We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New to the forum Options

heathermc64
#1 Posted : 2/25/2017 9:57:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi am new to this forum and firstly would like to just say hi Smile I joined mostly because I am seeking advice but I also have a deep interest in spiritual healing and healing plants. I am Considering a Ayahuasca ceremony/ retreat and have done some research on this however I am seeking advice from anyone who has been to anything like this and is willing to share their experiences.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 2/25/2017 9:06:34 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hi, welcome to the Nexus!

You are likely to receive mixed results when it comes to people's experiences with Ayahuasca retreats. I have never been to one personally but have had my share of experiences with Ayahuasca in the comfort of my own home. The best advice would be to do as much extensive research as humanly possible before settling on any decisions.

Do you have previous experience with psychedelics? This is definitely something to consider before travelling to a foreign land and ingesting one of the most powerful substances known to man, IMO.

Here is a link to some Ayahuasca Retreat threads from the Nexus.

Cheers!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

heathermc64
#3 Posted : 2/26/2017 11:06:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hiya thanks for your advice I've done some research but am definitely gonna do some more the retreats am looking at are all 2/3 days which I think would be enough for me .

I hope you don't mind me asking but how does Ayahuasca differ from just straight DMT ? I've had two experiences with DMT one good one not so good! I think my bad experience came mostly because of the company I was with.

Thanks for the link .

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 2/26/2017 12:49:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

heathermc64 wrote:
Hiya thanks for your advice I've done some research but am definitely gonna do some more the retreats am looking at are all 2/3 days which I think would be enough for me .

I hope you don't mind me asking but how does Ayahuasca differ from just straight DMT ? I've had two experiences with DMT one good one not so good! I think my bad experience came mostly because of the company I was with.

Thanks for the link .

Ayahuasca is a liquid decoction meant for oral ingestion. It is made from two plants, one containing mono amine oxidase inhibitor alkaloids, the other plant containing the psychedelic tryptamine, namely N,N-Dimethyltryptamine.

Taken orally DMT would be amenable to oxidative deamination by mono amine oxidase enzymes and thus would not be active. Taken orally with an MAOI the DMT experience is extended to four to 6 hours, there is an added physical component and purging is common. Oral DMT with an MAOI seems to ease you into an intense peak, which it then eases you out of. Oral DMT with an MAOI may not always work, I have seen groups where most became intoxicated, while others did not, all off of the same brew, so you may need to make multiple attempts, if it does fail, be patient and wait to try again another time, do not begin to consume unreasonable or irresponsible amounts.

Smoked DMT freebase takes hold nearly instantly, and can last from 7 to 20+ minutes. There is generally no nausea or vomiting with smoked DMT, smoked DMT is a very quick, intense, psychedelic "flash". I prefer smoked DMT, however, it can be a bit overwhelming for others.

-eg

heathermc64
#5 Posted : 2/26/2017 4:28:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info

Am very drawn to the idea of Ayahuasca the spiritual aspect of it, the DMT experiences I had whilst I enjoyed the first try the second was to much to quick and I was scared to go with it in hindsight I wish I had just tried to control my breathing and let it play out. It's not something am going to rush into am going to seek out as much as I can before I makeva decision to try Ayahuasca.