We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Full spectrum mimohuasca extract Options

maranello551
#1 Posted : 2/24/2017 8:17:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Put rue and mimosa in coffee grinder and powder together.

Do alcohol pulls on combined powders.

Evaporate and scrape up.

Repowder extract.

Encapsulate.

Ideas?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 2/24/2017 7:34:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Try it and report back? Why not extract the two separately so you have a better idea of the respective yields for each plant, plus more control over dosage should it come to it? Why not mix it with some of your lime before extracting, just to see if it works better that way?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

maranello551
#3 Posted : 2/24/2017 9:08:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Try it and report back? Why not extract the two separately so you have a better idea of the respective yields for each plant, plus more control over dosage should it come to it? Why not mix it with some of your lime before extracting, just to see if it works better that way?

Why would freebase dmt be better than a dmt salt for oral use?

Wut?

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 2/24/2017 10:55:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

maranello551 wrote:

Wut?

What are you hoping to achieve with your method? Do you think that your extraction would be more successful with or without freebasing the alkaloids? Are you planning to use the tincture 'as is' or were you intending to perform some kind of work up first to remove tannins or other undesirable substances?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

pitubo
#5 Posted : 2/24/2017 11:30:10 PM

dysfunctional word machine

maranello551 wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Why not mix it with some of your lime before extracting, just to see if it works better that way?

That is not what downwardsfromzero wrote. The use of lime was suggested to improve the extraction result, not the oral consumption result.

maranello551, IMHO most of your threads are (still) quite useless. You fire many questions and assumptions from the hip, and expect others to fill everything in for you. Please learn to invest more time and effort in the research and presentation of your topics before claiming other people's time and effort.

maranello551
#6 Posted : 2/25/2017 7:26:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

maranello551
#7 Posted : 2/25/2017 7:37:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

These "try it and report back" recommendations.....

I will do so if anymore hasn't, but I won't bother if someone already has and it doesn't work well. I don't own mimosa trees.

It would come as a surprise to me if nobody has tried this.

I'm just waiting on a report to confirm whether it's worth undertaking as much as other ROA or not.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 2/25/2017 6:24:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

To be fair, I have trouble getting the site search engine to produce useful results as well.

I would encourage you to think about what factors might make your proposed method more or less likely to be successful on the basis of existing literature and techniques.

Arcturus
#9 Posted : 2/25/2017 10:32:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
To be fair, I have trouble getting the site search engine to produce useful results as well.

the search isnt that great..

OT I dont think alcohol pulls anything active from rue, rue in alc should become harmala red. So I dont think your "tek" will work..
14h 15m 39.7s, +19° 10 56

pitubo
#10 Posted : 2/25/2017 11:06:51 PM

Arcturus wrote:
OT I dont think alcohol pulls anything active from rue, rue in alc should become harmala red. So I dont think your "tek" will work..

My personal observation has been that HCl salts of harmala alkaloids are moderately soluble in ethanol, probably more soluble even than the freebase harmalas.

It is not clear what harmala red actually is. I don't believe that alcohol alone causes a degradative reaction in harmalas in their natural salt form. Heat and base seems to do it with freebase harmalas, making a bright red pigment.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 2/26/2017 12:07:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

So there remains the question of the relative extraction efficacy of mimosa with or without base, given that harmala alkaloids would extract better in the salt form. Overall I'd say it's better to extract the two components separately, by the sounds of it.

Solve et coagula

pitubo
#12 Posted : 2/26/2017 12:27:47 AM

maranello551 wrote:
These "try it and report back" recommendations.....

I will do so if anymore hasn't, but I won't bother if someone already has and it doesn't work well. I don't own mimosa trees.

But why do you assume that others do?

maranello551 wrote:
It would come as a surprise to me if nobody has tried this.

They probably did, and the method likely failed to bring desired results. Try searching for "mimosa alcohol", "drytek", "cake method" and perhaps other search terms. You are not limited to the nexus search engine, any decent internet search engine will accept
Code:
site:dmt-nexus.me foo bar
as a syntax to search for "foo" and "bar" on the nexus only.

From what little effort I just put into it by searching for information and reading some threads, I conclude that unbasified ethanol is not very effective at extracting dmt from mimosa. But you should vertify that for yourself.

maranello551 wrote:
I'm just waiting on a report to confirm whether it's worth undertaking as much as other ROA or not.

Perhaps I'm just a little edgy, but you give me a distinct impression that you want to be spoonfed a lot. I've said this before to you already a few times but it looks like you don't care much for people's comments in these matters.

It's not like it's very hard to perform a little actual experiment, even with only a little mimosa material, given that you say that you are interested in this.

Arcturus
#13 Posted : 2/26/2017 8:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Arcturus wrote:

My personal observation has been that HCl salts of harmala alkaloids are moderately soluble in ethanol, probably more soluble even than the freebase harmalas.

It is not clear what harmala red actually is. I don't believe that alcohol alone causes a degradative reaction in harmalas in their natural salt form. Heat and base seems to do it with freebase harmalas, making a bright red pigment.

Well fck me I have it here harmala red and it's not active..
14h 15m 39.7s, +19° 10 56

pitubo
#14 Posted : 2/26/2017 8:10:04 PM

Arcturus wrote:
Well fck me I have it here harmala red and it's not active..

I have no intent on becoming intimate with you but I do wonder how you got the harmala red?