves as spirit, in that case the purpose seems to be to experience life in all its forms. Either way life it self seems to be enough, no need for any complicated thought patterns (like identities) to project on it.
Honestly the longer I am living this life, pondering these questions, the more I feel like just relaxing and letting life flow through me is all that is needed, without the need of asking my self what is my purpose all the time and then trying to correct the way I am going.
That doesnt mean there not some grand ideas coming along, and feelings of being lost or going to the top,but its still the same game. Just another side of the coin.

Koornut
#10 Posted : 2/28/2017 9:58:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do art.
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

JustAnotherHuman
#11 Posted : 3/1/2017 12:25:53 AM

woogyboogy wrote:
love everything said here so far.

Just my 2 cent and not sure if I am making any sense but.. I think life doesnt need purpose, because life ITSELF is the purpose. Asking our selves what our purpose is is like if you imagine your teeth asking them self what their purpose is. If we see ourselves as physical bodies our obvious purpose is to stay alive, if we see ourselves as spirit, in that case the purpose seems to be to experience life in all its forms. Either way life it self seems to be enough, no need for any complicated thought patterns (like identities) to project on it.
Honestly the longer I am living this life, pondering these questions, the more I feel like just relaxing and letting life flow through me is all that is needed, without the need of asking my self what is my purpose all the time and then trying to correct the way I am going.
That doesnt mean there not some grand ideas coming along, and feelings of being lost or going to the top,but its still the same game. Just another side of the coin.

This.

darklordsson
#12 Posted : 3/1/2017 6:23:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Final Incarnate wrote:

Irrelevant really. the biology faculties of living organisms really.

I think Apes get too caught up in things like Life Purpose, Ego, thinking, feeling.

I think if i was any happier id die of seratonnin syndrome lol .

Hahaha! That's the truth, spoken freefull and without doubt!

Life purpose is defined by the individual, free will as they say, you make the choices, but don't forget, for every action, there is a consequence for. Some good, some horribly bad, but I do need to say what will be will be, if you want to make it or not. Deciding to take a step is up to you and the choices you make, no one else's. Find what your pourpouse is, even if its painful, even if you gotta suffer to find it. Its there, you havent found it yet? KEEP LOOKING... Its there. Just wake up, to what you already knew...

Asher7
#13 Posted : 3/1/2017 10:02:27 AM

Professional Tracker

I think my life purpose is to keep trying to realize myself. My personal belief is that I haven't even hit the finished part of the creation. All of us are still being "built".

So along with a core foundation of Jesus teachings (for me personally, you do you)(Matthew 22:37-40) and using what my friend "nastybastard" termed "the law of applied principles", it seems like the purpose of this life is to discover myself and what's inside of me that I'm not aware of yet or haven't fully grasped.

I can't speak for others but it seems to me that it's a constant dance of recalibration. I'm allowed to wander so far, and then every now and then I get shown a great vision, or a 'feast of tabernacles' as they say happens for a time, and then it's back to the world to practice what I've been shown. A constant striving to be better at "that".."me" I guess you could say.

Sometimes I fail, sometimes I surprise myself, but overall I think the vision I see is taking root and rising in percentage as things have gone along. The constant battle of being better in the qualities that matter, even though that requires facing honestly the nature inside of me that keeps me from being that vision.

Unless this is some joke and yall are in on it, I think that's what everyone is doing, or should be. Other than that all the other stuff is just games. Working on being true to yourself while helping out where you can. And there's always some work to be done.

If by some random chance this 'earth life' is all there is and when our bodies go back to being ground that's it, then I think that's an honorable way to spend that time. I could rest easy knowing I tried my best at something I thought was of value, and maybe even made someone else's day a little easier or better yet, enjoyable.

(Matt 22-37 Jesus replied: โ€œโ€˜Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind'. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: โ€˜Love your neighbor as yourself'. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.โ€)