We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
RhythmSpring's guide to Salvia Tea Options

Inner Paths
#21 Posted : 2/14/2017 9:53:39 PM

Secretary of the Interior

I remember reading somewhere that it is tannins in the leaf that produce the bitterness and heat will bring out more tannins. I wish I could remember the source for this information.

My home made tincture definitely doesn't have as bitter a flavour as hot teas I have prepared in the past.

I guess the best thing is to just try doing a cold tea using a french press with rehydrated leaf and see if the flavour is more pleasant and effects are still as strong.

Thanks for the input RhythmSpring Thumbs up
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#22 Posted : 2/15/2017 7:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Inner Paths wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that it is tannins in the leaf that produce the bitterness and heat will bring out more tannins.

Honestly that dosen't sound right. Tannins produce a bitterness that is markedly astringent. The bitterness in Salvia is more of a dull, "ugh" bitterness (suggesting terpenes) rather than the "agh my tongue and throat" bitterness as, say, a harmala-containing plant would produce (there be tannins, yargh).
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Inner Paths
#23 Posted : 2/15/2017 9:49:34 PM

Secretary of the Interior

Yeah, I wish I could remember where I read it, could've just been a post on a forum somewhere. It'll be interesting to see if the taste is different with a cold press either way. I have read a few people through anecdotal posts that the cold tea isn't as bitter.
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Asher7
#24 Posted : 2/15/2017 10:08:29 PM

Professional Tracker

It's funny you would mention this:

"In Mazatec ceremonies, it is traditional for Salvia to be prepared by children. For this reason, I have made it a habit to have the tea "blessed" by someone I see with a particularly young/innocent energy. Or, it helps to do it in their vicinity. In the Mazatec ceremonies they keep a very close watch over the people taking the medicine. They sit very close and make sure they stay somewhat rooted in reality."

I was posting in a thread last night about howw salvia can have a very child-like headspace and even clue you into states of mind I believe we've had before our birth here.

Whether there's any correlation there or they just like to start teaching their children young I can't tell you but, what you said there makes me wonder.

TheAppleCore
#25 Posted : 2/24/2017 5:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What are everyone's thoughts on regular, mild salvia experiences (dare I say even micro-dosing salvia) for therapeutic purposes? It's something that has been nagging my curiosity for awhile now, but I haven't gotten around to experimenting yet.

RhythmSpring
#26 Posted : 2/24/2017 8:59:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheAppleCore wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on regular, mild salvia experiences (dare I say even micro-dosing salvia) for therapeutic purposes? It's something that has been nagging my curiosity for awhile now, but I haven't gotten around to experimenting yet.

I did this basically all through college. I would do low Salvia doses like 2 or 3 times a month.

A few things happened:

1. A massive sensitivity (reverse tolerance) developed.

2. I became reliant on it for mental clarity, using it as "spiritual upkeep." Sometimes it even helped me write essays.

3. While it gave me much insight into my own thought processes, an unfortunate side effect was that I could then see other people's thought processes, even ones they weren't aware of, and that became quite stressful.

4. It kinda gave me access to truth without having the tools to do something about it. This is why I now prefer Iboga microdosing to Salvia microdosing--the kappa-opioid insight-within-stillness aspect is therein coupled with an MAOI-like fluidity and a tryptamine push into manifestation. (Whoa I'm weird)

Hope this helps.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 2/24/2017 10:44:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That is a superb and very helpful description, RhythmSpring. Thank you!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TheAppleCore
#28 Posted : 2/27/2017 5:30:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, excellent summary RhythmSpring. Giving one access to the truth without having the tools to do something about it -- that's exactly what classical psychedelics did for me, for almost a decade after I first tried LSD. However, now that I have become better at handling that truth, I would say I've enjoyed an overall benefit from the effect.

If anyone else has any experience to share, that would be quite groovy indeed.

Uiui
#29 Posted : 1/15/2019 8:33:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We were talking earlier in the chat and you sent me this thread link. Well written I will try this thanks for the information, well written. Smile
EDIT: I Had about 11 medium large leaf and I did as you suggested. It was very pleasant peaceful and subtle. Next time I will try 20 leafs. I prefer this method over quid. Thanks for sharing!
its too dangerous to let anyone feel better, then everyone's going to want to feel better and society depends on suffering so that can't happen

PREV12