We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hyperslap and integration question Options

InAwe
#1 Posted : 2/26/2017 2:34:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since I'm brand new and can only currently post in this area, I suppose I'll ask a question that someone may be willing to answer or discuss.

Recently, SWIM had a truly confounding experience that was essentially his second real breakthrough. SWIM encountered an entity that seemed aggressive. SWIM is curious whether this may have been a "hyperslap" for venturing two days in a row without properly integrating previous experiences. SWIM is also fully aware that the intensity of this experience may have caused him to interpret said entity as aggressive because it was such an alien experience that he is just not used to.

This brings me to a deeper question. The "hyperslap" seems like an interesting phenomenon given that it may happen if one is too greedy with travel, or if one has yet to fully integrate previous experiences. That said, how can one possibly integrate any of these experiences? I can see being greedy and venturing too often perhaps, but to "integrate" these experiences seems very difficult if not impossible. It's like pulling a fish out of water, throwing it back in, then asking it to describe the experience to its fish friends.

So, is what SWIM experienced likely a "hyperslap," or more likely just inexperience with space travel?

Thanks in advance for replies, and sorry if this post is not suitable for the welcome area. If it's not, please let me know and I'll be happy to remove it.
"If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance''

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 2/26/2017 4:46:27 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

First off, you are totally good posting in the welcome area. I did move the thread to a slightly moar appropriate section, but no worries, you are in the right place.

Based on your descriptions I likely wouldn't designate what you experienced as a hyperslap, though when things start feeling malevolent, it's often a good idea to pull back and reorient for a while, lest one push their way to a hyperslapping.

InAwe wrote:
That said, how can one possibly integrate any of these experiences? I can see being greedy and venturing too often perhaps, but to "integrate" these experiences seems very difficult if not impossible. It's like pulling a fish out of water, throwing it back in, then asking it to describe the experience to its fish friends.

Laughing That's a very accurate description. That really is the question, how does one integrate such intensely powerful, strange, and alien experiences? Well, what you take from the experiences and how you fit them into your mental schemas and the framework of your daily life is a very individual thing. I'm not sure we can ever really completely fathom the impossible vistas that lay but a good solid toke away, but I find it helps to consider them in a similar vein to dreaming. Sometimes there will pertinent or important information relevant to our personal habits and daily living, sometimes it will be beautiful to the point it hurts to come back/wake up, sometimes you'll just get hit out of left field with some nonsense that leaves you scratching your head and wondering wtf was that about?

Integration very much boils down to accepting the mystery. Much like dreams, we can choose to scour these experiences for their underlying layers of personal meaning, or we can simply write them off as wild trips without deeper implications, but we still gotta wake up in the morning and go to work, pay the bills, make our contribution to society, and entertain the latest celebrity gossip and sports team statistics. Chop wood, carry water, ya know? Take from the experience what helps you become a better person and don't fret too much over the rest of it. And when things get a bit too weird and you feel that inevitable sense of isolation from the current cultural paradigm, remember that there is a whole community of like-minded explorers walking this strange path of integrating the impossible right here. Or as one cat once put it:
dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
chessur.jpg (84kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 2/26/2017 12:27:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure traumatic experiences should necessarily be seen as negative, I look at them like a birth, very chaotic, there is stress, blood, screaming, and so on, yet this is the entrance to life, it's a birth even though it looks like a death.

I was once dismembered and then rebuilt by an entity, he tore open my chest and stomach and removed all my organs, then these amazing glowing jeweled objects were created, the entity then filled my body with these objects, replacing my organs with new organs made with atoms made from these new objects...

The dose in this experience is ridiculous, idiotic, but I Still feel its valuable information to share.

Quote:
*note: the dose range in this report is highly inflated, there is no reason to ever dose this high*

the first time I consumed N,N-dimethyltryptamine I smoked 200mgs of translucent yellow crystals of DMT free-base on top of a small amount of high-grade cannabis (about 0.35g cannabis). I consumed the entire contents of the smoking utensil in a single inhalation. I held my breath, in less than 5 seconds an intense rush began, first I felt more intoxicated than I had ever been, then, pure awe, "I don't believe it!" I kept repeating in my head, "this is impossible".... my surroundings began to quiver and slither apart, faster than anything I had ever seen before, everything began moving away from everything else in a mash of brilliant color and geometric form, with blinding speed and intensity, before fully shattering the "reality" in my visual and mental field...

It came on like a freight train, completely unstoppable, I remember thinking "oh fuck! Get this stuff out of me!" And frantically trying to exhale, keep.n mind that I still had not had the chance to even count to 10, or even fully exhale. It was pure terror, I thought "now you have done it! You killed yourself!" After brief mourning at the life I had just departed from I began to pay attention to the present, I remember feeling like I was at the bottom of a foggy mountain with dirt roads, the clouds felt like a domed ceiling, everything was wet, misty, cloudy and rainy, I was overcome with an intense feeling of panic and deja-vu, I felt like a lost child, everything I knew about who I was or my life or earth seemed like a distant dream, like I dissolved out of existence, I knew that I had died, I knew that I was dead, and I was certain that you had been here before, the dejavu was as intense as the terror and awe and I was emotionally overwhelmed while confronting the event of my death.

Just like sand slipping through finger cracks I tried to hold onto this all as my entire identity as a human was dissolved, I remembered my name, the earth, my family, who I was, being a human, and life, but like grabbing at smoke, it was futile, everything slipped away and nearly faded entirely out of my memory, impossible to cling to all this, I had to let it go...
I kept thinking "what the fuck was life?"
...I could not tell if I was breathing or not, I would take air in, but couldn't feel it, I began taking in rapid, deep, panicked deep breaths, thinking that none of the oxygen was entering my system or reaching my lungs, then noticed a pain in my chest...

A giant mantis like being had its claws in my chest! It proceeded to tear open my chest and stomach removing all my organs and insides, I was about to go into shock when I saw a bright green light flash over my shoulder, it nearly hit me, it then became a beautiful fractal-geometric object, morphing and color changing, at times it was metallic at other times it was a beautiful jewel, and all the while to look into it was to view endless geometric fractal patterns, moving, morphing, and changing color.
The mantis then put this object in my torn up body, he began to make billions of these objects, each one unique and radiating beautiful colored light, and the mantoid filled my body with them, billions of them, becoming small as atoms to construct the new insides and organs of my mangled corpse, then I was sealed up and propelled into an orange light where I was resurrected, my conscious-being (soul) was becoming reunited with the physical world...

...then I felt as if I was being pushed head first through a thick gelatinous membrane, violent gesticulations of the membrane surrounding me were forcing me through this thing...I was being born!...

...slowly I began to recognize my surroundings, my face still covered in tears, I looked up and saw the branches of a tree in the yard all slither in sinister fashion in from all directions to take place and solidify as the tree in the distance, the world began to slither back into place, most things moved in an elegant liquid serpentine slithering motion, or like the dancing movements of a flame, I was deeply reminded of psilocybin.

As the world constructed itself back into the familiar, so did my conscious state and memory, I was still disoriented, and fairly traumatized, I thought I had been gone for millennia, "how long was I gone I asked?"....
"about 20 minutes" was the answer
...those who were there said in reality I curled up into a ball and began to cry for 20 minutes.
I was wondering why my face was wet, because it felt like I had actually just been through being born, I was still covered in tears and shaken, I felt like I had been "turned inside out", then that I had died, been dismembered, rebuilt, and resurrected, everything was in a state of complete restructuring, I was a entirely new person, truly reborn, seeing the world through new eyes...

The immense deep spiritual and psychological implications of this experience left me for ever transformed, reborn as a new person entirely, it was the single most meaningful thing that has ever happened to me, and changed me in many significant ways, all for the better.

( I was not looking for enlightenment, awakening, or answers, I was not looking for transformation, and I really did not expect much, I was simply curious...most people expect a good deal and have set goals or specific reasons for ingesting the compound, and while this is fine, it's entirely unnecessary. )

-eg

-eg

InAwe
#4 Posted : 2/27/2017 12:57:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer042,
Thank you for your thoughts on this matter. I think you're right that we have to accept the mystery. In a sense, that's really all we can do. I'm sure the argument of whether or not these realms exist has been raging on this forum for quite some time. And I think this is a very interesting argument. However, it's very similar to the argument about whether or not god exists. Basically unprovable either way.
I think there is a similarity between the DMT flash and our nightly dreams. And like you said, we can either choose to analyze and incorporate the experience, or simply chalk it up to a wild ride. Personally, I would like very much to think I can bring something positive back from these experiences. And I think this is possible. It's possible to bring back positivity, and perhaps a more relaxed view of the nature of existence. However, I reserve some skepticism with regard to any specific knowledge that can be taken away. That being said, I'm very green. I'm very new to this experience, and I understand that rookies should get some experience before chiseling personal opinions into stone.

So, how often can you travel personally before you feel your presence is unwelcome??

Also, do I need to quote text from a member's post in order for them to be notified that I responded?

InAwe
#5 Posted : 2/27/2017 1:05:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=entheogenic-gnosis]I'm not sure traumatic experiences should necessarily be seen as negative, I look at them like a birth, very chaotic, there is stress, blood, screaming, and so on, yet this is the entrance to life, it's a birth even though it looks like a death.

Entheogenic Gnosis,

That is a crazy, crazy story! I'm struck by how crazy most DMT trip reports sound. I was recently speaking with someone about one of my few experiences, and I realized that I must have sounded like I should be in a straight jacket in a rubber room.
I appreciate you saying it's not necessary to view these experiences as negative. Of course there can be positives gleaned.

In your experience, how often do these sorts of travels take place? In other words, this type of horrific experience isn't commonplace, is it?

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 3/1/2017 6:36:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I'm not sure traumatic experiences should necessarily be seen as negative, I look at them like a birth, very chaotic, there is stress, blood, screaming, and so on, yet this is the entrance to life, it's a birth even though it looks like a death.

Quote:
Entheogenic Gnosis,

That is a crazy, crazy story! I'm struck by how crazy most DMT trip reports sound. I was recently speaking with someone about one of my few experiences, and I realized that I must have sounded like I should be in a straight jacket in a rubber room.
I appreciate you saying it's not necessary to view these experiences as negative. Of course there can be positives gleaned.

In your experience, how often do these sorts of travels take place? In other words, this type of horrific experience isn't commonplace, is it?

I honestly don't see this event as being negative, it was traumatic, and it was difficult to go through, but ultimately it was beautiful, it was quite terrifying, but it was also exhilarating, the DMT experiences Still expresses a coincidentia oppositorum, you are not free from the felt experience of paradox, and on the case of the DMT experiences the polar extremes seem to be intimately clashing, so while it's horrifying it's equally amazing...any way, I don't see this as a negative event, in any way.

This was a One of a kind experience, nothing close has happened since.

There's nothing unique about this experience, and I guess "crazy" really is a subjective term.

After this event I was informed by many associates that my experience was identical in key features to "shamanic initiation". Shamanism is in the past of every culture from every part of the globe, and this initiation experience spans these various cultures.

Quote:
*in reference to Siberian shamanic initiation*
Often these initiations by either another shaman or the spirits involved a traumatic visionary death and rebirth experience. Sometimes this included a journey to the underworld, meetings with deities and the would-be shaman’s body being dismembered and then put together again
http://www.newdawnmagazi...ts-of-siberian-shamanism

Quote:
The actual initiation can be equally excruciating. Most initiations in most cultures involve a symbolic death and rebirth: the candidate 'dies' to his old identity and is reborn to a new one. Shamanic initiates often experience this resurrection in gruesome ways. When the rai (spirits) make a shaman in western australia, they take him to their home.
'There they cut him up and hang up his insides...his body is dead, but his soul remains there, and on the order of the rai to look steadily at the part hanging up, he recognizes [his organs]. His body is put over a hot earth-oven, with magic cooking stones in it, and covered with paper-bark. The perspiration streams down. The rai replace his insides and close up the flesh. He is told that he can henceforth travel in the air like a bird or under the ground like a goanna...

Stories of disembowelment, dismemberment, and reassembly ( usually with magic stones or crystals inserted into the shamans frame) are best understood in this light.

-Hidden Wisdom: A Guide to the Western Inner Traditions
By Richard Smoley, Jay Kinney; page 161

Quote:
The initiation is understood as a process of death and rebirth: “first, torture at the hands of demons or spirits, who play the role of masters of initiation; second, ritual death, experienced by the patient as a descent to hill or an ascent to heaven; third, resurrection to a new mode of being – the mode of ‘consecrated man,’ that is, a man who can personally communicate with gods, demons and spirits. For initiatory death is always followed by a resurrection; that is, in terms of psychopathological experience, the crisis is resolved and the sickness cured. The shaman’s integration of a new personality is in large part dependent on his being cured

-Written by Mircea Eliade, the entry for Shamanism in vol. 19 of Man, Myth and Magic

Quote:
The priest is the socially initiated, ceremonially inducted member of a recognized religious organization, where he holds a certain rank and functions as the tenant of an office that was held by others before him, while the shaman is one who, as a consequence of a personal psychological crisis, has gained a certain power of his own.
A shaman may be initiated via a serious illness, by being struck by lightning, or by a near-death experience (e.g. the shaman Black Elk), and there usually is a set of cultural imagery expected to be experienced during shamanic initiation regardless of method.

According to Mircea Eliade, such imagery often includes being transported to the spirit world and interacting with beings inhabiting it, meeting a spiritual guide, being devoured by some being and emerging transformed, and/or being "dismantled" and "reassembled" again, often with implanted amulets such as magical crystals. The imagery of initiation generally speaks of transformation and granting powers, and often entails themes of death and rebirth.
http://www.crystalinks.com/shamanism.html

So while someone in the west would hear this story and assume the individual telling it was insane, in a shamanic culture it would have been recognized as standard for a "shamanic initiation".

For some reason I was reminded of this quote, McKenna was referencing Jacques assessment of certain abduction phenomena, however this equally applies to deep Entheogenic phenomena as well:
Quote:
I’ve paid very close attention when these experiences were happening to me, and there always seems to be loose ends that argue against whatever hypotheses seems currently most attractive, and though Jacques didn’t mention it today I recall in his book The Invisible College he stressed the absurdity that seems to attend the contact experience. That if the contactee will truly tell the unvarnished truth then there will be elements in the story which will make the contactee look like a moron, in other words, the invalidation of the experience is an inimical part of its structure, almost as though the entities were saying, well you may tell this story if you wish, but if you’ll tell it truthfully you’ll be taken for a fool. Well there’s nothing wrong with being taken for a fool except that it does peal the phenomenon rather nicely away from the very sober ladies and gentleman who are making there careers in some branch of science. They are not interested in investigating the kinky, the anecdotal, the possibly pathological.
-terence McKenna

-eg

InAwe
#7 Posted : 3/2/2017 10:16:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis,

Very interesting that the experience of being ripped apart and put back together is one that shamans share. I've heard McKenna discuss shamanism many times, and as I understand it, it is by no means an easy or fun position to hold. Your description of this experience proves this point even further.

To be honest with you I'm glad that you said this experience was one of a kind for you. I'm not sure if I would want to experience that. However, every time we open ourselves to a breakthrough, we must be willing to accept whatever happens, if for no other reason than we can't control it, even if we tried. I suppose this knowledge is one aspect that contributes to "pre-flight anxiety." That being said, I'm glad you found the experience to be positive in the end. I imagine some would abandon the endeavor completely after that sort of a harrowing breakthrough.

With regard to McKenna's quote about relating the experience to others, I totally agree. Like I've said earlier, to discuss these breakthrough experiences makes a person sound quite insane. Which is why I'm extremely greatful that this website exists!