We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Everyone - First timer with some questions Options

VisionSeeker
#1 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:22:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

After much experience with mushrooms and salvia, my friend feels ready for dmt. Something is drawing him to it that can't quite be explained, and he is hoping it becomes clear soon. There will be a ton of noob questions in here but basically he is trying to assemble all the info he needs in one spot for his specific procedure. He also wants to make sure the final product is safe. Time taken to respond is greatly appreciated. Smile

He has purchased the main items needed, but this is his first extraction, and doesn't want to mess anything up or create a potentially harmful product. The naptha container has no real info on it, it is "IOSOL Camp Fuel" from home hardware, wanted to see if anyone could tell him if it was suitable to use. Also, the Lye he purchased is also from home hardware and labelled as "Lye Crystals - Free flowing multi-purpose cleaner", again, is this what he wants to be using?

He has 500g of MHRB.

Initially he was going to do an A/B extraction, but it would seem STB makes more sense. He has read many TEKS but still doesn't have a clear idea of what is going on exactly.

->start by combining Lye + Water + MHRB
What amounts should he use with 500g of MHRB? Does he have to test the PH to make sure it is correct? Is the water heated? Any stirring at this point? Etc.

->add naptha
Again, what amount does he add? What is the stirring procedure? He was thinking of getting a 1 gallon wine jug. He then waits for seperation and can siphon off the top clear layor with a turkey bastor? He can then keep adding naptha to whats left in the jug, stirring, and siphoning off for additional "pulls"?

->Evaporate
Next he takes what he siphoned off and evapourates it somewhat? How much? And then finally puts it in the freezer on the coldest setting overnight. Next he takes it out and filters it through a coffee filter while still cold.

->Recrystalization
He should then continue reducing the left over Naptha solution and freezing it to try and get more?

->Wash
Is this step needed? Should he judge it based on the appearance of the final product? He was leaning towards a cold distilled water wash over an ammonia wash. One less thing for him to buy and he heard the ammonia can cause some spice to be lost.

So basically that's his plan and what he knows...hoping to fill in the gaps. Any other materials he may need? Any help is greatly appreciated, he is looking to do this soon.

Thank You

PS I love the site!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

GratefulDad
#2 Posted : 9/13/2009 8:37:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would go through and answer each question individually, but check out the tek in this thread, and see if that doesn't clear up any questions. http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...=posts&m=78424#78424

For most STB teks 1 gram of lye per gram of bark is recommended, and 15 mls of water, however SWIM gets away with much less water in the above tek, with excellent results. Good luck!

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/13/2009 2:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome Smile

VisionSeeker wrote:

The naptha container has no real info on it, it is "IOSOL Camp Fuel" from home hardware, wanted to see if anyone could tell him if it was suitable to use

No idea, sorry.. look on the internet for this brand see if you find something. I would keep trying to find some other naphtha if I was you. Go to different hardware/paintshop stores, look on the solvent section, read labels. In the label it should should say aliphatic hydrocarbons, naphtha, hexane or heptane, either of those but nothing else.

VisionSeeker wrote:

Also, the Lye he purchased is also from home hardware and labelled as "Lye Crystals - Free flowing multi-purpose cleaner", again, is this what he wants to be using?

Also dont know, keep looking in other stores until you find something that specifies contents as only lye, NaOH, sodium hydroxide. It should contain nothing else. Search the internet for the brand you found, maybe theres more info.

VisionSeeker wrote:

What amounts should he use with 500g of MHRB? Does he have to test the PH to make sure it is correct? Is the water heated? Any stirring at this point?

ratio recommended is 1g MHRB:1g lye:15ml water. If its your first extraction, dont start with 500g, first do a 100g extraction. pH doesnt have to be exact, use the ratio I just mentioned. Water doesnt need to be heated (it will warm up as lye mixes with water). First add lye to water, stiring. Later add mimosa, stir. Use only strong glass or hdpe container, no cheap plastic no thin glass nothing else.

VisionSeeker wrote:

Again, what amount does he add? What is the stirring procedure? He was thinking of getting a 1 gallon wine jug. He then waits for seperation and can siphon off the top clear layor with a turkey bastor? He can then keep adding naptha to whats left in the jug, stirring, and siphoning off for additional "pulls"?

For 100g mimosa (dont do 500g extraction first time!), use 50ml naphtha pulls. Warm them up before by first heating some water (fire far away from naphtha!) to around 50-60 degrees celcius (which is just when it becomes too hot to touch with hand). Then turn off fire, put the 50ml naphtha in a container, and submerge the bottom of the container in the warm water, leave for a couple of minutes, and then throw the naphtha in the mimosa mix. Dont shake! instead, stir in strong round motions with some stainless steel big spoon or some stick or whatever, making like a whirlpool in the middle. Do this for a couple of minutes, then let it sit to separate the layers for a few minutes. Then repeat the stiring, do this a few times.

Then you have to separate the top layer, and theres many ways to do this. Ive heard that some turkey basters are not good because they dont have the 'suction' to keep the liquid inside, it falls out as you try to pull it out. Also you have to see if material is good (glass or HDPE). Otherwise a pippete is also good, if you can find. In any case, one thing you will notice is that its tough to pull only the top layer without pulling anything of the bottom layer, specially in the last parts. So what one can do is to crudely pull all the top layer and maybe a bit of the mimosa mix together to a thinner tall container. Then clean the pippete/turkey baster, and now in this thin/tall container the two layers will be more distinct, so you can more easily separate now only the top layer to the final freeze precipitation/evaporation container. In this last part, only pull out the naphtha until you can accurately do without risking pulling the bottom layer.. The last little bit, just pour it back into the main container.

Do 5 pulls total.

VisionSeeker wrote:

->Evaporate
Next he takes what he siphoned off and evapourates it somewhat? How much? And then finally puts it in the freezer on the coldest setting overnight. Next he takes it out and filters it through a coffee filter while still cold.

You can try to put in the freezer straight away if you used the quantities mentioned. If nothing comes out, then evaporate half the amount and stick in freezer again. In any case, the thing is that in the freezer the dmt crystals will be mostly stuck to the bottom/side of the container, so you will have to scrape it out first (possible spilling/mess) and then run through coffee filter. Or another option is to just pour the naphtha off (which you can reuse for making more pulls), and then leave the container upside down, but at an angle so that air can come in, with a fan blowing air. This way any remaining naphtha trapped in the crystals will drop off/dry. Then after a few of hours it should be dry and you can scrape the crystals more easily.

VisionSeeker wrote:

->Recrystalization
He should then continue reducing the left over Naptha solution and freezing it to try and get more?

No. This is only if the crystals are dirty after you already have evaped/freeze precipitated them. Then if you are unsatisfied with their quality, you put in a small container, and redissolve them in a minimum amount of warm solvent (30ml per 1g dirty crystals), and if they are dirty a bottom dirty goo layer will remain, so you pull out the naphtha on the top leaving the goo behind, and freeze precipitate them again.

VisionSeeker wrote:

->Wash
Is this step needed? Should he judge it based on the appearance of the final product? He was leaning towards a cold distilled water wash over an ammonia wash. One less thing for him to buy and he heard the ammonia can cause some spice to be lost.

forget ammonia wash. and the wash is anyways not done on the crystals, its done BEFORE the freeze precipitation/evaporation. Its the naphtha that is washed. Just add a tiny tiny pinch of sodium carbonate to, say, 50ml water. Then put the solvent from the pull in the same container, shake (no problem, emulsions should not form), let separate, and then again pull out the solvent and now you can proceed to freeze precip/evap ... this step is not essential, you can skip it if you want

VisionSeeker
#4 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:22:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much. I will take your advice and only use 100g of MHRB for my first attempt. I am sure I will post more questions as I go. My main concerns were with my Naptha and Lye. If they weren't exactly what I wanted, can I still filter out any undesirables from my final product? Or will the procedure just fail all together?

I am looking for info on my Naptha and Lye, here is what I could find.

Lye:
http://www.homehardware....leaner_lye_crystal_s_3kg
I found the MSDS for the product and the only ingredient it lists is Sodium Hydroxide. Can it leave any out?

Naptha:
http://www.homehardware....ame/fuel_white_gas_966ml
That's all I can seem to find on it.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lye seems ok, but dont know for sure

but forget the naphtha!

just read carefully, it says " Rust inhibitor added for corrosion protection"

thats exactly the kind of stuff you DONT want.. instead of searching for fuel, search for solvents in paint shops or hardware stores, and read the labels

GratefulDad
#6 Posted : 9/13/2009 8:51:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Varnish Maker's & Painter's Naphtha, or VM&P Naphtha without rust inhibitors is what to watch for. When unsure, be sure to do an evaporation test to make sure there are no residues or funny smells left behind.

VisionSeeker
#7 Posted : 9/14/2009 9:00:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
lye seems ok, but dont know for sure

but forget the naphtha!

just read carefully, it says " Rust inhibitor added for corrosion protection"

thats exactly the kind of stuff you DONT want.. instead of searching for fuel, search for solvents in paint shops or hardware stores, and read the labels

I did an evap test on my naphtha and there was no residue or smell. Should I still look for something else?

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 9/15/2009 4:51:28 AM

John Murdoch IV

If it left no residue at all then you should be fine Smile
Good luck and Bon Voyage Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

VisionSeeker
#9 Posted : 9/16/2009 4:39:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well my friend has crystals! Smile

After combining the water lye and mhrb, he added the naptha after about 2 hours. Mixed that on and off for about 5 hours and let it sit for the night. In the morning he mixed one more time and did his first pull. After a while in the freezer there are crystals!

He can't wait to try DMT for the first time, but is also kind of scared... lol Smile

transitory
#10 Posted : 9/16/2009 10:06:04 AM

currently intergrating

VisionSeeker

Hi there. The following is a method which my friend uses to launch. This is mostly cobbled together via cut and paste from the forums here so a warm thanks to all those un-credited members who freely offered this advice. Your friend will, of course, find his own method but the following may help.

• You may wish to first try 15-30mg to get the feeling of spice first.
• Prepare your setting so there’s no possibility of disturbance. Sleep masks/ear plugs may be considered.
• Meditate, stretch, and relax etc to attain a good mind set.
• Prepare all necessarys in advance (pipe, lighter, somewhere to place them etc.)
• No more than 30mgs first time. Try 50mgs for a breakthrough.
• Go in with respect and love.
• Don't worry about being nervous- pre flight anxiety is normal.
• Mentally prepare yourself for the fact that the smoke might be harsh.
• 3 inhalations within 1 min. (vaporizing time included) is within the time slot for a breakthrough.
• The first hit is important- Inhale and hold it for 20 seconds. Exhale, remember to smile.
• It is normal to feel like you’ve had enough after 2 inhalations- take another.
• By now you'll be entering hyperspace (if sufficient spice has been inhaled).
• close your eyes and relax. The key is: Surrender. . . Surrender. . . Surrender . . . let it go!
• Don't worry, your body will continue working just fine,
• Don't attempt internal monologue – just witness- don’t attempt to interpret or analyse
• Just surrender and understand that EVERYONE COMES BACK. EVERYTIME. ALWAYS. I promise Smile
• Becoming conscious of one's breathing is an effective way to anxiety reduction.

Good luck!

"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

VisionSeeker
#11 Posted : 9/17/2009 1:52:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the tips. I will take them to heart.

A quick question, is it normal for the spice to be almost like powder? If they are crystals they are very small. Also, how would they be handled when putting into a pipe or what ever, it seems like a lot would be lost if they were just picked up.