We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is LSD nothing but an amplifier? Options

hector77
#1 Posted : 2/26/2017 2:02:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, Everyone. I was studying LSD for a year by now, and was checking out its effects with other herbs, like Bacopa monnieri, Tribulus terrestris, Withania somnifera ( I have 250mg extract tablets, i generally dose 2 tablets before 30 minutes.) and whenever i try with these herbs the trip feels so different. Is it just an illusion or, have you felt this before?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

syberdelic
#2 Posted : 2/26/2017 8:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My theory that is supported by some scientific studies is that psychedelic drugs in general defeat filters in the brain such as the corpus callosum that make external and internal reality a bit easier to process. So, in a way I agree that LSD can act as a sort of amplifier as much of what the brain does is amplify. It just allows the circuitry to operate less inhibited. Just imagine trying to function through a normal day while on a 10-strip. These filters are there for a reason, but sometimes need to be temporarily pried loose to allow us to see reality and our own psyches for what they are.